[CAN] Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #APP: Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

#781 Post by Howie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Boy that was quick. Okay, let's lock it again.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#782 Post by Will » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:45 pm

I was having a browse of the Azure Property Group website: http://www.azureproperty.com.au/, whereby it appears that there are 65 apartments still availbale for purchase in this building. Taking into account that the building has 109 apartments in total, this implies that 44 apartments have been sold, including the top-floor penthouse. This is not bad, considering the almost non-existant marketing surrounding this development.

If anyone os interested in buying into Spire:

http://www.inproperty.com/PropGuest/Pri ... proID=1080

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#783 Post by AG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 pm

I daresay that there's probably more advertising for this building being done on our forums than the developer themselves are doing. :P

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN] Re: #CAN: Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

#784 Post by wilkiebarkid » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 am

This one is dead. The land has been advertised in today's Advertiser for sale under instructions from what appears to be a receiver. It states that there is planning approval for a 25 story building.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN] Re: #CAN: Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

#785 Post by Nort » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:58 pm

wilkiebarkid wrote:This one is dead. The land has been advertised in today's Advertiser for sale under instructions from what appears to be a receiver. It states that there is planning approval for a 25 story building.
Disappointing, but not too surprising given all the delays. Will be interesting to see what happens with the site, on the one hand it isn't really the ideal location for a landmark building but on the other hand the land is probably quite valuable given that in a few years the rest of that block will be covered in City Central developments.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: CAN: Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

#786 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Potentially Aspen will buy this and incorporate into Tower 4 or 7.

Shame after 7 years of promises and delays it's come to this but this really is a lesson in how not to market a building. It was dodgy from the start. This was always going to happen.

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#787 Post by JamesXander » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:13 pm

I reckon we should start a company an propose a high rise apartment block, without ridiculous profit margins attatched. That way you would presell most of the apartments, and you'd be able to start construction alot faster.

Shotgun CEO.

Nort

#788 Post by Nort » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:15 pm

JamesXander wrote:I reckon we should start a company an propose a high rise apartment block, without ridiculous profit margins attatched. That way you would presell most of the apartments, and you'd be able to start construction alot faster.

Shotgun CEO.
The catch22 is how do you get investors in the first place if you aren't promising big profits?

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#789 Post by JamesXander » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Nort wrote:
JamesXander wrote:I reckon we should start a company an propose a high rise apartment block, without ridiculous profit margins attatched. That way you would presell most of the apartments, and you'd be able to start construction alot faster.

Shotgun CEO.
The catch22 is how do you get investors in the first place if you aren't promising big profits?
Hmm, well Il put together my 30 second thought out business plan together.

Perhaps you keep costs down by only coming up with the plans thorugh the original investors pockest, plans, marketing, approval etc. Sign contracts with the owners of the lands on the priviso that you presell 80% of your apartments before the land is bought. You sell to the poeple on the priviso that as soon as 80% of apartments are sold they will buy the land an construct almost immediately. Short term funding is paid for by the deposits. Banks make up the short fall, but because of the hassened constuction period, the income from the sold apartments will be much quicker keeping funding costs down.

And once we have a sucessful apartment block sold, bam, we are in business

Hell I dont think that made sense. But yeah. Go company! Gimme your money ppl

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#790 Post by Ben » Thu May 06, 2010 5:13 pm

A further 6 month extension of time was granted on 24/04/2010.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#791 Post by Pikey » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 pm

For sale up is on site now. From what I can gather from the near by workers on the CC8, there is no real interest from Aspen in the site.

Could be an empty plot for quite a while.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Benski81
High Rise Poster!

#792 Post by Benski81 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Pikey wrote:For sale up is on site now. From what I can gather from the near by workers on the CC8, there is no real interest from Aspen in the site.

Could be an empty plot for quite a while.
Might not be such a bad thing, what's the point in the site being owned by people who don't intend to or can't use it. We should probably just hope for a quick sale.

iTouch
Legendary Member!

#793 Post by iTouch » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:45 pm

while we're into bumping threads, I just thought I'd let you know, Perth stole our spire and squashed it to 66m, painted it white, put an i before it's name to make it sound trendy (iSpire) AND placed it on Adelaide Terrace just to rub it in. :x

Demand for apartments in this trendy inner-city suburb is increasing as numerous new development projects create a bustling and vibrant community hosting a wide range of entertainment, commercial and retail developments. This resort-style apartment complex will feature a range of two bedroom, two bathroom apartments, with a luxury fit out and stunning river views.

Special care has been taken to preserve the original stone church that was built on the site in 1940. This beautiful building will provide a unique heritage entrance statement making a real feature of the complex lobby.

Join the thousands of residents who live and work in the area and experience the excitement and sophistication of living in the city with all of Perth's finest shopping, dining and nightlife destinations right at your doorstep. With pre-sales expected to commence late in 2008, this will be one development that is sure to sell fast.

Tel : +618 9225 5266
Fax : +618 9225 5277
Mobile : 0412 923 214

Ps: Notice how 66m in Perth renders looks ALOT smaller then 66m in Adelaide :P Just a thought
Don't burn the Adelaide Parkland (preservation society)

metro
Legendary Member!

#794 Post by metro » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:32 am

i think that's the old render for iSpire, and i think it's rather ordinary for Perth. And yes it is a bit of a coincidence that it's called spire, looks similar to the cancelled Spire on Bentham design and is on Adelaide Tce.

Oh well, at least we have iPad :P
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=7&t=1026

rhino

#795 Post by rhino » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 am

The name sweats. iSpire makes it sound like there's a problem with the heating in that building.
cheers,
Rhino