Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Message
Author
User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2634
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 674 times
Been thanked: 329 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3091 Post by SRW » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am

Yeah, this crisis is a good lesson about practising not only personal hygiene but information hygiene. And a good opportunity to fine tool your media literacy to avoid spreading viral misinformation. Some resources:
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5815
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 802 times
Been thanked: 1524 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3092 Post by Norman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm

Yet again I have had to clean up this thread. While I and the rest of the moderators would like this to be an open forum for many views and opinions, this is not a place to post about the latest controversy you have seen on the web or what's in the dark web or what the latest conspiracy theory is.

Sensational Adelaide is a forum to discuss Adelaide, development and construction, tourism and events, planning and communities. Yes, we can have some off-topic discussion here in the Beer Garden, but let's keep it civil, constructive and (most of all) respectful.

No more baiting, no more personal attacks. Please!

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2634
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 674 times
Been thanked: 329 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3093 Post by SRW » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Agreed! But, for those new to the Internet, I'd also add: don't feed the troll.
Keep Adelaide Weird

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3094 Post by rev » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:50 pm

Lol yeh ok, more hypocritical selective moderating


Anyway useless hypocrites aside, let me just say I TOLD YOU SO.

Eight people in Victoria not in self isolation during police checks. Wonder how many more have gone unfound so far.
Most people aren't practising social distancing in public places.

One idiot even thinks its the flu and we have vaccines for it.
Tell that to the people of Italy.
Tell that to the doctors there pleading with the rest of the world to take this seriously and shut them selves down.
Tell that to our own doctors who are telling people to stay home.

But we wouldn't be in this situation if it wasnt for the hostile communist regime in China who covered this virus up and lied to the world for months, until it was too late.

Shame our own governments have been so corrupted and bought by the hostile Chinese communist regime that they allowed 31,000 Chinese students, many probably infected, into the country after ordering travel bans.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3095 Post by rev » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:12 pm

SRW wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:45 pm
Agreed! But, for those new to the Internet, I'd also add: don't feed the troll.
Yes labels are more fun then debating the points someone makes, because that way you can avoid the inconvenient truths you don't want to discuss.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3096 Post by rev » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Its not enough their agents are out here raiding shops for baby formula, they're companies do it too..

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... 25c56e7cec


Been wondering why you can't find any of these supplies at a time like this? The Chinese communist dictatorship is a major reason why.
A Chinese government-backed property giant has secretly raided in bulk Australia’s supplies of masks, hand sanitiser, antibacterial wipes and essential medical supplies and shipped them back to China.

The Greenland Group, which manages high-end real estate projects in Sydney and Melbourne, proactively drained Australian supplies of anti-coronavirus equipment, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Three million surgical masks, 500,000 pairs of gloves and bulk supplies of sanitiser and wipes were bought up in Australia and other countries where Greenland operates.

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Grange
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3097 Post by gnrc_louis » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:25 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:54 pm
Its not enough their agents are out here raiding shops for baby formula, they're companies do it too..

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... 25c56e7cec


Been wondering why you can't find any of these supplies at a time like this? The Chinese communist dictatorship is a major reason why.
A Chinese government-backed property giant has secretly raided in bulk Australia’s supplies of masks, hand sanitiser, antibacterial wipes and essential medical supplies and shipped them back to China.

The Greenland Group, which manages high-end real estate projects in Sydney and Melbourne, proactively drained Australian supplies of anti-coronavirus equipment, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Three million surgical masks, 500,000 pairs of gloves and bulk supplies of sanitiser and wipes were bought up in Australia and other countries where Greenland operates.
Original article here: https://www.smh.com.au/national/second- ... 54e8n.html

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 410 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3098 Post by SBD » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:14 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:50 pm
Lol yeh ok, more hypocritical selective moderating


Anyway useless hypocrites aside, let me just say I TOLD YOU SO.

Eight people in Victoria not in self isolation during police checks. Wonder how many more have gone unfound so far.
Most people aren't practising social distancing in public places.

One idiot even thinks its the flu and we have vaccines for it.
Tell that to the people of Italy.
Tell that to the doctors there pleading with the rest of the world to take this seriously and shut them selves down.
Tell that to our own doctors who are telling people to stay home.

But we wouldn't be in this situation if it wasnt for the hostile communist regime in China who covered this virus up and lied to the world for months, until it was too late.

Shame our own governments have been so corrupted and bought by the hostile Chinese communist regime that they allowed 31,000 Chinese students, many probably infected, into the country after ordering travel bans.
From the Australian Department of Health, most imported COVID-19 came from Europe and America, not from Chinese students.
Image

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 267 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3099 Post by Nort » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Norman wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm
Yet again I have had to clean up this thread. While I and the rest of the moderators would like this to be an open forum for many views and opinions, this is not a place to post about the latest controversy you have seen on the web or what's in the dark web or what the latest conspiracy theory is.

