[COM] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
normh
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1156 Post by normh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:47 pm

SBD wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:01 pm
normh wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:02 am
Have all the images been deleted from this post #1142 Post by Adelarch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:10 pm
as I can't see them??

cheers
Some ad blockers and corporate firewalls block some of the images on this forum. I see pictures sometimes that are missing if I look from a different place/device/browser. Are you using the same setup as when you saw them?
Thank you for responding, I'll have to look closer at what is going on as I'm at home, I've tried to see them using microsoft's Edge brower, Firefox is my default, this site is a trusted site in my Ghostery ad blocker and it is not displaying the images in either browser, I've also tried it on my iPhone via Telstra and my wifi and still no luck. If I sort it out I'll let you know.

cheers

Prodical
High Rise Poster!

#1157 Post by Prodical » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am

View coming into Adelaide
Attachments
Realm.JPG

normh
High Rise Poster!

#1158 Post by normh » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:06 am

Went past Porters Lane about 8am this morning and concrete trucks there, must be pouring the next floor? would that be 33? last time I did a count was mid August when it was the 27th floor, well by counting using binoculars from east of Pulteney and starting the count at 8th floor which is the podium deck.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1159 Post by rev » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:39 am

The other day the RAAF flew some of it's aircraft over Adelaide as part of the build up to the Edinburgh Airshow in November. In this photo of a Poseidon aircraft, Realm stands out quite well in the background.

normh
High Rise Poster!

#1160 Post by normh » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:50 pm

normh wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:47 pm
SBD wrote:
normh wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:02 am
Have all the images been deleted from this post #1142 Post by Adelarch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:10 pm
as I can't see them??

cheers
Some ad blockers and corporate firewalls block some of the images on this forum. I see pictures sometimes that are missing if I look from a different place/device/browser. Are you using the same setup as when you saw them?
Thank you for responding, I'll have to look closer at what is going on as I'm at home, I've tried to see them using microsoft's Edge brower, Firefox is my default, this site is a trusted site in my Ghostery ad blocker and it is not displaying the images in either browser, I've also tried it on my iPhone via Telstra and my wifi and still no luck. If I sort it out I'll let you know.

cheers
Hmm this is weird, this is the first time this has happened, so up until the other day I have never had an issued viewing any of the images. I have tried my desktop at home (using Edge/IE/Firefox), desktop at work, (IE) (both Windows 10) I have tried my iphone on Telstra network (using safari) I have tried my wife's iphone on Vodafone (using safari) I have tried both of our ipads (on Telstra network) nothing showed those images. I tried tapatalk on my ipad and it worked. I flushed all the caches nothing worked. The only conclusion I can draw is something has change on the sensational-Adelaide server. Anyone have any other thoughts?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1161 Post by rev » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:20 am

normh wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:50 pm
normh wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:47 pm
SBD wrote:

cheers
Hmm this is weird, this is the first time this has happened, so up until the other day I have never had an issued viewing any of the images. I have tried my desktop at home (using Edge/IE/Firefox), desktop at work, (IE) (both Windows 10) I have tried my iphone on Telstra network (using safari) I have tried my wife's iphone on Vodafone (using safari) I have tried both of our ipads (on Telstra network) nothing showed those images. I tried tapatalk on my ipad and it worked. I flushed all the caches nothing worked. The only conclusion I can draw is something has change on the sensational-Adelaide server. Anyone have any other thoughts?
I had an issue with images that I posted. All that was showing up for me was little boxes, but apparently others could see them as a couple people 'thanked' the post.

normh
High Rise Poster!

#1162 Post by normh » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Already! it looks as if there has been another core rise, I have just scanned back through my old posts and it must have only been the 24Sep for the last one. So that must be about the 37th, getting close to the top?

cheers

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#1163 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:33 am

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1164 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:37 am

Genuine skyscraper - check,
Exceptional design - check,
Quality materials used - check,
Ground activation - check,
Integration with heritage elements - check.

Realm really trumps everything else that's been happening and yet to happen in Adelaide. It should set a benchmark for the DAC when reviewing proposals.

ChillyPhilly

#1165 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:31 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:37 am
Genuine skyscraper - check,
Exceptional design - check,
Quality materials used - check,
Ground activation - check,
Integration with heritage elements - check.

Realm really trumps everything else that's been happening and yet to happen in Adelaide. It should set a benchmark for the DAC when reviewing proposals.
Agree completely; however, it's not technically a skyscraper :wink: legally, a skyscraper is 150 metres and above. But...close enough for our standards!
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1166 Post by SRW » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:46 am

It's a shame it's taken a Melbourne firm to lift the design game for residential high rise. If they can do it, why do our local architects keep serving up mediocrity?
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nort

#1167 Post by Nort » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am

SRW wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:46 am
It's a shame it's taken a Melbourne firm to lift the design game for residential high rise. If they can do it, why do our local architects keep serving up mediocrity?
Most of the recent developments which are of disappointing quality are student accommodation, which by and large is made to be as cheap and efficient as possible. This is a premium residential development, marketing itself on its quality.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1168 Post by SRW » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Nort wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am
SRW wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:46 am
Most of the recent developments which are of disappointing quality are student accommodation, which by and large is made to be as cheap and efficient as possible. This is a premium residential development, marketing itself on its quality.
I'm aware and made the distinction. My point is that, so far, no other built or proposed residential high rise approaches this level of consideration. But I think it can be argued that good design doesn't have to be premium -- creativity should apply at any budget.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nathan

#1169 Post by Nathan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:42 pm

It's more likely the lower quality design is being dictated by local developers, not architects. You then get an annoying situation where because local architects keep being asked to do less adventurous work, when a developer does want something of a higher standard, they overlook all the locals and go interstate.

ChillyPhilly

[COM] Re: [U/C] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1170 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Nathan wrote:It's more likely the lower quality design is being dictated by local developers, not architects. You then get an annoying situation where because local architects keep being asked to do less adventurous work, when a developer does want something of a higher standard, they overlook all the locals and go interstate.
This, but also the methodology of 'highest and best use' applies.

This results in a lot more square and rectangular buildings: more leasable and saleable space etc.

You can easily try this yourself: pick a plot of land in the CBD, refer to the limitations and requirements set out in the ACC Development Plan, then get your costings from Rawlinson's Construction Guide.

Lifting height limits in the CBD makes highest and best use far easier to achieve.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.