Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

All other development discussion.
mattblack
Legendary Member!
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 am

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by mattblack »

Some scaffolding and boading going up on the Morphett st side of The Rockford hotel. Dont know if this signals the start of constuction or not?
User avatar
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:46 pm

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by Omicron »

mattblack wrote:Some scaffolding and boading going up on the Morphett st side of The Rockford hotel. Dont know if this signals the start of constuction or not?
They've been fiddling about with the old conference rooms on the western side for a few weeks now, so it's good to hear the next stage may well be in progress.
User avatar
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4581
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by AtD »

Thanks for the scoop matt.
User avatar
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4581
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by AtD »

Well, I spent a couple of days last week wondering greater Adelaide, armed with a camera and a print-out of the database. I didn't get to everything, though.
http://www.photoadelaide.com/newgal/mai ... _itemId=23
(I thought I'd just upload the lot rather than spam 100 threads, especially considering you guys already do a great job of construction updates and the majority are just photos of no changes).

I do not know when I'll have time to trawl through the gallery for any mistakes or updates on the list. So far I've picked up:

"The South" on 135 South Terrace is not U/C
Image

Neither is Space on Waymouth.
Image

Coffee World Park is on hold, if not cancelled.
Image

Mawson Lakes is a bit of a puzzle. I'm not sure about any of my map positions.
http://buildinglist.photoadelaide.com/M ... ?maploc=89
Lot 310, Mawson Lakes, is U/C.
HMH, Mawson Lakes, is U/C, and I have corrected its location on the map... I think.
Is Fusion 5 U/C? Not sure.
Image

Am I missing anything from Mawson Lakes?

Free pie to anyone who can get me a good shot of the model for Merc on Gouger, currently on display at 65 Grote Street. Specifically, I need one that looks good at 250x250 pixels. Or better still, a render without the marketing department ruining it by blocking the building with generic happy people stock images.

Thanks for your help, guys.
User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5995
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by Norman »

Just noticed you're missing the proposed Gepps Cross underpass.
User avatar
Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1613
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: Adelaide / West
Contact:

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by Xaragmata »

Norman wrote:Just noticed you're missing the proposed Gepps Cross underpass.
I think that has quietly been pushed under the table, with the Port Road u/pass and the building named after a
governor.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by Will »

AtD wrote: Am I missing anything from Mawson Lakes?

Free pie to anyone who can get me a good shot of the model for Merc on Gouger, currently on display at 65 Grote Street. Specifically, I need one that looks good at 250x250 pixels. Or better still, a render without the marketing department ruining it by blocking the building with generic happy people stock images.

Thanks for your help, guys.
Adam, regarding Mawson lakes, the problem may be that such mid-rise buildings are being proposed for areas outside the Mawson Lakes CBD. For example I was in Mawson Lakes a few days ago, and noticed a bill-board for a 5 level building (Silver Spear Apartments i think) for a lot on the other side of the train tracks, near the Salisbury Highway.
User avatar
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4581
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by AtD »

I think I had Silver Spear in its correct location. I don't know of any others outside the "CBD"
User avatar
Cruise
Banned
Banned
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Bay 115, Football Park

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by Cruise »

Norman wrote:Just noticed you're missing the proposed Gepps Cross underpass.
What proposed Gepps Cross underpass?
User avatar
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4581
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by AtD »

It was thrown up by the federal Libs as part of their pork-barrelling for the last election.
User avatar
Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1613
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: Adelaide / West
Contact:

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by Xaragmata »

Will wrote:
AtD wrote: Am I missing anything from Mawson Lakes?

Free pie to anyone who can get me a good shot of the model for Merc on Gouger, currently on display at 65 Grote Street. Specifically, I need one that looks good at 250x250 pixels. Or better still, a render without the marketing department ruining it by blocking the building with generic happy people stock images.

Thanks for your help, guys.
Adam, regarding Mawson lakes, the problem may be that such mid-rise buildings are being proposed for areas outside the Mawson Lakes CBD. For example I was in Mawson Lakes a few days ago, and noticed a bill-board for a 5 level building (Silver Spear Apartments i think) for a lot on the other side of the train tracks, near the Salisbury Highway.
The area bounded by the interchange, Salisbury Hwy, Elder Smith Rd & the Linear Park is being marketed as
Mawson Central West - an annexe of the CBD, mainly multi-level mixed use developments (TOD, perhaps?)
mattblack
Legendary Member!
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 am

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by mattblack »

Dont think the CMI Toyota building is on here? Looks like its U/C or SWP.
User avatar
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4581
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by AtD »

I'm just having a quick clean out of some of the probably dead projects in the database. There's a few of them, no thanks to the GFC.

I'm changing the following to "no recent news" - ie probably dead, assume so until proven otherwise or confirmed. Any objections? It's very likely that I've missed some news. I've checked the threads were possible, but sometimes that's not a sure thing. If you have any details on the status of any of the below, please let me know.

Image
Park Central, Kent Town
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=8&t=1030

Image
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=7&t=1039
102-120 Wakefield St - currently a car park

http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... .php?t=118
Olympic House, 77-80 West Terrace

Image
121-123 South Terrace

Image
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=7&t=2075
62-66 Currie Street

This is depressing. :(

I'm not putting these two as "no recent news" but any info would be appreciated. I have them both as Approved but I suspect they're both either UC or complete.

Image
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... 6&start=15
25 Market Street

Image
The South
135 South Terrace

Thanks for your help.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5605
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by Will »

Adam, I think it would be safe to say that the following projects are dead:

*Park Central
*Olympic House

62-66 Currie Street never reached the stage of lodging an application with the ACC, so thus it is more of a 'vision'.

As for the rest of them, I would leave their status as approved, as they are still likely to proceed when the credit crises eases.
User avatar
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4581
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Adelaide Projects List & Interactive Map

Post by AtD »

Thanks Will.
Post Reply