[APP] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

[APP] Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#31 Post by Norman » Wed May 30, 2018 9:38 am

Decision on Theo Maras’ 54-metre, $32m CBD development deferred
Simeon Thomas-Wilson, Urban Affairs Reporter, The Advertiser
May 25, 2018 3:16pm

HIGH-PROFILE Adelaide property developer Theo Maras’ final project is edging closer to getting the green light, despite the State Commission Assessment Panel deferring its decision.

Mr Maras’ $32 million high-end development on the southeastern corner of Hutt St and East Tce was recommend to be approved at Thursday’s SCAP meeting.

But it was deferred for the panel to consider some additional information provided by the applicant.

Mr Maras has teamed up with long-time friend James Arsenikakis for the 38-apartment development.

The additional information concerned a small encroachment issue with the plan.

Mr Maras told the Advertiser he believed the project was progressing smoothly.

“I’m very happy with the process,” he said. “I think it has been very good and very open.”

The final development — and the first residential one — by Mr Maras will see him together with his wife Helen moving into the top-floor penthouse of the tower.

It lies just around the corner from the East End where he made his name.

At 53.9m, the tower far exceeds the maximum height of 22m prescribed for the Capital City Zone.

But in the agenda for the meeting, SCAP consultant planner David Barone said the height of the proposal was justified by its design and its relationship to the area.

Also deferred at the meeting was an application by Starfish Developments to turn six allotments into 353 at a prime Port Adelaide location.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 83b7a333e4

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#32 Post by rev » Wed May 30, 2018 10:32 am

I wonder what the hold up is for? What's the extra info they're gonna provide them?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#33 Post by Norman » Wed May 30, 2018 10:35 am

rev wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:32 am
I wonder what the hold up is for? What's the extra info they're gonna provide them?
The additional information concerned a small encroachment issue with the plan.

GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!

#34 Post by GrowAdelaide » Wed May 30, 2018 11:26 am

rev wrote:
There was a lot of neighbour resistance due to the impact on the little alleyway that runs between this and the more easterly building. In actual fact the project will lead to a widening of the lane, but also increased traffic. There were also concerns expressed about privacy and shadowing, which the developer covered off on in the proposal. My guess is they are going to provide some further clarity so as to further/completely placate the resistance.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#35 Post by rev » Wed May 30, 2018 2:18 pm

GrowAdelaide wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:26 am
rev wrote:
There was a lot of neighbour resistance due to the impact on the little alleyway that runs between this and the more easterly building. In actual fact the project will lead to a widening of the lane, but also increased traffic. There were also concerns expressed about privacy and shadowing, which the developer covered off on in the proposal. My guess is they are going to provide some further clarity so as to further/completely placate the resistance.
Ah, the locals. Some of the local residents in that little "quadrant" aren't particularly nice individuals, let me tell you. :mrgreen:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#36 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Not sure why but there is a new proposal just lodged.
Application Number: S10/35/2019
Type: Schedule 10
Lodged: 04/10/2019
Description: Construction of a sixteen (16) storey mixed use building

gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!

[APP] Re: 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#37 Post by gnrc_louis » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Hopefully it’s for the same plan and it’s going ahead - quite a good design imo.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#38 Post by Ben » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:11 am

Plans on public notification.

They look the same to me.

https://www.saplanningportal.sa.gov.au/ ... docs_2.pdf

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#39 Post by SRW » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 am

I can't identify it in the document, but I'm pretty sure the in/out access to the carpark has been changed -- I remember property owners along Cleo Lane were kicking up a stink (legitimately) about the reasonable functioning of their right of way. That was the hold up and reason for resubmission, I suspect. Being that Maras and family intend to live in this, hopefully it won't be too far off.
Keep Adelaide Weird

gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!

#40 Post by gnrc_louis » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Theo Maras lodges plans for apartment complex near Rymill Park
Celeste Villani, City Editor, The City
October 31, 2019 5:45pm
Subscriber only

A high-profile Adelaide developer wants to build a $27 million luxury apartment building overlooking Rymill Park as his “legacy” to Adelaide’s East End.

Rymill Park Apartments Pty Ltd – a collaboration between developer Theo Maras and James Arsenikakis – has lodged plans with the State Commission Assessment Panel for a 16-storey building with 38 apartments.

The development would crown Mr Maras’s career, which started in the 1970s, and continue his commitment to reviving the city’s East End.

“The design, the quality and everything about this project is high quality,” Mr Maras said.

“It is (my) long-term legacy.”

On the southeastern corner of Hutt St and East Tce, it would replace a two-level office building and include 56 parking spaces, a penthouse, conference room, common lounge and rooftop garden.

There would also be a cafe “more akin to a coffee/dessert bar than a restaurant in a traditional sense”.

Prices would range between $700,000 and about $4 million.

In a report to the panel, South Australian Government architect Kirsteen Mackay supported the applicant’s “aspiration” to deliver a high-quality residential development.

“The site’s key location within the City of Adelaide presents a rare opportunity and I am of the opinion that any development on this site has a responsibility to deliver a high benchmark for design,” she said.

Mr Maras has led the transformation of Adelaide’s East End and sits on the Eighty-Eight O’Connell Development Project Reference Group, an Adelaide City Council board.

His plans, originally deferred by the panel May 2018, are out for community consultation.

The State Commission Assessment Panel has been contacted for comment about when the plans will be assessed.