News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#1666 Post by Ben » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:31 am

This is what the redevelopment of the Katies site will look like. The former Zamels site is having a significant makeover aswell. Would be good to know who the tenant is. I noticed the Tarocash site now has a for lease on it and Country Road in the mall closes November 15.
Attachments
katies1.JPG
katies1.JPG (157.27 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
katies.JPG
katies.JPG (151.44 KiB) Viewed 2654 times

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1667 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Ben wrote:This is what the redevelopment of the Katies site will look like. The former Zamels site is having a significant makeover aswell. Would be good to know who the tenant is. I noticed the Tarocash site now has a for lease on it and Country Road in the mall closes November 15.
It's an improvement on what's already there, but I can't help but feel that this is unnecessary. All I'm noticing with these new shops being built is one store shifting from somewhere else in the mall to fill these sites. Is the mall not trying to encourage international clothing brands such as H&M? If they are, why aren't landowners building facilities to cater for such tenants?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1668 Post by monotonehell » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:23 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Ben wrote:This is what the redevelopment of the Katies site will look like. The former Zamels site is having a significant makeover aswell. Would be good to know who the tenant is. I noticed the Tarocash site now has a for lease on it and Country Road in the mall closes November 15.
It's an improvement on what's already there, but I can't help but feel that this is unnecessary. All I'm noticing with these new shops being built is one store shifting from somewhere else in the mall to fill these sites. Is the mall not trying to encourage international clothing brands such as H&M? If they are, why aren't landowners building facilities to cater for such tenants?
It does mean however, that the old tired shops are being gutted and refreshed. So we have that going for us, which is nice.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1669 Post by Ben » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:49 pm

So it is Tarocash moving to where Zamels used to be.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1670 Post by Pants » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:56 am

Lindt is opening up a store at Harbour Town (of all places). Wouldn't be too big a stretch to suggest they might be looking to open a cafe in the CBD.

Matt Blatt is also opening up it's first Adelaide store on Morphett Street.

Patrick_27

#1671 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Pants wrote:Lindt is opening up a store at Harbour Town (of all places). Wouldn't be too big a stretch to suggest they might be looking to open a cafe in the CBD.
What took them so long, I wonder.

If they do open in the city, I'd suggest somewhere North Terrace (across from the Art Gallery, Museum, Library, Government House)

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1672 Post by crawf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:14 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Pants wrote:Lindt is opening up a store at Harbour Town (of all places). Wouldn't be too big a stretch to suggest they might be looking to open a cafe in the CBD.
Probably because Lindt has only been exclusive to Sydney and Melbourne.

The new store will differ from their cafes, it will only serve hot and cold drinks to take away and chocolate items for sale. - still good news IMO, Lindt is amazing!

A DFO complex in Brisbane is also getting the same store.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1673 Post by Ben » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:36 pm

This is going before the ACC on Monday, expected to be approved.
Attachments
rm.JPG
rm.JPG (241.9 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
rm1.JPG
rm1.JPG (167.77 KiB) Viewed 2063 times

Patrick_27

#1674 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Ben wrote:This is going before the ACC on Monday, expected to be approved.
Oh God... Why? Completely unnecessary. I can think of a heap of other buildings in the mall that could use this kind of treatment.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1675 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Oh God... Why? Completely unnecessary. I can think of a heap of other buildings in the mall that could use this kind of treatment.
Just to add to the tackiness of the cardboard box

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1676 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:52 pm

crawf wrote:
Patrick_27 wrote:
Probably because Lindt has only been exclusive to Sydney and Melbourne.

The new store will differ from their cafes, it will only serve hot and cold drinks to take away and chocolate items for sale. - still good news IMO, Lindt is amazing!

A DFO complex in Brisbane is also getting the same store.
Oh darn - still their hot chocolate to dine in is chocolate heaven!

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1677 Post by SRW » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:11 pm

While we're on the ACP building... does anyone know why Tiffany & Co have installed a monstrous access ramp on North Tce that invades half the footpath? I thought wheelchair access was available through the David Jones foyer? My gripe is not with equal access infrastructure, more that I don't think the public realm should have to be sacrificed due to perhaps shortsighted design in a very recent development - ie, it should have been inbuilt in the first place.
Keep Adelaide Weird

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1678 Post by jk1237 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:16 pm

interesting that Christchurch will be getting a Top Shop/Top Man in a years time yet absolutely no sign still of ever opening in a city 3 times the size

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1679 Post by SRW » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:36 pm

jk1237 wrote:interesting that Christchurch will be getting a Top Shop/Top Man in a years time yet absolutely no sign still of ever opening in a city 3 times the size
We will sort of be getting Topshop/Topman when it opens within Myer early next year, although I can't decide whether that helps or hinders the possibility of a standalone storefront in Adelaide anytime soon.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Patrick_27

#1680 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Patrick_27 wrote:
Just to add to the tackiness of the cardboard box
I'm all for replacing that glasswork above the entrance, but please something that's striking!