Victoria Park

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

Victoria Park

#1 Post by adam_stuckey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Hello i walk through vic park almost every day and this just seemed very obvious to me. I realise that the quality isn't very good i just did this on my computer with paint. But i would love to hear what other people thought. I'm no racetrack expert so i expect that the track will probably be different if this became a reality.
Attachments
racecourse.jpg
racecourse.jpg (133.84 KiB) Viewed 7806 times
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Victoria Park

#2 Post by Norman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:58 pm

It's a bit short...

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3 Post by frank1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:07 pm

Norman wrote:It's a bit short...
Not only that, you loose the street circut, which is the reason why adelaide races are so good.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4 Post by cruel_world00 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 pm

Plus concert is spelt wrong.

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#5 Post by adam_stuckey » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 am

The Adelaide City Council has realise their vision for Victoira park on their website go and have your say otherwise only city residents who just wanna walk their dogs around the park will. Then we'll have another Adelaide "icon" that no one likes.

The Address is http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/victoriapark

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by Wayno » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 pm

adam_stuckey wrote:The Adelaide City Council has realise their vision for Victoira park on their website go and have your say otherwise only city residents who just wanna walk their dogs around the park will. Then we'll have another Adelaide "icon" that no one likes.

The Address is http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/victoriapark
yes - good point, recommend S-A members spend 5mins to give the ACC feedback and make a difference. No use just posting your opinions on our own website (aka 'preaching to the choir' :-))
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#7 Post by Paulns » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:24 pm

I saw this story about the potential for Horse Racing to return to Victoria Park once again. I for one are 100% behind the government on this one providing the go ahead with the original proposal to build a permanent grand stand for both Horse and Motor Racing! On one side you have Leon Bignell and the government saying there is community support for horse racing back in the city and on the other there's a few Adelaide City Councellors who beg to differ? Thoughts? Who's right? I believe from the people that I speak to that there's still huge support for it and the recent Adelaide Oval redevelopment is proof that if you build it, they will come! (Into the city).
https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/video/watc ... val/#page1
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (116.73 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".