Copper Coast | Developments & News

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: #U/C: The Dunes | Port Hughes

#61 Post by ghs » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I checked it out today, it looks pretty good. There's no real development as yet, just
a sales office, a few roads and some vague landscaping.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: #U/C: The Dunes | Port Hughes

#62 Post by jk1237 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:20 pm

yeah still not heaps happening with the Dunes part. But the rest of the subdivisions are all go and so many new houses since I was last up there. Just got back from a weekend at Port Hughes, where I took some friends to my parents shack. I took them on the Moonta Mines train and they loved it :lol: :lol: I dont think Id been on that little train for about 10 years. A really great cafe has also opened up on the main street which was quite popular. I like Moonta, I should take some snaps one day

Jeez Wallaroo has a long way to go to look as nice as Moonta (I know im biased). The new marina is good but parts of the town such as the forshore area still look like a dump. Wallaroo has so much potential

Xaragmata

Re: #U/C: Copper Cove Marina | Wallaroo

#63 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Not sure exactly where this is in relation to the Marina, but is located at Lot 679, Heritage Drive, and has been approved:

http://www.coppercoast.sa.gov.au/webdat ... _Mins_.pdf

CC-CDAP15:10 Moved Member Rodda Seconded Member Clarke
That following consideration and having regard to all
relevant matters concerning the proposed 8-storey Hotel
and Conference facility at Lot 679, Heritage Drive, Wallaroo
be GRANTED subject to the following conditions: [...]

http://www.ypct.com.au/index.php?option ... &Itemid=66

[includes render]

Eight storey hotel approved for Wallaroo
Wednesday, 23 June 2010
Journalist: Ros White - Wallaroo foreshore’s skyline will change when an eight-storey hotel is built on Heritage Drive.

The Copper Coast Council Development Assessment Panel approved the short stay accommodation hotel at its meeting last week.
The hotel will comprise 100 rooms and a conference facility.
CDAP had approved a five-storey apartment building for the site in November 2007, but applicant Terra Developments (SA) Pty Ltd advised, since the
Global Financial Crisis, it has been forced to consider different options as a demand for long or permanent stay apartments as approved has diminished.

A protracted discussion at the meeting focused on the provision of on-site car parking.
For the full story, see the print issue of this week's YP Country Times.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 939506.htm

Wallaroo high-rise aims for conference market
Posted Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:49am AEST

South Australia's Tourism Commission says approval for an eight-storey waterfront hotel at Wallaroo will change the perception of the town and surrounding region.

Approval for a 100-room hotel has been granted by the Copper Coast Council, but construction is unlikely to begin for at least another year.

Yorke Peninsula regional tourism manager Jo Barrie says the hotel will cater for a new market.

"Historically Yorke Peninsula was often thought of as a budget holiday destination and it probably was with the cheap budget shacks and things, but to have
an eight-storey hotel of this calibre with 100 rooms totally adds another dimension to what we're already offering and it's just brilliant for the region," she
said.

"It can help us attract new business and conference markets to the region that we can't currently cater for."

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#64 Post by crawf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 pm

Looks pretty decent, 8-levels is a good height for a small regional town

skyliner

#65 Post by skyliner » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:10 am

A far as I know, the tallest in any place on SA. Even the provincial cities of NSW have VERY little high rise (except on the north coast, Newcastle and Wollongong). this would be amonst the highest. A vote of confidence for Wallaroo.

SA - STATE ON THE MOVE
Jack.

iTouch
Legendary Member!

#66 Post by iTouch » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:46 pm

It reminds me of a building I saw at Coffs Harbor except to more of a larger extent :)
Don't burn the Adelaide Parkland (preservation society)

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#67 Post by Will » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:14 pm

The local council has set a great precedent by approving this building. Local councils in the Adelaide metro area, particularly the Holdfast Bay council should take note and realise that even regional centres are more forward thinking than they are.

ozisnowman
High Rise Poster!

Re: Copper Coast | Developments & News

#68 Post by ozisnowman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:26 am

Councils especially regional ones should embrace building up as they can create nice compact mini cities with all amenities and services thus not stretching service needs such as roads, water, electricity etc and these towns would be more popular