What's Happening in Adelaide

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: What's Happening in Adelaide

#16 Post by Wayno » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Carrick Hill is having a french festival weekend on Nov 15-16. I'll be there! good food, wine, music, and the lovely carrick hill grounds...

http://www.frenchfestival.org.au/
carrick.JPG
carrick.JPG (19.55 KiB) Viewed 4607 times
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#17 Post by jk1237 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:28 pm

I actually went tonight. Now that I remember, I did notice someone near the front with a video camera, sitting near that Greens lady. Was that you Norman?
Well although it went for almost an hour and a half, I wish it went for longer and had more speakers. It was very interesting, and I would love if they had more of these lectures. Aparently there will be another planning seminar in March.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#18 Post by Norman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:38 pm

jk1237 wrote:I actually went tonight. Now that I remember, I did notice someone near the front with a video camera, sitting near that Greens lady. Was that you Norman?
Well although it went for almost an hour and a half, I wish it went for longer and had more speakers. It was very interesting, and I would love if they had more of these lectures. Aparently there will be another planning seminar in March.
Yeah that was me. She's a Democrat by the way, and said she heard of Sensational-Adelaide, but never visited. Word must be getting around to the heads of state about us :)

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#19 Post by Wayno » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:48 pm

November is a good month for getting out and about...

http://city-messenger.whereilive.com.au ... ride-boom/
Adelaide events ride boom

MOVE over Mad March, Mad November is the new boom month for events in Adelaide.

The city is buzzing with major events such as the Classic Adelaide and Australian International 3-Day Event; festivals including the Feast Festival, Adelaide International Guitar Festival and the Shorts Film Festival; and sporting events such as the Adelaide United final and traditional Adelaide Oval Test match.

SA Tourism Commission CEO Andrew McEvoy said the January to March period was full to the brim with events and organisers were increasingly utilising the quieter spring time.

The Christmas Pageant attracted up to 350,000 people to the city streets on Saturday (November 8), unofficially kicking-off the month’s festivities.

“November is becoming the new March,” Mr McEvoy said.

“We’ve certainly thought that our February/March is pretty well catered for: January is strong now, and the September through to November period is a beautiful time to be in Adelaide, so we’ve targeted that,” Mr McEvoy said.

The Adelaide International 3-Day Event returns to the east parklands from tomorrow (November 14) followed by the Classic Adelaide from next Wednesday (November 19).

Mr McEvoy said November was the perfect time for events, after the football season but before the Christmas rush, with pleasant, springtime weather. “I think there’s even more room for events in September to November, after that people are really into their Christmas and New Year.”

Mr McEvoy said the Tourism Commission would gauge the success of this month’s events and consider packaging them together in promotions next year.

“We’ll have a really good look at, ‘Springtime in Adelaide’, or some sort of collective view for September through to November.”

Mr McEvoy said the busy month had come at a perfect time for city hotels, with fewer corporates travelling to Adelaide amid the economic downturn.

He said local events also provided affordable entertainment for South Australians feeling the pinch.

“There is a global economic crisis at the moment and I think at these times, people do want to be uplifted and events do help you do that, Adelaide has been incredibly good at keeping costs affordable.”
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#20 Post by monotonehell » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Adelaide was incredibly busy tonight - not sure if it was just the post Soccer stuff, but lwr NE road was like peak hour traffic at 10pm. The day's heat also meant that the cafe` and pub districts were thronging. Love the Lantern :)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#21 Post by SRW » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:36 pm

I wish it were still called Adelaide International Horse Trials...

Reminder that the French Festival is on both days this weekend at Carrick Hill, while the Feast Festival launches this Saturday evening with a march through the East End and opening party at Adelaide Uni.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#22 Post by Norman » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:22 am

monotonehell wrote:Adelaide was incredibly busy tonight - not sure if it was just the post Soccer stuff, but lwr NE road was like peak hour traffic at 10pm. The day's heat also meant that the cafe` and pub districts were thronging. Love the Lantern :)
Probably soccer plus the delays faced by that city stabbing today.

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#23 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Art at The Hart and Celtica Festival - Harts Mill, Port Adelaide

This week the Port will be home to the Artists’ Market of original SA based visual arts and crafts, Art at The Hart, and
the beautiful and rich Celtic influenced Festival of music, dance and arts, Celtica Festival.

Where: Waterfront promenade in front of the Port Adelaide TAFE (between the Birkenhead Bridge and Harts Mill, Mundy Street. Port Adelaide
When: 11am – 6pm. on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 December.
Cost: free entry and plenty of free parking nearby

http://www.artatthehart.com.au/location.html

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#24 Post by Wayno » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:50 pm

The schutzenfest is on at bonython park this Fri/Sat - kransky's are soo yummm...
homer_beer.jpg
homer_beer.jpg (38.5 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
Friday (January 9) from 4pm to midnight and Saturday (January 10) from noon to midnight at Bonython Park.

Adults $15, children under 14 free.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#25 Post by jk1237 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Couldn't make it to the shitzenface this year caus I had a wedding to go to yesterday.

Very interesting couple of weeks coming up with Lance mania. Aparently there are hundreds of hundreds of international media coming over, plus 10,000+ Victorian cycle mad visitors arriving. Should be good. The opening 'charity' race around the East End parklands next Sunday will get over 100,000 I reckon. Usually gets about 60,000 so I would say Lance will bring huge crowds out. Saw an article in one of the Melbourne newspapers who were worried that Adelaide will take the limelight off the Australian Tennis Open because of the Lance Armstrong hype - well hahaha Victorians. I'll be there with me camera I think

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#26 Post by crawf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:54 am

Aww poor Melbourne :D

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#27 Post by Paulns » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:51 am

Finally Adelaide might get one back on Melbourne?! But then again if history's anything to go by, we'd better watch out because sooner or later Victoria will do a swifty and pull the event right out from under us.....
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#28 Post by Wayno » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 am

Leconfield winery at McLaren Vale is hosting Leonard Cohen, Paul Kelly, Auge March "on the lawn" Jan 26. $129 per ticket

http://guides.news.com.au/adelaidenow/m ... /?56277522

i'll be there....

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#29 Post by Wayno » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 am

and now for something completely different...

The Maslins Beach Nude Olympics are on Jan 18. BYO sun tan lotion :lol:

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#30 Post by Cruise » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:36 pm

Last saturday Cruise got shit zen faced