Introduction Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Introduction Thread

#61 Post by Wayno » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Shuz wrote:Never heard of the DNA. (unless you're talking about human DNA?) I'm lost.
It's the National Dyslexics Association :lol:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#62 Post by Shuz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Oh right. Well, I'm not part of that. Strange that someone would think I'm dyslexic, considering a lot of people have in my lifetime commented on my articulate spelling and grammatical abilities.

At first I thought you were speaking of the gay men's magazine. But erm, well I didn't want to say that then. Lol.

Oh, I'm so going to going to print that photo and plaster it onto my wall as wallpaper now. That's just the darndest coolest idea.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#63 Post by Omicron » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Shuz wrote:Oh right. Well, I'm not part of that. Strange that someone would think I'm dyslexic, considering a lot of people have in my lifetime commented on my articulate spelling and grammatical abilities.

At first I thought you were speaking of the gay men's magazine. But erm, well I didn't want to say that then. Lol.

Oh, I'm so going to going to print that photo and plaster it onto my wall as wallpaper now. That's just the darndest coolest idea.
Ooh, wallpaper Warhol-style!

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#64 Post by Norman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Remind me never to go to your house.

Hippodamus
High Rise Poster!

#65 Post by Hippodamus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:38 pm

a belated introductory..

my name is Kosta. I'm a 25 year old town planner / project manager, born and bred Adelaidean although now i live and work in the UAE's capital, Abu Dhabi as a planner on major development projects for the city. Hippodamus is my membership name because he was the first town planner in the world; who was from Miletus (Greece) and planned the cities of Piraeus (now the bustling port of Athens) and the old town of Rhodes. I am also Greek and a town planner, hence the reason for the name.

i love Adelaide, and I am passionate about the city i grew up in and have a common interest with other SA members as I believe in our city and want to see growth stimulated particularly from a jobs, development and lifestyle front. I believe Adelaide has potential to one day become the world's most livable city. We're still a fair way away from achieving this, but not too far off either. With the right leadership, a burgeoning economy and a reform to legislation; I believe we may reach this goal one day in the not too distant future.

although i live overseas now, i plan to one day return home to Adelaide. in my opinion, it is the most livable city in the world, and arguably the best place to live (although I am probably biased) ;)

Düsseldorfer
High Rise Poster!

#66 Post by Düsseldorfer » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 am

ok, i guess i can introduce myself too :P

my names Tobi, M, i'm 24, and i was born and raised here in Adelaide, and after i finished school in 2002 i moved overseas to Europe where i lived in the city of Lyon, France for 3 years, of course this was all paid for by my parents. Six months after arriving in France i got my European citizenship, In Lyon i studied Architecture and Design at university and learnt French. In the summer (winter in Australia) of 2005 i moved over to Dusseldorf, Germany where i got a job with an Architecture firm, i was involved in many local projects and because i could speak English, French and German i was one of their international consultants on projects in France, the UK, the US and Australia.

I was in Dusseldorf until the middle of last year when i was offered a position in the US, i actually turned that position down (cause i hate America :x ) and took on a brief job in China (did not like it there either :| ) and quickly returned home to Adelaide and i have been working in IT and Communications, and living in Mawson Lakes..I guess i haven't made the decision yet whether or not to stay here or to return to Europe. At first it was amazing how much Adelaide had changed when i got back, people i went to school with all those years ago have changed heaps too. To be quite honest, this is a city that i found hard to miss when i was living in France and Germany, things have improved like it feels a bit more like a city now, somethings haven't changed (the trains :evil:) but yeah lots of new buildings, Rundle Mall and the Central markets seem a lot more alive, beachside suburbs like Glenelg have changed so much that i almost didn't recognize it when i took a trip down there on a "new" tram.

