[COM] Conservatory on Hindmarsh | 62m | 18lvls | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: #U/C: Conservatory on Hindmarsh | 62m | 18lvls | Mixed Use

#571 Post by peas_and_corn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 pm

crawf wrote:This looks fantastic in real life
+1 on this one. Whenever I go into the city (which admittedly isn't very often), I always like to have a look at the building as I go past it on the bus.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#572 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:51 pm

The small heritage building next to COHS is in today's paper seeking a lease for a boutique bar / restaurant.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#573 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:51 pm

The small heritage building next to COHS is in today's paper seeking a lease for a boutique bar / restaurant.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#574 Post by Shuz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Perfect use of the old building! I really, really hope they can have a rooftop bar as well. That blank wall of the hotel next door could be put to good use as a movie screen, light show? Maybe I'm just dreaming.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#575 Post by monotonehell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Shuz wrote:Perfect use of the old building! I really, really hope they can have a rooftop bar as well. That blank wall of the hotel next door could be put to good use as a movie screen, light show? Maybe I'm just dreaming.
Only if they rebuild the upper levels. It's currently a gabled corrugated iron roof.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#576 Post by AtD » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:33 am

In today's AFR, p57. All commercial space in this building has been leased to the Dept. of Trade and Economic Development.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#577 Post by jk1237 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Was attempting to do a little photo round this afternoon but the battery ran out after a few shots. This is the only one. Sun was at a strange angle

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#578 Post by UrbanSG » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks for the great shot jki237. I have had that happen a few times too on photo rounds, hate it when the batteries run out only one or two shots in, arggghhhh.

By the way that looks like the solar panels down the middle section of the northern facade (apartment levels). If they are, very nice. The only thing I don't like about this one is the white paint. I think it would have looked better in darker grey shades. Only a small complaint though, overall it is a very nice addition to the square.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#579 Post by Shuz » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:10 am

That's the best photo of CoH! Very impressive.

RiseHigh
High Rise Poster!

#580 Post by RiseHigh » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Those little lookout boxes on the roof are the BBQ area for the penthouses very nice view

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#581 Post by monotonehell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 pm

The internal fitout seems to be coming along, I can see fluros and ceiling panels on some levels, and the ground floor glazing and lift lobby area is taking shape.

Still not a fan of the car park levels with the louvres, and the corrugated steel water tanks. Looks a bit .. something.
But the upper levels are looking schmick.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#582 Post by Omicron » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:31 am

I went past on the bus this evening, and it's the first time I've seen the building at night.

Carpark levels: Problem. You can see straight through the damn things, which means barren concrete walls, exposed fluorescent tubes, pipes, and all sorts of sad things lit up for all and sundry to see.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#583 Post by AtD » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:52 am

Omicron wrote:I went past on the bus this evening, and it's the first time I've seen the building at night.

Carpark levels: Problem. You can see straight through the damn things, which means barren concrete walls, exposed fluorescent tubes, pipes, and all sorts of sad things lit up for all and sundry to see.
Damn :( I was worried that'd happen. They shouldn't have used glass, IMO. The lower facade spoils this building.

This makes a good opportunity for a render v. reality comparison:

I think we got exactly what was advertised this time. The finishes on the balcony railings aren't as clean as in the render.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#584 Post by skyliner » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:45 pm

AtD wrote:
Omicron wrote:I went past on the bus this evening, and it's the first time I've seen the building at night.

Damn :( I was worried that'd happen. They shouldn't have used glass, IMO. The lower facade spoils this building.

This makes a good opportunity for a render v. reality comparison:

I think we got exactly what was advertised this time. The finishes on the balcony railings aren't as clean as in the render.
That carpark (esp. at night) is a blight on an otherwise attractive bldg. I greatly dislike that cavernous look - has an appearance of being semi complete.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#585 Post by adam73837 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Omicron wrote:I think we got exactly what was advertised this time.
Yes! I totally agree. Whenever we go past the Conservatory, I look up at it and I say to myself: "My god, this looks so much like the render!" which comes as a welcome change to not getting what we originally thought. For example, I don't know if it's just me, but I think that the Aurora on Pirie won't fit its renders. I don't know why, maybe it's the fact that the green glass is so much more different to the blue-ish one that they showed in the renders... :? Anyways, once again, the Conservatory has come up really well, let's hope that the Crowne Plaza and the Apartment building next to it also come up as promised! Well Done... Urban Construct is it? :?: :?
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)