News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#2611 Post by Ho Really » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm

For your enjoyment...

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Patrick_27

#2612 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm
For your enjoyment...

Cheers
I can't help but feel that this upgrade is a missed opportunity to put Qantas Club and Virgin Lounge on a third level; not only would it give better views for members, but it would also clear out a sizeable footprint of level two for more retail and perhaps a second foodcourt on the western end.

Ho Really

#2613 Post by Ho Really » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:56 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:30 pm
I can't help but feel that this upgrade is a missed opportunity to put Qantas Club and Virgin Lounge on a third level; not only would it give better views for members, but it would also clear out a sizeable footprint of level two for more retail and perhaps a second foodcourt on the western end.
That would mean a third level. Basically on the roof. It would have been nice to have tarmac views. Unfortunately it wasn't in the original layout of the terminal. There are other things they could have done better as well straight from the beginning. Like a wider terminal building that would've kept International Departures (emigration/passport control) on the same level (Level 2).

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#2614 Post by Eurostar » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:45 am

So Cibo is gone? You mean I now have to go to Muffin Break then go back the other way to get my Tiger flights. Is Hudson's staying? Pity there is no McDonalds, not happy Jan. At least a Carl's Junior , we ain't all made of money.

NYG
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#2615 Post by NYG » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:47 am

Eurostar wrote:So Cibo is gone? You mean I now have to go to Muffin Break then go back the other way to get my Tiger flights. Is Hudson's staying? Pity there is no McDonalds, not happy Jan. At least a Carl's Junior , we ain't all made of money.
Cibo still there at the moment

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2616 Post by SRW » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Moving the lounges to a third level is still part of the masterplan, but not envisaged for about another 10 years.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nathan

#2617 Post by Nathan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:45 am
So Cibo is gone? You mean I now have to go to Muffin Break then go back the other way to get my Tiger flights. Is Hudson's staying? Pity there is no McDonalds, not happy Jan. At least a Carl's Junior , we ain't all made of money.
If you're worried about coffee, my sister used to work at the airport until last year and said the cafe in the hotel was the best for coffee, and past security, Cocolat was the pick (although everywhere in the airport has a bad habit of making them faaaaar too hot — a problem because of both potential burnt tasting coffee, and also when you finally get the coffee after waiting and it's only 5 minutes until boarding).

Jealous of Melbourne Airport though. They recently got a St. Ali cafe in the international terminal, and a Stomping Ground microbrewery in the Virgin terminal.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#2618 Post by Eurostar » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Nathan wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:08 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:45 am
If you're worried about coffee, my sister used to work at the airport until last year and said the cafe in the hotel was the best for coffee, and past security, Cocolat was the pick (although everywhere in the airport has a bad habit of making them faaaaar too hot — a problem because of both potential burnt tasting coffee, and also when you finally get the coffee after waiting and it's only 5 minutes until boarding).

Jealous of Melbourne Airport though. They recently got a St. Ali cafe in the international terminal, and a Stomping Ground microbrewery in the Virgin terminal.
I usually prefer Hudson's or Cibo as I usually have half strength coffee, but of course if its around dinner time when I fly out I have Hungry Jack's meal beforehand. It puzzles me why McDonalds is not in the upgrade.