News & Developments: Port Adelaide

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
dingies1985
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#946 Post by dingies1985 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:24 pm

PeFe wrote:
TorrensSA wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:17 pm
What suburb is Fletchers Slip in? Google Maps shows it as being in New Port. The name New Port has a bad stigma from the last development. Are they going to link into Glanville train station at all, the last development failed on that point, right next to Ethelton Station and the station is hidden.
Well the website says "nestled between Port Adelaide and Semaphore".....why don't they be brave and just say "Port Adelaide". There is no longer the the 1950's-70's stigma there...you know run-down crime infested slaughter house pubs Port Adelaide......in fact i would say younger people would now associate the Port with a bit of "old world cool".
Are they going to link into Glanville train station at all, the last development failed on that point, right next to Ethelton Station and the station is hidden.
Oh my God where do you think you live?...Sydney?!!!

Of course not this is Adelaide, where the car is king, and public transport is hidden in the backstreets and kept as rundown as possible.....
Yeah Adelaide is being let down for sure. It's ironic that Adelaide wanted to be a green city or whatever it was, yet the public transport system is way behind other states. I am still waiting for the Gawler electrification. Sucks going to the footy, on an old,mouldy, train. What a let down, lost count how many years ago it was proposed. It really lets the state down. At least there are a few new tram extensions/obarn lines. The city loop is what we really needed, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SBD
Legendary Member!

#947 Post by SBD » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:56 am

PeFe wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Well the website says "nestled between Port Adelaide and Semaphore".....why don't they be brave and just say "Port Adelaide". There is no longer the the 1950's-70's stigma there...you know run-down crime infested slaughter house pubs Port Adelaide......in fact i would say younger people would now associate the Port with a bit of "old world cool".
They don't just say "Port Adelaide" because Fletcher's Slip is not in Port Adelaide, it's in New Port. If they say "New Port", it will stick, but if they stay with "Fletcher's Slip between Port Adelaide and Semaphore", then once there are a few houses there, they can push to have it declared a new suburb of Fletcher Slip (or something).

The housing estate of "Eyre at Penfield" become the suburb of Eyre once it had some houses built, Lightsview got created from parts of Northgate, Greenacres and Northfield, etc.

PeFe
Legendary Member!

#948 Post by PeFe » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Fletcher's Slip, New Port.......we can have a new suburb every 300 metres......thanks to developers not happy with the name of the area they are working in.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#949 Post by I Follow PAFC » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:58 pm

The roads and laneways at Dock One will carry the names of the ports of call of the former Orient Line steamer, which ferried goods and passengers between England and Australia from 1879 - 1909. The historical relevance includes that Dock One runs off Ocean Steamers Road!

The first road, Albany Lane, is already built. Look out for other port names as the development progresses...
https://www.facebook.com/dockone.portadelaide/
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#950 Post by I Follow PAFC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:33 am

Two-in-one puts Port Adelaide into $1m club
An edgy Port Adelaide townhouse has become the suburb’s first residential sale to achieve a price above $1 million and experts predict more big sales are on the horizon.

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/port ... ouse-sale/
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/