Why 9.00 to 5.00?

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Why 9.00 to 5.00?

#16 Post by Norman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Pat28 wrote:
Norman wrote:
cheaper fees on transport out on normal rush hours
They already do that, although they should implement Interpeak tickets before 7am and after 7pm.
Maybe even on weekends?
Yes, that too.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#17 Post by monotonehell » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Pat28 wrote:
Norman wrote:
cheaper fees on transport out on normal rush hours
They already do that, although they should implement Interpeak tickets before 7am and after 7pm.
Maybe even on weekends?
Not sure about weekends but this idea came up a few weeks ago. One of the MPs from one of the minor parties. She suggested to encourage people to spread the rush hour to the CBD over a greater period of time, that it be cheaper to catch PT before 8am. I thought it was a great idea, but loads of people on S-A posted that they thought it was ridiculous due to completely narrow minded and selfish reasons.

And Cruise, thanks for the Dolly Parton interlude, I already had the song in my head from the title of the thread. :lol:
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#18 Post by Norman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:55 pm

monotonehell wrote:And Cruise, thanks for the Dolly Parton interlude, I already had the song in my head from the title of the thread. :lol:
Oh, grow down :lol:

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#19 Post by monotonehell » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Norman wrote:
monotonehell wrote:And Cruise, thanks for the Dolly Parton interlude, I already had the song in my head from the title of the thread. :lol:
Ach ruhig, meine kleine rotte kartoffel!

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#20 Post by Norman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:03 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Norman wrote:
Ach ruhig, meine kleine rotte kartoffel!
Nein. Ich sage was ich will.

Ich habe gerade gegessen und bin voll mit Energie. Genug Energie die Adelaide Stadtbahn anzutreiben.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#21 Post by monotonehell » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Norman wrote:Nein. Ich sage was ich will.

Ich habe gerade gegessen und bin voll mit Energie. Genug Energie die Adelaide Stadtbahn anzutreiben.
I really doubt that. Although imagining you red and sweaty pushing the tram down KWS is an image that will keep me amused for hours. ;)

Since I'm on flexitime I've started going to work earlier. So Dolly's song for me goes:
Working eight to four,
What a way to earn a livin'

My centre services the whole of Australia so we have staff online from 7am until 7:30pm. It's the same in places like AGL's inbound call centre down on Greenhill Road and the like. So what some of you are suggesting already happens, at least in service oriented centres.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#22 Post by Cruise » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:42 pm

monotonehell wrote:
And Cruise, thanks for the Dolly Parton interlude, I already had the song in my head from the title of the thread. :lol:
Did that video make you remember Anaheim at all Mono?

also, some of us don't speak German. care to translate? lol

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#23 Post by Cruise » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:50 pm

From babelfish....
monotonehell wrote:Ach ruhig, meine kleine rotte kartoffel!
Oh calmly, my small rots potato
Norman wrote: Nein. Ich sage was ich will.

No. I say which I want. I ate and am full straight with energy. To propel enough energy the Adelaide metropolitan railway

WTF?

Pat28
High Rise Poster!

#24 Post by Pat28 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:50 pm

Cruise wrote:From babelfish....
monotonehell wrote:Ach ruhig, meine kleine rotte kartoffel!
Oh calmly, my small rots potato
Norman wrote: Nein. Ich sage was ich will.

No. I say which I want. I ate and am full straight with energy. To propel enough energy the Adelaide metropolitan railway

WTF?
Richtige Uebersetzen: Oh crap, my small red potatoes
No, I say what i want
I have already eaten, and i am full with energy. Enough energy to go on Adelaide Railways.

Ach sehr Lustig
Warum warum warum, ich habe das dieses ist einen Australischer Forum fuer den Englischen Sprache gedacht! Verdammt wer von ihnen koennen nicht deutsch sprechen? Entschuldigung mit meinen schleckt grammatik.
Besser Verkehr in den Bergen

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#25 Post by Norman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:11 pm

You guys just suck :lol:

No, I say what I want.

I have just eaten and am full of energy. Enough energy to power the Adelaide Metro.

:D

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#26 Post by monotonehell » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:23 am

Norman wrote:You guys just suck :lol:

No, I say what I want.

I have just eaten and am full of energy. Enough energy to power the Adelaide Metro.

:D
Talk about lost in translation LOL! You guys, Bablefish sucks. I just ran what we said through Google and it has it 100% correct.

Cruise: I didn't watch the video, I only listened to it while I read the rest of the thread. I just watched it and it looks decidedly East Coast (those idiots in Florida have no idea how to run a theme park ;) )

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#27 Post by Shuz » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:49 am

Has anyone ever heard of Universal Time? It's a concept where the entire world would be set on a default time (in line with the Greenwich Meridian) and is supposed to be beneficial for business operations. Adelaide is GMT+930 ahead of the Greenwich, so if the Universal time pratice was adopted - it would simply mean a change of time to when we wake up, eat, work, study, etc. Now most of you are probably going 'are you absolutely mad?' but I should just reiterate, its merely changing the time, not the when the sun rises and sets, etc. Londoners would have the benefit of not adopting the changes - sun rising at 0700, working at 0900, etc. For us, we would simply be moving the time +0930 ahead. So the sun would rise at 1630, we would start work at 1830, etc. Businesses would much prefer to operate universally, and would provide good incentive for them to relocate here.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#28 Post by monotonehell » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Shuz wrote:Has anyone ever heard of Universal Time? It's a concept where the entire world would be set on a default time (in line with the Greenwich Meridian) and is supposed to be beneficial for business operations. Adelaide is GMT+930 ahead of the Greenwich, so if the Universal time pratice was adopted - it would simply mean a change of time to when we wake up, eat, work, study, etc. Now most of you are probably going 'are you absolutely mad?' but I should just reiterate, its merely changing the time, not the when the sun rises and sets, etc. Londoners would have the benefit of not adopting the changes - sun rising at 0700, working at 0900, etc. For us, we would simply be moving the time +0930 ahead. So the sun would rise at 1630, we would start work at 1830, etc. Businesses would much prefer to operate universally, and would provide good incentive for them to relocate here.
Wut?
How would that change anything? Just putting a different label on 3am doesn't mean that people in Adelaide will be awake and working. In fact that will make things harder. Right now if you want to ring London around their lunchtime you know that it would be around 12 midday their time. You can work out the difference in the time zones and ring at the appropriate time.

Under UTC you'd need to know what time Londoners have lunch. Way more complicated and silly. Time is relative to when the sun is overhead your part of the World. No need to mess with that. The only adjustments that are necessary are to group regions into timezones so that they can all work together on the nearest hour (it was invented to help make the trains run on time in the US). I'm of the opinion that we should slide into the Eastern States' timezone as being on a half hour (+9.5) is awkward. We are one of only three places in the World that isn't aligned to the nearest hour. It's petty.

The Internet runs on UTC, since local time is a physical thing while the Internet is a virtual thing that crosses all kinds of physical boundaries.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#29 Post by Cruise » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:28 pm

We need to switch to metric time.

The wiki article about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_time

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#30 Post by monotonehell » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Cruise wrote:We need to switch to metric time.

The wiki article about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_time
Mwahahah *lubs*