Sensational Adelaide is a forum to discuss Adelaide, development and construction, tourism and events, planning and communities. Yes, we can have some off-topic discussion here in the Beer Garden, but let's keep it civil, constructive and (most of all) respectful.

No more baiting, no more personal attacks. Please!
Thanks.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3100 Post by rev » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Again I TOLD YOU SO.
Federal government is forcing returning travellers into quarantine in closed hotels, under supervision.
The ADF is now going to be used to enforce quarantine/self isolation checks.

zippySA
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 pm
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3101 Post by zippySA » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:44 pm

Food for thought - what would be the view in Australia if a company like BHP legally purchased medical equipment (PPE etc) in bulk from Europe and gifted it to Australian authorities to use?

We would celebrate them. If it's legal and fair trade, then all kudos to looking after your people - it is our government's duty to determine the laws of the land and to act according to the national need.

And thanks moderators - keep up the good work!

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3102 Post by rev » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:56 pm

Apples and oranges.

One is a state controlled entity that was orderesld to do it, the other is a private corporation.
China also refused US assistance.

Of course, only radical communists in SA who support the communist Chinese dictatorship would be supportive and think the better move is to raid other countries supplies clandestinely, instead of cooperating with countries offering assistance.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 410 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3103 Post by SBD » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:31 pm

rev wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:56 pm
Apples and oranges.

One is a state controlled entity that was orderesld to do it, the other is a private corporation.
China also refused US assistance.

Of course, only radical communists in SA who support the communist Chinese dictatorship would be supportive and think the better move is to raid other countries supplies clandestinely, instead of cooperating with countries offering assistance.
Well, I've never been accused of that before! I think I qualify as capitalist since Risland Australia is ultimately owned by Country Garden, a family-controlled company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. It's not clear if they were buying Australian-made products, or stuff that had already been imported fro China in the first place. Either way, they are supporting Australian retailers by paying retail prices rather than negotiating bulk discounts from distributors and suppliers. If we want to be able to buy foreign products, it's only fair that we let foreign consumers buy Australian products too.

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Grange
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3104 Post by gnrc_louis » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:11 am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-28/c ... r/12097124

As I said in another post, I think this all definitely has the potential to decrease future office projects.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Beer Garden

#3105 Post by rev » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 pm

SBD wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:31 pm
Well, I've never been accused of that before! I think I qualify as capitalist since Risland Australia is ultimately owned by Country Garden, a family-controlled company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. It's not clear if they were buying Australian-made products, or stuff that had already been imported fro China in the first place. Either way, they are supporting Australian retailers by paying retail prices rather than negotiating bulk discounts from distributors and suppliers. If we want to be able to buy foreign products, it's only fair that we let foreign consumers buy Australian products too.
Wasn't aimed at you SBD.

On the issue of them buying out supplies, it's an under handed tactic. They knew they didn't have it under control and the likelihood it would spread outside of their borders was high.

It would be like Victoria buying up all the fire fighting equipment in South Australia at the start of the bushfire season because they have major fires near our border, knowing that they don't have it under control and it will spread over the border, and therefore leaving us in a compromised situation.

Globalism can eat a big fat one.
Hopefully the biggest casualty of this crisis is the rampant globalism that has gutted this country's (and most western countries) manufacturing capabilities. I think that'll be the trend in America to an extent (and their trend of bringing back jobs to America will continue with millions more created), but sadly I think our government wont take measures so that at least strategic supplies and things of a national security perspective are all manufactured here and readily available. People might not think a face mask or hand sanitizer or hazmat suits fit into that category, but if health professionals don't have those supplies, they can't fight off this virus. That therefore has bigger implications for the country.

This virus has exposed flaws in globalism. I have my doubts our government will address any of it though.

Just imagine if there was food shortages. All those farms owned by communist Chinas state owned corporations and others, have no doubt they'll be supplying their own countries first while you starve.

I'm sure someone will point out that China is sending supplies now to European countries. Inferior testing kits that are anything but accurate. Just ask the Spanish.

There's quite a few places now making hand sanitizer. I think even Bickfords has started.
The problem they're all having though is sourcing supplies, and the cost of those supplies. Where are all those chemicals made? Guess...
Are people starting to see the problem with the rampant globalism and manufacturing being almost all exclusively in one place, in this case a place with a hostile regime that doesn't share the same values as our western democracies? I'll throw up another possible scenario. A war between the USA & China. Even if Australia stays out of it (if the ANZUS treaty isn't used), there'll be no supplies coming from China. So why do we persist with this globalism policy? When it's very clearly a major disadvantage to Australia (and all western countries) from a strategic and national security pov.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests