#VIS: Inner-City Stadium/Riverbank Precinct

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Cruise
Banned
Banned

Re: #VIS: Inner-City Stadium/Riverbank Precinct

#526 Post by Cruise » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Why would you have a fund for a new stadium and at the same time waste money upgrading Adelaide Oval to host AFL games for a couple of years?

Wouldn't it be better of having the new stadium fund and continuing to play AFL at Footy Park until there is enough money for the new stadium?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#527 Post by Norman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 am

Get set for AAMI's mega makeover
MICHELANGELO RUCCI, CHIEF FOOTBALL WRITER
August 25, 2008 12:30am

A MASTER plan for the multimillion-dollar redevelopment of AAMI Stadium will be released in December, the SANFL revealed yesterday.

And the league's persistence with the West Lakes arena as the home of football – along with the State Government's $100 million grant for the redevelopment project – has been vindicated by The Advertiser Footy Fans Survey.

The annual online poll – the biggest in SA, with 3519 respondents this year – reveals strong support for AAMI Stadium. Almost four in five South Australians regard AAMI Stadium as a fair or good venue. Fewer than 20 per cent consider the 34-year-old arena to be "poor".

Crows fans are most approving – 45.4 per cent rate the venue as "good", 39.5 per cent as "fair" and only 12.5 per cent as "poor". Port Adelaide supporters have emphasised they feel the stadium is presented more as the Crows' home venue than their ground. Only 28 per cent of Power fans rate AAMI Stadium as "good" while 46.3 per cent rate it as "fair".

The survey also found a majority of Crows and Power fans – 45.2 and 48.1 per cent respectively – did not support a new city-based arena if it meant an increase in ticket prices, as at Melbourne's Telstra Dome.

Also telling is that a majority – 58.8 per cent – prefer to watch an AFL match live at the venue rather than on a direct telecast.

Only 28.9 per cent of respondents said live telecasts had prompted them to attend fewer games at West Lakes this year.

SANFL chief executive Leigh Whicker yesterday said The Advertiser survey "vindicates our decision to stay at West Lakes".

"And by the start of the 2011 AFL season, when the redevelopment of AAMI Stadium is complete, the approval rating for the venue will be higher again," said Mr Whicker.

"By December we will have a master plan detailing the biggest redevelopment of the venue since it was opened in 1974."

The Advertiser Footy Fans Survey also revealed:

MORE than half of respondents – 54.5 per cent – do not want Monday night football to return when the AFL expands to 18 teams.

HALF do not believe the AFL is ready to expand to the Gold Coast in 2011 and to western Sydney in 2012.

SIXTY-ONE per cent remain strong advocates of state-of-origin football.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#528 Post by Wayno » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:52 am

The annual online poll – the biggest in SA, with 3519 respondents this year – reveals strong support for AAMI Stadium. Almost four in five South Australians regard AAMI Stadium as a fair or good venue. Fewer than 20 per cent consider the 34-year-old arena to be "poor".
80+% approve :shock: who are these people? and what survey are they referring to?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#529 Post by Cruise » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:49 am

Wayno wrote:
80+% approve :shock: who are these people? and what survey are they referring to?
Yeah i'd say they surveyed all the SANFL board members to get that answer.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#530 Post by Just build it » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:09 pm

It takes a 'special' type of person to fill in Advertiser surveys and post them off so I'm not surprised by the result in the least. :roll:

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#531 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:42 pm

I would also like to know how the questions were worded.

I mean if someone had only asked, how would you describe AAMI? But then went on to ask in another question, would you prefer AAMI to an inner city stadium? I think the results would be different. Most people don't mind AAMI as a venue (that is survey filling out morons), but I think a lot of them would still prefer inner city VS AAMI

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#532 Post by Norman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Detailed results of the Footy Fans survey is here: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/pdf/ ... esults.pdf

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#533 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:55 pm

"How does AAMI stadium rate as an AFL venue?

Would you support a new inner city stadium if the ticket price rose?"

WOW, very insightful Advertiser.

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#534 Post by adam73837 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:16 pm

The post that was once here was not meant to be seen by human eyes.
Last edited by adam73837 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#535 Post by Cruise » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:29 pm

chillax adam

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#536 Post by Wayno » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:39 pm

41.4% of survey respondents said AAMI was "fair", i don't think this can be interpreted as being supportive towards AAMI. My 10yo kid could have written a better survey than that. Idiots.

Also interesting how women and 50+yo people are more in favour of AAMI than others! I can understand 50+yo, as they have probably been going their for 20years. Old habits die hard...
aami-survey.JPG
aami-survey.JPG (74.5 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Crisp
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#537 Post by Crisp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Gutter trash journalism!

Mike Rann / Leigh Wicker you are both pathetic and have screwed over your city. What a joke – just another reason for a skilled young person to leave Adelaide!

Our only hope will be when the baby boomers drop off.

Then maybe - we could resemble something other a run down retirement village.

This won't be world class, but then again the people surveyed wouldn't know what class is.

Had enough of this rubbish!

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#538 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:21 pm

I'll say it time and time again... I don't want a new stadium tomorrow, in a year or even 5 years from now. I do, however, want vision. And you Mr Whicker (Rann et al) have none.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#539 Post by monotonehell » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 pm

adam73837 wrote:... Huge Noisy Rant...
Adam could you stop posting torrents of abuse and start thinking about how you can contribute to this community?

I understand that you feel passionately about issues but please be civil in future.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#540 Post by Just build it » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Even with the way they worded the second question posted above (Q10) "...with higher ticket prices", look at the results from the two younger demographics. Even on a survey AAMI itself is gushing over as a fantastic result the majority of under 35's think AAMIs had it's day and would pay more for a better experience in the city.