[U/C] SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
Llessur2002
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1488
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm
Location: West Croydon
Has thanked: 448 times
Been thanked: 674 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#646 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm

SRW wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:05 pm
I always forget about that vantage. Such a rare perspective of our city - love it!
It's pretty nice - I need to find an excuse for more meetings up there!

Image

cmet
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Been thanked: 90 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#647 Post by cmet » Mon May 27, 2019 3:02 pm

How close is the core to its full height?

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 1064 times
Been thanked: 263 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#648 Post by [Shuz] » Mon May 27, 2019 3:14 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm
SRW wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:05 pm
I always forget about that vantage. Such a rare perspective of our city - love it!
It's pretty nice - I need to find an excuse for more meetings up there!

Image
I vote for this to be the new forum banner. :applause: :banana:
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 354 times
Been thanked: 83 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#649 Post by SBD » Mon May 27, 2019 8:00 pm

How high is the grey office building behind the railway station? Wikipedia says the Intercontinental Hotel is 91 metres. The thread title says the casino hotel will be 55m,

The Intercontinental is actually 87m. Not sure where Wikipedia obtained the 91m figure from. Furthermore, the Riverside office building, whilst listed at 50m, that is in fact its architectural height (height to top of core). To most observers, it appears shorter at 44m, as that is the height to the top of the roof of the top floor. The core is not readily visible from street level.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 553 times
Been thanked: 244 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#650 Post by SRW » Mon May 27, 2019 8:41 pm

SBD wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:00 pm
How high is the grey office building behind the railway station? Wikipedia says the Intercontinental Hotel is 91 metres. The thread title says the casino hotel will be 55m,
50 metres apparently: https://www.emporis.com/buildings/16951 ... -australia
Keep Adelaide Weird

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1101
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 354 times
Been thanked: 83 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#651 Post by SBD » Mon May 27, 2019 8:56 pm

SRW wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:41 pm
SBD wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:00 pm
How high is the grey office building behind the railway station? Wikipedia says the Intercontinental Hotel is 91 metres. The thread title says the casino hotel will be 55m,
50 metres apparently: https://www.emporis.com/buildings/16951 ... -australia
Thanks. So the casino will end up around the same height after allowing for a difference in ground level.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 48 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#652 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu May 30, 2019 3:34 pm

From 30 May 2019.
Attachments
20190530_135217.jpg
20190530_135215.jpg
20190530_135214.jpg
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 930
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 46 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#653 Post by how good is he » Fri May 31, 2019 1:20 am

Does anyone know once this project is complete if Station Road will be open again to traffic/cars? All the images show it will not (ie a tree-lined boulevard for pedestrians & people dining etc). If so, will that mean all the carparking for the hotel & Casino will enter from the KW St/Festival Theatre entrance? Also will there still be valet/taxis etc for the casino & hotel on Station Rd?
Last edited by how good is he on Fri May 31, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1446
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 398 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#654 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri May 31, 2019 1:22 am

how good is he wrote:Does anyone know once this project is complete if Station Road will be open again to traffic/cars? All the images show it will not (ie a tree-lined boulevard for pedestrians & people dining etc). If so, will that mean all the carparking for the hotel & Casino will enter from the KW St/Festival Theatre entrance? Also what about valet for the casino & hotel ?
I was of the understanding that Station Place was to become a drop off zone only.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 930
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 46 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#655 Post by how good is he » Fri May 31, 2019 1:26 am

Yes that’s what it appears. So will there be valet/taxis but basically no access to car parking from North Tce?

User avatar
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 437 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#656 Post by AndyWelsh » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Taken today and I think we have some evidence of glass being installed.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Can’t remember seeing this at the bottom of the crane before.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 553 times
Been thanked: 244 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#657 Post by SRW » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:29 pm

AndyWelsh wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm
Image
Great photos Andy!

Sorry to hijack this particular one, but that water cascade and staircase adjacent the footbridge is yet another example of public space upgrade been left to disrepair. What's the point of spending the money if things won't be maintained? I understand the plantings were replaced recently (I think in tandem with the Malthouse opening), but the rust and calcification to the stonework has been ignored. Given the (poor) state of Elder Park generally, I wonder if it's because there's some disagreement between the council and Riverbank Authority over who's responsible.
Keep Adelaide Weird

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2004
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 216 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#658 Post by claybro » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:47 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:29 pm
AndyWelsh wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm
Image
Great photos Andy!

Sorry to hijack this particular one, but that water cascade and staircase adjacent the footbridge is yet another example of public space upgrade been left to disrepair. What's the point of spending the money if things won't be maintained? I understand the plantings were replaced recently (I think in tandem with the Malthouse opening), but the rust and calcification to the stonework has been ignored. Given the (poor) state of Elder Park generally, I wonder if it's because there's some disagreement between the council and Riverbank Authority over who's responsible.
Is that the finished product of that feature?! even if it were maintained...Cheap, tacky and totally unbefitting of its location. I do hope this precinct ties together a bit better once the casino tower is complete. Its starting to look like a dogs breakfast, given how much is crowded into this one spot. The buildings individually look impressive, but have no common theme. If anything could tie it all together would be decent cohesive landscaping, and I don't mean some transplanted Mallee scrub and rubble. Not looking promising.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 63 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#659 Post by ghs » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:55 pm

I agree that It looks ordinary in that pic, but overall it's coming together well. If you ever want to see a dogs breakfast next to a river then
you need to go to brisbane. Honestly what were they thinking when they built a concrete jungle on top of a river.

User avatar
Matt
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 66 times

[U/C] Re: SkyCity Adelaide Casino Expansion | 55m | 12 Levels | Hotel

#660 Post by Matt » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm

Yep, the cascade water feature, etc, near the footbridge was an absolute state last time I was back.

That and the waterfall at the end of the bridge - clogged up with shite and spraying everywhere but down.

Couldn’t agree more - why spend the money on these things if you’re going to leave them to ruin?

They both looked great when they were installed - for God’s sake, maintain them. Especially in *that* location and at Fringe time.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests