The Exclusive Brethren

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The Exclusive Brethren

#16 Post by Howie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:22 am

Today Tonight look at the Exclusive Brethren

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#17 Post by Ho Really » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:08 am

Hi everyone, my first visit back after a month or so leave from forums. Wanted to make a short comment on these guys. Many of their principles are Christian, but they are definitely unorthodox and can be considered a cult. Some of the reasons why they're backing the Liberals in elections are based on Christian principles, but the real reason is they believe Liberal policy will expediate the second-coming of Christ. This is a fact. Ask them.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#18 Post by Diamond » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:43 am

Ho Really wrote:...but the real reason is they believe Liberal policy will expediate the second-coming of Christ. This is a fact. Ask them.

Cheers
Care to elaborate? (I'm not going to ask any brethrens lol :x )
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

Ho Really

#19 Post by Ho Really » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:56 am

Diamond wrote:
Ho Really wrote:...but the real reason is they believe Liberal policy will expediate the second-coming of Christ. This is a fact. Ask them.

Cheers
I remember a current affairs program in a previous Federal Election (probably the last one we had) mention this. One of their leaders said it. From memory I think they were alluding to foreign policy. Our stance in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and a few other places (probably also North Korea). There could be other policies, I'm not sure, but Israel is the central point of all prophecy.

Cheers

Ho Really

#20 Post by Ho Really » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:01 am

Diamond, Vladimir Putin is also a possbile candidate in that prophecy.

Cheers

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#21 Post by Diamond » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:25 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Diamond wrote:

Cheers
I remember a current affairs program in a previous Federal Election (probably the last one we had) mention this. One of their leaders said it. From memory I think they were alluding to foreign policy. Our stance in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and a few other places (probably also North Korea). There could be other policies, I'm not sure, but Israel is the central point of all prophecy.

Cheers
Yes I see what you're getting at.

Cheers
Last edited by Diamond on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#22 Post by Will » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:28 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Diamond wrote:

Cheers

Cheers
The prophecy is that Russia and Iran will invade Israel, and the US and its allies (Australia) will defend Israel. The battle will take place in the field of Armaggedon. When the war is taking place, according to these sects Jesus will make his return to earth; the second coming. This is the central belief of many such cults, and evangelical Christians. That is why such Christian sects have an intense love for Israel.

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

#23 Post by Al » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:53 pm

I thought Christians and Jews had different points of view (Mel Gibson?) and didn't particularly like each other.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#24 Post by Cruise » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:03 pm

Al wrote:I thought Christians and Jews had different points of view (Mel Gibson?) and didn't particularly like each other.
they have a different view of Christ.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#25 Post by Will » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:13 pm

Al wrote:I thought Christians and Jews had different points of view (Mel Gibson?) and didn't particularly like each other.
The evangelical and Christian sects are the ones that have an intense love for Israel. These days mainstream Christians and Jews are relatively neutral to each other, however in the past, Christians did not like Jews very much because they were partly responsible for the murder of Jesus. However as people have entered a new era, where religion is not taken as seriously the majority of mainstream Christians have seen how silly it is to blame the Jews of today for actions that took place 2000 years ago.

Ho Really

#26 Post by Ho Really » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:50 am

Will wrote:The prophecy is that Russia and Iran will invade Israel, and the US and its allies (Australia) will defend Israel. The battle will take place in the field of Armaggedon. When the war is taking place, according to these sects Jesus will make his return to earth; the second coming. This is the central belief of many such cults, and evangelical Christians. That is why such Christian sects have an intense love for Israel.
That's interesting you know this. This one theory. It is also possible that Russia may not ally with Iran or a coalition of other Muslim countries. Remember most Russians are Orthodox Christians and not all will see eye-to-eye with a Muslim ally.

Cheers

Ho Really

#27 Post by Ho Really » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:03 am

Mel Gibson is an old-style conservative Catholic who believes in Latin masses and Mary as a co-redemptrix. There are many Catholics that have his same point of view, but most Christians of the Protestant faith (Evangelicals etc.,) don't, as Will pointed out.

Cheers

Ho Really

#28 Post by Ho Really » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:09 am

Will wrote:The evangelical and Christian sects are the ones that have an intense love for Israel. These days mainstream Christians and Jews are relatively neutral to each other, however in the past, Christians did not like Jews very much because they were partly responsible for the murder of Jesus. However as people have entered a new era, where religion is not taken as seriously the majority of mainstream Christians have seen how silly it is to blame the Jews of today for actions that took place 2000 years ago.
Not just that, but more importantly people now can study the scriptures and know the truth and not be kept in the dark by a monolith church (read Rome).

Cheers

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#29 Post by Will » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Will wrote:The prophecy is that Russia and Iran will invade Israel, and the US and its allies (Australia) will defend Israel. The battle will take place in the field of Armaggedon. When the war is taking place, according to these sects Jesus will make his return to earth; the second coming. This is the central belief of many such cults, and evangelical Christians. That is why such Christian sects have an intense love for Israel.
That's interesting you know this. This one theory. It is also possible that Russia may not ally with Iran or a coalition of other Muslim countries. Remember most Russians are Orthodox Christians and not all will see eye-to-eye with a Muslim ally.

Cheers
I don't think any of this will happen. I was simply mentioning the prediction, which if you ask me is ridiculous and fantasy.

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#30 Post by bmw boy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:28 pm

you don't think it will happen Will?

The current climate certainly seems to suggest its a possibility. Coincidence or something more, from a book written 2000 years ago?

You have Mahmoud Ahmadinejad president of Iran, calling on the destructioon of Israel and attempting to build his Nuclear Weapon with no signs of backing down.

Russia's ties with the US are becomming more unstable and Russia has voiced support for Iran in its attempt to produce Nuclear 'energy'.

Obviously The USA, Australia etc will side with Israel.