#VIS: Inner-City Stadium/Riverbank Precinct

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

Re: #VIS: Inner-City Stadium/Riverbank Precinct

#541 Post by adam73837 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:30 pm

monotonehell wrote:
adam73837 wrote:... Huge Noisy Rant...
Adam could you stop posting torrents of abuse and start thinking about how you can contribute to this community?

I understand that you feel passionately about issues but please be civil in future.
Will try. :D However when I see that kind of... stuff :D that Whicker produces, it really makes my blood boil and I'm sure it makes yours do so as well.
Once again, I will try not to use such torrents of abuse next time.
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#542 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:53 pm

And fucking derr to the person who said the people younger who were happy to pay increased prices for tickets. I should have seen that too!

It's about the youth you stupid dinosaurs.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#543 Post by Just build it » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 pm

cruel_world00 wrote:And fucking derr to the person who said the people younger who were happy to pay increased prices for tickets. I should have seen that too!

In English?

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#544 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Just build it wrote:
cruel_world00 wrote:And fucking derr to the person who said the people younger who were happy to pay increased prices for tickets. I should have seen that too!

In English?

Sorry, I was kinda typing as I was speaking/thinking that. I meant that I was an idiot for not seeing the facts about the younger demographics not being worried about increased prices in lieu of a new stadium. I stand by my dinosaur comment (to Whicker & Co.)

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#545 Post by Just build it » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Ahhh OK. I thought you were calling me a derrr but I couldn't work out why???!!!! :lol:

It's all good.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#546 Post by Will » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 pm

I would suggest to the moderators to close this thread for a few days to allow the people posting to calm down. At the moment this thread has degenerated into a childish name calling contest which is completely innapropriate for this forum.

This forum was established as a haven for (ex)SSC members whom did not want to participate in such crap but rather partake in mature adult contemporary discussion!

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#547 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:53 pm

Will wrote:I would suggest to the moderators to close this thread for a few days to allow the people posting to calm down. At the moment this thread has degenerated into a childish name calling contest which is completely innapropriate for this forum.

This forum was established as a haven for (ex)SSC members whom did not want to participate in such crap but rather partake in mature adult contemporary discussion!

Oh come on. There was a misunderstanding (albeit I did mention that Whicker was a dinosaur.) The rest was pretty harmless. :(

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#548 Post by Just build it » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:59 pm

I agree with keeping it open, its not that bad a thread. In fact it's pretty funny. This site isn't a Government department and there's plenty of other threads for one to be deadly serious in. :mrgreen:

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#549 Post by Professor » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:28 am

It makes me wonder how many people have actually been to Adelaide oval.

It is such a great venue - much better than concrete pillars. The Cathedral at one end, the city skyline the other. It is a great venue that many interstate and overseas people admire - why are we so worried about another competing venue near the city? It's only sport for God's sake.

With the extension of the entertainment centre, the additions to Adelaide oval (to take it to 55,000) and the AFL extensions at Football Park, what's the big deal? Football park is 20 only minutes drive away. Beware the "bread and circus" trap.

I would rather see more $$$ go into other public infrastructure like public schools and hospitals, but that will not happen, as is the case around Australia. At least we are getting some roads built in Adelaide and the CBD is active at last.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#550 Post by cruel_world00 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:07 am

Professor wrote:It makes me wonder how many people have actually been to Adelaide oval.

It is such a great venue - much better than concrete pillars. The Cathedral at one end, the city skyline the other. It is a great venue that many interstate and overseas people admire - why are we so worried about another competing venue near the city? It's only sport for God's sake.

With the extension of the entertainment centre, the additions to Adelaide oval (to take it to 55,000) and the AFL extensions at Football Park, what's the big deal? Football park is 20 only minutes drive away. Beware the "bread and circus" trap.

I would rather see more $$$ go into other public infrastructure like public schools and hospitals, but that will not happen, as is the case around Australia. At least we are getting some roads built in Adelaide and the CBD is active at last.

You answered your own question.

"Football park is only a 20 minute DRIVE away"

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#551 Post by Pikey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:37 am

Dum dum dum, dum dum, another one bites the dust.....

Say bye bye now, until the shit stops, mmmmkay?
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#552 Post by Pikey » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:12 pm

OK, any more personal attacks or shit slinging, and this thread gets permanently deleted.

An article thanks to Rogue:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 94,00.html
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#553 Post by omada » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:13 am

This thread is classic, good for a laugh, a never ending, self perpetuating cycle - Footie Park v New Stadium.. keep it going guys!

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#554 Post by adam73837 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Hmmm... very interesting.
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

sageru
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#555 Post by sageru » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:51 pm

What happened to this thread?
It's disappointing it kinda fell off the face of the Earth after a whole bunch of name calling.
Does anybody on SA still support an inner city stadium?
Financially I can't see how it could be any worse than a new hospital, when do hospitals ever make money?
It's also rather strange for the government, so insistent on revitalising the west end, to dump a whole bunch of sick people there.