T-Way/Busway service for southern hills?...

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

T-Way/Busway service for southern hills?...

#1 Post by jimmy_2486 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:22 am

Ive been hearing ideas for the tonsley line to be extended (and possible track duplication) to serve as a southern hills Heavy Rail link into the city for the buses coming from flaggy/happy valley/woodcroft way to a possible Bedford Park interchange. Commuters would hop off the buses at Bedford Park, and onto the extended and upgraded Tonsley service.

On that topic, I have wondered if designing a T-Way/Busway for the southern hills suburbs would be beneficial? It would probably involve starting at Noarlunga Center, and pass through Woodcroft Town Centre, Happy Valley Shops, and The Hub, then terminating at a new Bedford Park interchange (That links onto an extended tonsley line)???

I have added Noarlunga Center in as it could also be used to provide a fast link from the Southern hills to Noarlunga, as well as Southern hills commuters to the city. Buses with a fair bit of grunt will also be needed to ensure fast speeds through the hills.

For info on how T-Way's work in Sydney, visit this site.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-way and feel free to add your own maps/designs, i will try to get a map up ASAP on possible routes etc.