[PRO] Westfield Marion (2019/20 Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

[PRO] Re: Westfield Marion (2019/20 Extension)

#751 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:20 am

mmosca447 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:16 pm
The massive redevelopment of Event Cinemas is now underway. Vmax cinemas currently being refitted along with a few others with the rest to follow. Gold Class and Candy Bar areas will also be completely gutted and rebuilt in the next year or two.
Well overdue, especially the smaller cinemas that have barely been touched since the cinema opened, and are quite outdated compared to...pretty much every other major cinema in Adelaide.

Especially as Event still charged premium prices for the older cinemas.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#752 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:28 am

Mpol02 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:34 am
I remember when they opened the cinemas at Marion over twenty years ago now? 25 year nearly? Was one of the biggest cinemas in the world at one point. I think it held that title briefly. Nice to see it getting upgraded
Yep - they opened in 1997, just in time for Titanic (which was the first movie I saw there).

It was equal largest in the world at the time, with 30 screens (tied with AMC Ontario Mills in California).

Even at 26 screens today it's still the largest cinema complex in Australia and one of the largest cinemas in the world.

Saltwater
High Rise Poster!

#753 Post by Saltwater » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:58 am

Uniqlo Marion "opening Autumn" confirmed on their FB. Good result for Adelaide to have two stores now, the city store is always busy anytime I'm there, and I hope do well at Marion.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#754 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:42 pm

Saltwater wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:58 am
Uniqlo Marion "opening Autumn" confirmed on their FB. Good result for Adelaide to have two stores now, the city store is always busy anytime I'm there, and I hope do well at Marion.
Based on the popularity of their Rundle Mall store, hopefully the Marion footprint is larger.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Nathan

#755 Post by Nathan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:34 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:42 pm
Saltwater wrote:
Based on the popularity of their Rundle Mall store, hopefully the Marion footprint is larger.
Yeah, the Rundle Mall store is way too small. Results in a smaller range, and an unusually cramped experience.

Llessur2002

#756 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:16 pm

Nathan wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:34 pm
Yeah, the Rundle Mall store is way too small. Results in a smaller range, and an unusually cramped experience.
I love Uniqlo but have only visited the CBD store once. The shopping experience was very cramped and frustrating and I'm in no particular rush to go back again.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#757 Post by SRW » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:45 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:16 pm
Nathan wrote:
I love Uniqlo but have only visited the CBD store once. The shopping experience was very cramped and frustrating and I'm in no particular rush to go back again.
Maybe once the Marion store is open they can reallocate staff and expand the city store. They could go double level into old Rebel space above.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#758 Post by Ben » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:14 am

The Marion store will be much larger than the CBD store at over 1000sqm.
Uniqlo to open second Adelaide store at Westfield Marion
Japanese fashion giant Uniqlo has revealed the location for its second Adelaide store, which will open in the coming months.

Giuseppe Tauriello

Japanese fashion giant Uniqlo will open a second Adelaide store at Westfield Marion later this year.

The new outlet, which is set to open its doors this autumn, will open around 18 months after the launch of Uniqlo’s first Adelaide store at the Myer Centre in Rundle Mall.

In a statement on Thursday, Uniqlo said the Marion store would become its biggest in Adelaide, with more than 1000sq m of sales floor area, located at the Diagonal Rd end of the shopping centre.

“Thanks to exceptional customer support since the arrival of our first Uniqlo store in the city, we are delighted to announce our second store here this autumn,” Uniqlo Australia chief executive Fuminori Adachi said.

“We are very grateful for the positive reception from all Adelaideans so far. At our Westfield Marion store, our team looks forward to making life more comfortable and convenient for local customers through our unique LifeWear range and customer service.”

Hundreds of customers lined Rundle Mall before the long-anticipated opening of Uniqlo’s first Adelaide store in the Myer Centre which opened in November 2022.

Previously, South Australians had to travel interstate to shop the Japanese lifewear brand.

Uniqlo, which was launched in Yamaguchi, Japan, in 1949, has more than 2400 stores globally and is known for its casual wear with a Japanese twist.

Known for puffer jackets, the global retailer also offers apparel with built-in technology such as UV-protection – and accessories to suit all ages at affordable prices.

Uniqlo said more details about its new Westfield Marion store would be announced soon.

mmosca447
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#759 Post by mmosca447 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:52 pm

Maybe my dream of Marion becoming the fashion capital of Adelaide will come true soon. Although I doubt it with the Burnside extension underway at the moment. I doubt the big designer brands would see much trade at Marion. It's a bit too suburban family rather than the richer vibe of Burnside.

ChillyPhilly

#760 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:22 pm

Nathan wrote:
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:42 pm
Saltwater wrote:
Also horrible for people using mobility aids.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#761 Post by pushbutton » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

mmosca447 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:16 pm
The massive redevelopment of Event Cinemas is now underway. Vmax cinemas currently being refitted along with a few others with the rest to follow. Gold Class and Candy Bar areas will also be completely gutted and rebuilt in the next year or two.
Hopefully we'll get a 4DX cinema as part of the refurbishment, especially now that Hoyts have beaten Event to it with their own version at Tea Tree Plaza (called Dbox).

Be nice if they also match Hoyts with all reclining seats in every cinema.

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#762 Post by AndyWelsh » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:02 pm

Saltwater wrote:Uniqlo Marion "opening Autumn" confirmed on their FB. Good result for Adelaide to have two stores now, the city store is always busy anytime I'm there, and I hope do well at Marion.
Got the hoardings up next to David Jones now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk