#VIS: Inner-City Stadium/Riverbank Precinct

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: #Vision: New Inner-City Stadium

#481 Post by Norman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:51 pm

A new light rail to AAMI will probably increase prices. And if it doesn't then that's even worse as that means the whole of SA is paying for somethign that only about 70,000 people use fortnightly. I doubt solely the government will pay for this.
Umm, it's a light rail to West Lakes, a high density area, not just to AAMI Stadium.

thechap
High Rise Poster!

Re: #Vision: New Inner-City Stadium

#482 Post by thechap » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:30 am

Tyler_Durden wrote: The Crows are top 5 in Key "effort" statistics such as tackles and contested possessions and have developed a league wide reputation as being a committed side.
I'm not talking about key effort statistics - I'm not saying they don't try, I'm saying they are passionless and don't fight hard when games are on the line.
Tyler_Durden wrote: Anyway, I see no need to continue this line of arguing as this has definitely ventured off topic but I did notice the irony in someone questioning the desire of the Crows in the same post as complaining that travelling to West Lakes takes too much effort. :lol:

I hope bagging your team's effort makes you feel better.
I live in Golden Grove. West Lakes is a damn long way away for me, free public transport or not. All I was saying was that your point that if people aren't going to go to AAMI, then they won't go anywhere is not true. A city location is central and will attract more patronage. End of story.
"The Beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair." - Relient K

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: #VIS: Inner-City Stadium/Riverbank Precinct

#483 Post by cruel_world00 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:51 pm

AAMI Stadium can get fucked. For all those people who think an inner city ground would be a bad thing, check out the crowd at a FRIDAY NIGHT match between COLLINGWOOD and PORT. ABYSMAL.

In Adelaide's lovely winter weather I'm sure a roof wouldn't go astray.

Fuck off AAMI.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#484 Post by crawf » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:03 pm

AAMI is shit, though tonights poor crowd would be thanks to Ports poor performance this year.

I bet if we had a city stadium crowd numbers would still be low.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#485 Post by cruel_world00 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:29 pm

crawf wrote:AAMI is shit, though tonights poor crowd would be thanks to Ports poor performance this year.

I bet if we had a city stadium crowd numbers would still be low.

If we had an inner city stadium, I would have been there tonight. Regardless of port's performance (I am an avid Crows supporter/port hater) I would have mosied down from Uni to check out a friday night clash with collingwood. Adelaide = The lack of vision state.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#486 Post by Paulns » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:51 pm

Yep I would of been there too..... Not at AAMI in this weather though.
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#487 Post by Just build it » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm another who would have attended the match tonight if we had a 'Telstra Dome' next to the CBD. Not a Port supporter but would have gone anyway. Like many others though I despise the 1980's experience and shit weather at AAMI Stadium with a passion and it's a PITA to travel out to West Lakes if I'm already in the city and don't want to drive.

The SANFL are holding this city by the balls and it's a disgrace that our Government allows that to happen and not only allows it but fully supports it. The 'we can't afford it' excuse is the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. SA is perfectly placed to start planning it right now.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#488 Post by cruel_world00 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:03 pm

Just build it wrote:I'm another who would have attended the match tonight if we had a 'Telstra Dome' next to the CBD. Not a Port supporter but would have gone anyway. Like many others though I despise the 1980's experience and shit weather at AAMI Stadium with a passion and it's a PITA to travel out to West Lakes if I'm already in the city and don't want to drive.

The SANFL are holding this city by the balls and it's a disgrace that our Government allows that to happen and not only allows it but fully supports it. The 'we can't afford it' excuse is the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. SA is perfectly placed to start planning it right now.

Exactly...noone is saying ..."BUILD IT NOW"...we just want to know that AAMI is for the time being and that something else is around the corner and being planned for. I would start going back to AAMI if I knew that my tickets had funds going into building a new stadium.

Another thing, the SANFL mentioned early this year that they were open to the idea of moving to the city...then then someone in the govt would have told them that they would get $100mill to stay put, so ofcourse they backed down a week later. Thank you SA/RANN

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#489 Post by Cruise » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:13 pm

It was live on FTA TV, Did you take that into your arguement?

And if you think if we had an inner city stadium 10,000 extra people would just drop in from lala land to go watch the footy?

you know that thing called reality? you should all try and get a grip with it.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#490 Post by cruel_world00 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Cruise wrote:It was live on FTA TV, Did you take that into your arguement?

And if you think if we had an inner city stadium 10,000 extra people would just drop from lala land to go watch the footy?

Why go anywhere if its live on TV?

The crowd wouldn't be any worse than our current situation. If anything it would be better. I guess that is all you could really hope for. I'm not saying it's a miracle crowd filler, but still it wouldn't be worse than AAMI.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#491 Post by Just build it » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:35 pm

And if you think if we had an inner city stadium 10,000 extra people would just drop in from lala land to go watch the footy?

I don't give a rats arse if it's on FTA or not. Port and the AFL only missed out on my $30 ticket tonight because I won't go to AAMI. That's the reality whether you like it or not. Get it?

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#492 Post by cruel_world00 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:39 pm

Just build it wrote:

I don't give a rats arse if it's on FTA or not. Port and the AFL only missed out on my $30 ticket tonight because I won't go to AAMI. That's the reality whether you like it or not. Get it?

Quoted for truth.

Crisp
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#493 Post by Crisp » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:49 pm

I agree - I would have also gone to the game tonight if it were in the city. On quite a few Friday nights it would have been great to have a meal in one of the many Pubs in the CBD after work then stroll down to City West to watch the game. As it is - forget it.

I would be happy to pay a combined Ultimate Membership for a City Stadium.

One stadium - Multi Puorose - AFL & A League - City West.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#494 Post by jk1237 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:50 pm

I just got back from Antarctic Park, and didnt notice what the crowd figure was. I must have been rolling my eyes too much at another handball missing the player. Anyone know what it was?

Cruise Ive changed my mind and Im gonna have to disagree. If we had an inner city stadium, and extra 5000 min would turn up at each game, as it would be an 'event'. AFL Port home games at AAMI are now just like old Port magpies home games at Alberton. Only the diehard supporters bother going anymore.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#495 Post by cruel_world00 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:55 pm

jk1237 wrote:I just got back from Antarctic Park, and didnt notice what the crowd figure was. I must have been rolling my eyes too much at another handball missing the player. Anyone know what it was?
22 a side.... craig and malthouse....and you....that makes 47.