Railyards Site Redevelopment

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Railyards Site Redevelopment

#31 Post by Paulns » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:01 pm

I say send it to as many people as you can think of, the Messanger newspaper, the Premiers office, the Adelaide City council, TV, who ever will listen????

Its all very well to have an idea like this, but at the end of the day the right people in the right places are the ones that really have to see them!! They have to realise that these are serious proposals and this site can be more than just a think tank...

Anyway good luck and remember that I wouldnt just rely on The Advertiser... Just look at their thoughts over the past 12 months regarding the city tram line extension???????
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#32 Post by Paulns » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:05 pm

Last edited by Paulns on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#33 Post by Brando » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:54 pm

momentkiller.... Well done mate, your ideas are exactly what we want in basic theory. Why is it so damn hard for the ACC and Rann government to see this. I hope you do hear back soon.
Maybe we can also get some kind of online petition. I can think of dozens of people who would welcome such a bold proposal. There has been many times where i would have liked to watch a game at AAMI ( i'm a Mad BOMBER Man ) but i HATE, detest the location and hassle. Building these facilities in our beautiful city and i'd be there much more often. Certainly hope i don't have to visit the Marj..

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#34 Post by Cruise » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:17 pm

had a stupid idea today.

how about turn port road into an underpass (under the rail lines and parklands) and build the new stadium over the road next to the hospital.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#35 Post by Shuz » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:42 pm

Wouldn't that be a security risk? A road under a stadium... 60,000 fans on match night. One extremist and a few loads of TNT and whatever... I wouldn't like to think of the consequences.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#36 Post by AtD » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:00 pm

momentkiller wrote:Wouldn't that be a security risk? A road under a stadium... 60,000 fans on match night. One extremist and a few loads of TNT and whatever... I wouldn't like to think of the consequences.
That's a rather paranoid thought.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#37 Post by AG » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:28 pm

momentkiller wrote:Wouldn't that be a security risk? A road under a stadium... 60,000 fans on match night. One extremist and a few loads of TNT and whatever... I wouldn't like to think of the consequences.
It's possible to design a structure on top of a roadway such that the structure's supports do not pass through or near the tunnel underneath it. This is why the 1993 bombings of the WTC in NYC failed to damage the twin towers (except the carpark directly underneath which was not directly supporting the towers).

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#38 Post by Paulns » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:42 pm

I think with today's modern engineering and construction, almost anythings possible providing there's the funds to do it! Although I still support momentkillers idea..
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#39 Post by Cruise » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:23 pm

I might be a risk but it would be cool though dont you reckon?

And as AG said, its possible.

bs
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#40 Post by bs » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:50 pm

The risk of that happening is not really worthy of much concern. Telstra dome (in Melbourne) is built on top of a carpark, that could potentially be dangerous but it was never a big issue.

Why not build the stadium between Glover ave and Port Road ? Thereby avoiding an expensive underpass. Sure some park lands would be lost but the compromise would be the hugh area of new parklands near the hospital. However I think the best spot for the stadium is where the hospital is proposed.

AAMI stadium is not suitable for events like the soccer world cup, if Adelaide ever wants these events in say 15 years time (2022 world cup) it will needs a new stadium. The government should start planning an approriate location now.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#41 Post by Shuz » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Immerse yourself with my outstanding cut & paste skills to deliver this vision. Great innit?

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#42 Post by frank1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:04 am

Nice job. If the government were to build a stadium at the rail site, personally i would prefer a stadium with a roof that could open and close like telstra dome in melbourne. :P

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#43 Post by Cruise » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 am

I don't think i would want a stadium that looks exactly the same as the one in Perth lol

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#44 Post by Wayno » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:29 am

Cruise wrote:I don't think i would want a stadium that looks exactly the same as the one in Perth lol
Cloning Perth's stadium would save multi-millions on architect plans for our stadium - just paint it a different colour! anyone know where they keep the blueprints?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#45 Post by Edgar » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:10 pm

Wayno wrote:
Cruise wrote:I don't think i would want a stadium that looks exactly the same as the one in Perth lol
Cloning Perth's stadium would save multi-millions on architect plans for our stadium - just paint it a different colour! anyone know where they keep the blueprints?
I would rather spend the multi-million dollars on the architectural plans than to be a cheap copycats.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.