[COM] South Road Superway | $842m | 3km

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
waz94
Gold-Member ;)

[COM] Re: South Road Upgrades | SWP: South Road Superway

#1141 Post by waz94 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:17 pm

Xaragmata wrote:
Paulns wrote:Seems as though the nice curvy yellow bits that looked the like the street lights are now gone in this latest concept.

http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/__d ... SintB5.JPG

The earlier simulation by Urban Circus with the curvy bits was more impressive than the current one (IMO)..

Whats with the soundtrack?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1142 Post by monotonehell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

waz94 wrote:Whats with the soundtrack?
It's one of the free to use tracks Youtube provide; "009 Sound System - Trinity"
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Isiskii
High Rise Poster!

#1143 Post by Isiskii » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:23 pm

All the people on AdelaideNow having their whinge about why this section of South Road is being upgraded first before the others...

Have they really no clue about freight traffic demand? They're so selfish.

iTouch
Legendary Member!

#1144 Post by iTouch » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:29 pm

All the people on AdelaideNow having their whinge about why this section of South Road is being upgraded first before the others...

Have they really no clue about freight traffic demand? They're so selfish.
They're also complaining why the North get infrastructure projects and the south don't. The south are getting their Xway duplicated, AND their train extended what more do they want?
Don't burn the Adelaide Parkland (preservation society)

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1145 Post by AtD » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:59 pm

You should know about Adelaide Now comments by now...

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1146 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:03 pm

If you have Google Earth, can anyone please draw a route of where the South Road Superway goes to?
Make it as accurate as possible!
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

marquisite
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1147 Post by marquisite » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:If you have Google Earth, can anyone please draw a route of where the South Road Superway goes to?
Make it as accurate as possible!
The general access map on the DTEI website may help you :)

--

DTEI has (parts of) a new website up in case you didn't know. There's a bunch of still renders of the Superway here. But I ask, what is with all the pink?

Grand Junction Rd:

Days Rd:

Jim Boukas
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1148 Post by Jim Boukas » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:26 pm

I think that the superway should not go ahead, I feel it's a waste of taxpayers money, have the advisors to the politicians that make these commitments not told them of the theory of induced demand?

If this goes ahead it will encourage people to use it and it will clog up and then what build another 4 lanes???

We should be spending money on public transport and getting people out of cars and into busses, trains, trams etc, I don't want this state to look like the other states in Australia full of congested freeways.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1149 Post by crawf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:00 pm

baytram366 wrote:I'm all for it fixing the Grand Junction Road intersection -that can be quite fun at peak hour (joking of course) but the Grange Road to Torrens Road section needs more attention due to it being very thin and a lot more dangerous than other parts that the Superway will improve.
South Rd upgrade back on agenda
October 7 2010

UPGRADING South Rd between the Superway and Gallipoli Underpass is back on the State Government’s agenda but funding and a construction timeframe are yet to be approved.

The Government will soon call for tenders to plan a multi-million dollar upgrade of about 9km of South Rd, between the superway in the north and the underpass at Anzac Highway.

The section includes some of the narrowest parts of South Rd and is lined with businesses and homes, presenting one of the biggest challenges in the quest to convert the key route into a 22km free-flowing north-south road transport corridor.

In April last year, the RAA unveiled its vision of a $2 billion, 6km tunnel from the underpass to north of the Outer Harbor rail line at Croydon.

At the time, Transport Minister Patrick Colon said a tunnel would be ‘‘incredibly expensive’’ and a ‘‘big ask’’ but did not rule it out.
The Advertiser

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#1150 Post by mattblack » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Incase anyone wants to trott out that old line of no vision you may want to educate yourself first slightly by reading these two documents (especially infrastructure SA link, road intersection analysis) to see what direction the government is taking, reasoning why these projects are being done and so on. If you look at the State plan it gives you more of an overall view as to how well the government is achieving benchmarks that it has set for itself, some good, some pretty dismal. Even a semi educated view is nice occasionally :)

http://www.stateplan.sa.gov.au/progress-report--2

http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/__d ... r_2009.pdf

iTouch
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: South Rd Upgrades - News & construction ONLY | SWP: Supe

#1151 Post by iTouch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:Does anyone know which businesses will be affected by the construction work? Beaurepaires will be in Business As Usual, like I said previously.
Did you give me a bus ticket today? I don't know who but some transport fanatic gave me his bus ticket at West Lakes today and said he was from the TTG area
Don't burn the Adelaide Parkland (preservation society)

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1152 Post by Norman » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:37 pm

The median strip on South Road between the Expressway and Grand Junction Road is being dug up as we speak. Possibly for service relocation.

ac83
Gold-Member ;)

#1153 Post by ac83 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Keeping this thread alive (although I'm sure it will be alive for at least 20 years!), there's been some developments along the Superway Rd with the new Galipoli Grove rd nearing completion.

Also the intersection at Regency and South Rd is going under some changes such as adding more turning slip lanes. Heading South on South Rd coming off the PREXY is now down to 60kph but both Safety Cameras at GJ Rd Intersection and Regency Rd Intersection have been removed.

I'm not sure if Faulton Hogan are setting up a site office between Days Rd Intersection and GJ Rd but it sure does look like it. Also some of the median strip has been removed in certain places. At this stage it's hard to make sense of it all but I'm sure there's a method to their madness.

Will keep everyone updated as I take this route almost everyday. I'll try to get some pictures too

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1154 Post by Wayno » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 am

The Dec 13 nearmap image clearly shows the progress with Regency/South Rd works...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1155 Post by rev » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 pm

The South/Grand Junction Road intersection will be closed from January 14 to the 18th.