Introduction Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Introduction Thread

#106 Post by crawf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:31 pm

I think your our first female, welcome :D

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#107 Post by Shuz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:10 pm

Theres 1300 members here! Surely shes one of many females.

Ladies, come out, come out wherever you are.

Welcome Sonata, btw.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#108 Post by Norman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 pm

I think Wilkiebarkid is a female...

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#109 Post by Queen Anne » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:46 pm

I am a female, though I guess "Queen Anne" could mean anything, lol

Yes, welcome Sonata, it's great to see more females on the site :)

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#110 Post by Queen Anne » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:49 am

I Just wanted to add that I didn't mean any disrepect to anyone with my last coment referring to "Queen" Anne. It's just that I have sometimes wondered if people on the site might not realize I am a female and think I am a guy just having some fun with the name I chose - but then I looked in the dictionary and discovered that "Queen" (as in cross-dressing) is sometimes used in a derogatory manner, and not just in a fun way. So I apologise if I upset anyone, it certainly wasn't intended.

OK, I'll stop waffling now, I hope this made sense!

While I am here i guess I should i introduce myself properly. My name is Caroline and even though I am still coming to terms with it, I will admit that I have just turned 36, because I think it's good for the site that the range of ages and interests, etc, of members be known.

I am living in Seattle while my hubby works here, and have two kids, who I hope will grow up in a revitalised Adelaide. (Queen Anne is the name of a lovely Seattle neighbourhood).
Thanks!

Flutie Flakes
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#111 Post by Flutie Flakes » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:59 pm

Hey guys hows it goin, found the link to this forum via SSC and have got to say am very impressed with the forum.

A little about me... Well I'm 20 years old, lived in the Port Adelaide area my whole life, great sporting enthusiast and a proud South Australian. I love this city and love hearing about the new developments going on around the place. I also love playing sim city and re-creating Adelaide with my own visions :P

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#112 Post by wilkiebarkid » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Norman wrote:I think Wilkiebarkid is a female...
I've taken the bait Norman.

HOWEVER....

Um....Male....Married...Hetro...a Father....and certainly old enough to be your Father.

As Crawf would have deduced by now, I am of a similar vintage to his mum.

Here is my forced intro....(to defend my sexuality)

Born....a long time ago in another country.
Came to OZ as a nipper and went to Glenelg Primary.
Moved to Christie Downs and attended CBPS and CBHS.
Played football for Christies Beach and Port Noarlunga.
Worked for Hills Industries for 4.5 years.
Then a finance company for almost 14 years.
Moving from Adelaide to Darwin.
Played footy and won a Premiership with the Banks Bulldogs in Darwin.

As a child I wanted to be an architect. I used to draw skyscrapers and cityscapes all the time. (was an 'A' art student in matric)

I didn't follow that path and entered the workforce in sales and eventually finance.

Still a fanatic about cities and development,....especially Adelaide and Darwin.

Unlike most European born immigrants, or children of European born immigrants I consider myself Australian.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#113 Post by Omicron » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Matriculation is so much more fun to say than plain old Year 12.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#114 Post by crawf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:08 am

wilkiebarkid wrote:

HOWEVER....

Um....Male....Married...Hetro...a Father....and certainly old enough to be your Father.

Haha

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#115 Post by stelaras » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:16 am

wilkiebarkid wrote:

HOWEVER....

Here is my forced intro....(to defend my sexuality)

Born....a long time ago in another country.
Came to OZ as a nipper and went to Glenelg Primary.
Moved to Christie Downs and attended CBPS and CBHS.
Played football for Christies Beach and Port Noarlunga.
Worked for Hills Industries for 4.5 years.
Then a finance company for almost 14 years.
Moving from Adelaide to Darwin.
Played footy and won a Premiership with the Banks Bulldogs in Darwin.

As a child I wanted to be an architect. I used to draw skyscrapers and cityscapes all the time. (was an 'A' art student in matric)

I didn't follow that path and entered the workforce in sales and eventually finance.

Still a fanatic about cities and development,....especially Adelaide and Darwin.

Unlike most European born immigrants, or children of European born immigrants I consider myself Australian.

Your ancestry wouldn't happen to originate from the southern mediterranean?? lets say Cyprus??

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#116 Post by stelaras » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:34 am

So...i may as well add myself to the introductions list...

Born in Adelaide...lived in the greater Unley region (Black Forest) until i moved out almost 5 years ago to the place that most people hate the most....

I must admit i am older than most of the younger more frequent posters on here but younger than some of the older guys that post on here..lol

I am Male and married..no kids (yet)

I went to Goodwood Primary school. Unley High School (for 3 years) and Adelaide High School for the crucial years....As a junior i played SAPSASA cricket, football and basketball. As a teenager i played basketball for Adelaide High School (champions in C grade 2 years in a row) and at uni played basketball for Flinders University and club tennis.

I completed my matriculation as a 15 year old (that is what it was called back then) then took a year off to travel with my folks (europe to trace back the steps of my ancestors). I have helped run family businesses and managed a small company during my formative years at university..Through my experiences i have managed to study at all three universites in SA (my favorite being Flinders) and now work as a scientist in the area of cancer research (specifically breast and bone)..

My interests apart from the love of this great city are in architecture and design and have always looked at the bigger picture..

jlimty
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#117 Post by jlimty » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 am

Newbie alert! :lol:

Have been lurking around for a fair few months now reading up on all the latest new about Adelaide and I've finally decided to join in the fun :mrgreen:

A few quick facts, male, 25 years of age, migrated to Adelaide 2 years ago after completing my Engineering degree at Adelaide Uni. Into soccer, photography and music. Am currently working at a Engineering consulting company having joined them last year. Looking forward to contributing (hopefully) to the forum and to help Adelaide progress! :wink:

Slick
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#118 Post by Slick » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Daniel

24, Born and bread in Adelaide, Working as a Town Planner within a Regional Council in Central Queensland, in the midst of a 3 Council amalgamation. :shock:

Moved to Central Queensland after the significant other finished her degree and decided to expand her horizons. i agreed to move with her and "see what was out there" while we had the youth and chance to do so. arrived here 3rd Jan 2008.

i had been studying at UniSA for several years chipping away at a degree. lost intrest towards the end as my form of employment was taking up much of my focus.

however with the move, i left my unfinished degree, job and family to try something different and certainly have found that.

managed to stumble on a job as a planner where i am very very happy.

the town i am working in is highly industrial and very different from anything i believe many few in the planning field within Adelaide would never experience.

one day i hope to return to Adelaide where i can use my experiences *(assumming i gain any) :? as a planner here, back home, and to finish my datsun project that is housed in the old folk's garage taking up valuable space.

this experience has certainly changed my perspective of good old adelaide, the development process and how damn good it really is!

all i have to do is complete my unfinished thesis this year and hopefully graduate with honours.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#119 Post by Omicron » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:43 am

Datsun project, Mr. Slick?

I should hope that's either a 1600 or 240Z project!

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#120 Post by Howie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:53 am

Omicron wrote:Datsun project, Mr. Slick?

I should hope that's either a 1600 or 240Z project!

Yes do tell! :D