I'm considering buying/renting an Apartment in the city which would mean i could sell my little VW Golf which i keep in a Parkhaus (car park) in town just if i can't rely on Public transport to get home or if i have to go somewhere that trains don't, but i hardly ever drive, i think the last time i did was to drive a bunch of friends upto Hahndorf on a sunday, that was like 3 months ago :P. Apart from Adelaide my second home Dusseldorf is also pretty cool, i miss the food, the bier lol, the nightlife, the Jägermeister , the people and Die Bahn. Funny thing, i met some kid who was on exchange in Dusseldorf last year and yeah got to talk to somebody who understands how cool that place is, sigh. But Adelaide is slowly getting better, and from what i've seen on this forum the best is yet to come.

anyway thats enuf from me

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#67 Post by Wayno » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:15 am

hippodamus & dusseldorfer, thanks for sharing. Always good to know someone beyond their avator and posts...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#68 Post by Cruise » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Düsseldorfer wrote: (cause i hate America :x )
Um, Why?

Somebody
High Rise Poster!

#69 Post by Somebody » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 pm

People from SkyscraperCity may recognise me as being everybody's favorite railway gauge over there! :mrgreen:
The Gold Coast - Australia's centre for insipid, tacky & boring.

Will409
Legendary Member!

#70 Post by Will409 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:45 pm

Somebody wrote:People from SkyscraperCity may recognise me as being everybody's favorite railway gauge over there! :mrgreen:
Yeesh, didn't think you had made it here as well mate! Look at the last 3 digits of my user name and it should all fall into place with you.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

Düsseldorfer
High Rise Poster!

#71 Post by Düsseldorfer » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Cruise wrote:
Düsseldorfer wrote: (cause i hate America :x )
Um, Why?
Um, why not? :P

actually i kno some american's and they are nice enuf...its just their security issues :roll: and their president...and the whole terrorism thing

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#72 Post by Joely » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi all. I guess it's my turn to introduce myself. My name's Joel, I'm 20 years old and I'm a part of the the Hilton Hospitality Program of Australia. I'm predomintely a part time bell attendant at the Hilton Adelaide but I'm occassionally transferred to Brisbane once or twice a year to partake in a hospitality program run at the Brisbane Hilton. It's my dream to one day own and manage a hotel of my own, hopefully in Adelaide :mrgreen:.

I live in Rosslyn Park in the estate behind Penfolds Winery and no we aren't wealthy at all, so I really don't know what I'm doing here living amongst all these sour snobby people. I drive a 1992 Nissan Maxima which unfortunately hates me. It's up for sale actually if anyone is interested (you won't be interested, it's a piece of crap).

I'm particularly eager to learn about new developments occuring in both Adelaide and Brisbane and I long for the day Adelaide has devlopment occuring at the same pace and on the same scale as Brisbane is currently experiencing. I'm confident that day will come sometime in the not too distant future.

Will409
Legendary Member!

#73 Post by Will409 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:04 pm

What's wrong with your set of wheels exactly?
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#74 Post by Howie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 pm

Joely wrote:I drive a 1992 Nissan Maxima which unfortunately hates me. It's up for sale actually if anyone is interested (you won't be interested, it's a piece of crap).
Haha.. I love your honesty mate :)

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#75 Post by Omicron » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:19 pm

Joely wrote:Hi all. I guess it's my turn to introduce myself. My name's Joel, I'm 20 years old and I'm a part of the the Hilton Hospitality Program of Australia. I'm predomintely a part time bell attendant at the Hilton Adelaide but I'm occassionally transferred to Brisbane once or twice a year to partake in a hospitality program run at the Brisbane Hilton. It's my dream to one day own and manage a hotel of my own, hopefully in Adelaide :mrgreen:.

I live in Rosslyn Park in the estate behind Penfolds Winery and no we aren't wealthy at all, so I really don't know what I'm doing here living amongst all these sour snobby people. I drive a 1992 Nissan Maxima which unfortunately hates me. It's up for sale actually if anyone is interested (you won't be interested, it's a piece of crap).

I'm particularly eager to learn about new developments occuring in both Adelaide and Brisbane and I long for the day Adelaide has devlopment occuring at the same pace and on the same scale as Brisbane is currently experiencing. I'm confident that day will come sometime in the not too distant future.
Have you the Ti model, with its amusing-for-five-seconds keypad entry system?