[APP] 75-79 King William Street | 132m | 39 Levels | Mixed

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
how good is he
Legendary Member!

[APP] Re: 75-79 King William Street | 132m | 39 Levels | Mixed

#196 Post by how good is he » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:15 pm

We know part of this will be a hotel so maybe they are just organising an operator first before they start. On that, what brands are left that we don’t have here or coming as yet? I’m thinking it could become a Sheraton, Shangri-la, Langham, Marriott, Ramada. Thoughts?

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#197 Post by Pikey » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 pm

I have heard that the hotel component here is intended to be a W hotel.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

CDJ
High Rise Poster!

#198 Post by CDJ » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:41 pm

Neko Neko Peko Peko wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:45 pm
I'm hoping this delay in starting this will mean the design will be revisited and this building will be bumped up in height to be Adelaide's tallest. I heard this will have an observation deck on the roof, and given the design and location of it, it seems it will have good design merit to be Adelaide's new tallest.

This could be wishful thinking but one can hope!
This would require change in the RTCC which is controlled by the Federal Government (CASA/Airservices). Heights for Realm, Adelaidean, 75 King William, 80 Currie and Central Market Arcade are all dictated by the RTCC, hence they are all nearly identical. The only difference in height between them relates to minor differences in ground level and minor differences in crane strategy.

CharlSx
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#199 Post by CharlSx » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:03 pm

CDJ wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:41 pm
Neko Neko Peko Peko wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:45 pm
I'm hoping this delay in starting this will mean the design will be revisited and this building will be bumped up in height to be Adelaide's tallest. I heard this will have an observation deck on the roof, and given the design and location of it, it seems it will have good design merit to be Adelaide's new tallest.

This could be wishful thinking but one can hope!
This would require change in the RTCC which is controlled by the Federal Government (CASA/Airservices). Heights for Realm, Adelaidean, 75 King William, 80 Currie and Central Market Arcade are all dictated by the RTCC, hence they are all nearly identical. The only difference in height between them relates to minor differences in ground level and minor differences in crane strategy.
I’ve seen you post the RTCC being lifted and there being a lot going on behind the scenes. Is there any sort of realistic time line for this or is it more so the question of how long is a piece of string.

If/when we see the RTCC lifted would you expect to see an influx of 150+ proposals made?

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#200 Post by how good is he » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:11 pm

I am curious when they build multi-storey airport hotels/buildings [basically metres from a runway], do they throw away the rule book or how do these get assessed ie only if not under any current or future flight path?

CDJ
High Rise Poster!

#201 Post by CDJ » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:52 pm

CharlSx wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:03 pm

I’ve seen you post the RTCC being lifted and there being a lot going on behind the scenes. Is there any sort of realistic time line for this or is it more so the question of how long is a piece of string.

If/when we see the RTCC lifted would you expect to see an influx of 150+ proposals made?
Timeframe is unclear, but discussions are progressing well. In the location of 75 King William, the PANS-OPS isn't much higher than RTCC. Adjustment to the RTCC would help a lot on the east side of the city, but have minimal effect on the west side where the PANS-OPS governs.

Given that all of the recent large developments have been built up to the RTCC and some (probably all) would have chosen to go taller if they could have, it is logical to assume that future developments will go taller if the RTCC is adjusted to allow it.