News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

#226 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:29 pm

PeFe wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:09 am
Yes its definitely a Ramada Hotel for Elizabeth.
From the Urban Developer
Ramada Hotel Set to Open in Adelaide

Work is set to begin in October on a $90 million hotel in Adelaide to complement an expected upsurge in population and jobs as the area experiences an infrastructure boom.

The 205-room hotel will be built at Playford Boulevard in central Elizabeth, one of the fastest growing areas in South Australia with the population expected to expand from 96,000 to 135,000 by 2036.

The hotel will operate under the Ramada franchise after an agreement between Wyndham Hotels & Resorts and land owner, Playford City Hotel Pty Ltd.

Wyndham, one of the world’s largest hotel franchising companies, owns 9,200 hotels across more than 80 countries.

The hotel giant's Ramada brand operates 850 hotels in more than 60 countries. The Playford development will become the first Ramada hotel in South Australia.

Facilities will include a swimming pool, gym, restaurant and sports bar, along with meeting and conference spaces.

“Playford is emerging as the gateway city to the northern regional areas of South Australia and the hotel will play a significant role in city’s ongoing expansion,” Wyndham Hotels managing director Joon Aun Ooi said.

“We are proud to have a hotel of this caliber as the first Ramada by Wyndham hotel for South Australia, reflecting the standards of excellence the brand is renowned for worldwide.”

The building has been designed by boutique South Australian-based architectural firm MPH with consulting and asset management services being provided by Hotellerie.

The hotel’s launch will coincide with a significant expansion of Playford’s infrastructure, including the $885 million Northern Connector expressway and a $40 million ice sport and recreation centre.

https://theurbandeveloper.com/articles/ ... %20Reading
The ice centre is not going ahead, they didn't check their facts on that one.
Also not the first time the Ramada's been in Adelaide - the Playford on North Tce was a Ramada until late 2005.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#227 Post by Eurostar » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm

Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store is closing at Elizabeth South. A new store is opening at Munno Para Shopping City.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#228 Post by Brucetiki » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm
Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store is closing at Elizabeth South. A new store is opening at Munno Para Shopping City.
Trying to think of where Rite Price will fit at Munno Para Shopping City.

I can't see Foodland, Kmart or Coles moving, which leaves Cheap as Chips, which I'd be surprised if they were moving. Unless they're taking over a block of shops in the mall.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#229 Post by SBD » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:58 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm
Trying to think of where Rite Price will fit at Munno Para Shopping City.

I can't see Foodland, Kmart or Coles moving, which leaves Cheap as Chips, which I'd be surprised if they were moving. Unless they're taking over a block of shops in the mall.
Would it have to be in the mall? There are vacant tenancies facing Main North Road next to the older Chemist Warehouse, and I think a large one near Harvey Norman too.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#230 Post by Eurostar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:23 pm

From Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store's Facebook page Image
Attachments
FB_IMG_1572933070111.jpg

SBD

#231 Post by SBD » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:23 pm
From Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store's Facebook page Image
Shop 95 is in the southeastern building next door to the big pharmacy (used to be Shoe Shed). The shop next to it is also vacant and used to be Anytime Fitness.

TorrensSA
High Rise Poster!

#232 Post by TorrensSA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Shop 95 at Munno Para seems tiny for Rite Price, shop 96 seems to be empty so maybe they will take up both https://www.munno.com.au/images/stores/ ... _flyer.pdf - it will be ver close to the other Rite Price (cooling) lol

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#233 Post by Ben » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 am

Does anyone know if work has started on the Ramada hotel?

ChillyPhilly

#234 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Ben wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 am
Does anyone know if work has started on the Ramada hotel?
Not as of a couple weeks ago, at least.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#235 Post by Eurostar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Fairland's Almond Grove in Munno Para West is nearly sold out. According to land sales list Brookmont in Andrews Farm is selling well too.

Seeing how Northern Connector opens to traffic soon this will most likely reduce traffic on Main North Road, do you think there will be more of Hillbank or possibly land releases in One Tree Hill or Uleybury?

ChillyPhilly

#236 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm
Fairland's Almond Grove in Munno Para West is nearly sold out. According to land sales list Brookmont in Andrews Farm is selling well too.

Seeing how Northern Connector opens to traffic soon this will most likely reduce traffic on Main North Road, do you think there will be more of Hillbank or possibly land releases in One Tree Hill or Uleybury?
Hopefully no more land releases; these areas are already too far from existing employment and services.

I also wonder how many of these dwellings were snapped up by interstate and overseas investors.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

SBD

#237 Post by SBD » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Eurostar wrote:

Hopefully no more land releases; these areas are already too far from existing employment and services.

I also wonder how many of these dwellings were snapped up by interstate and overseas investors.
How far is "too far", and what defines employment? Munno Para has the Playford Town Centre and Mark Oliphant College. There's a proposed new school in Angle Vale (and the existing Trinity College campus) and St Columba in Andrews Farm. A little further gets Gawler, market gardens and processing/packing around Virginia, manufacturing and warehouses around Edinburgh North and Edinburgh, Direk and Penfield, and there is more construction in most of those suburbs too. With the Northern Connector, it will only be half an hour to/from Osborne (by car but I doubt a tram would beat it if they built one).

Your hypothesis may be right if "employment" is only defined as working in a highrise building in the city centre, but it may be that people who define it that way don't buy houses in that area.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#238 Post by Eurostar » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:09 am

SBD wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Eurostar wrote:

How far is "too far", and what defines employment? Munno Para has the Playford Town Centre and Mark Oliphant College. There's a proposed new school in Angle Vale (and the existing Trinity College campus) and St Columba in Andrews Farm. A little further gets Gawler, market gardens and processing/packing around Virginia, manufacturing and warehouses around Edinburgh North and Edinburgh, Direk and Penfield, and there is more construction in most of those suburbs too. With the Northern Connector, it will only be half an hour to/from Osborne (by car but I doubt a tram would beat it if they built one).

Your hypothesis may be right if "employment" is only defined as working in a highrise building in the city centre, but it may be that people who define it that way don't buy houses in that area.
Either way I think Playford Alive should just be halted, sell the lands to a developer.

SBD

#239 Post by SBD » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 am

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:09 am
SBD wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:

Either way I think Playford Alive should just be halted, sell the lands to a developer.
Do you mean the urban renewal of ageing housing trust stock in Smithfield Plains and Davoren Park, or just the greenfield development at the northern end?

I'm not sure what the state gets out of being the developer for the greenfield area - perhaps a higher degree of control to charge sub-market rent to Woolworths or something? It still seems to charge market rates for other land. Even where they have flattened entire streets of old houses, it is effectively just a new housing estate. I'm not sure if they are doing big renovation jobs on many houses now, or if that was only a showcase "demonstration possibility" at the start.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#240 Post by Eurostar » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:35 am

I mean both. Many other land developments started recently and are doing well including Almond Grove, Brookmont and Blake's Crossing. One of the shopping centres like Smithfield Plains should of been redeveloped instead of building on Greenfields land.

The council depot near Womma Station should be sold and should be turned into mixed residential/retail site