#VIS: Brittania Roundabout upgrade

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Brittania Roundabout proposed upgrade

#16 Post by Aidan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:28 am

zap brannigan wrote:
cruel_world00 wrote:Ben Dineen's facebook status (Labor candidate for Bragg)

"Ben Dineen Is calculating how much earlier he would have to leave to get to work if the libs put traffic lights at Britannia Roundabout. 10minutes? 15minutes? It's a bad policy that will disadvantage 50 000 commuters every day."
i think the traffic lights would only operate during peak periods to help clear any chocked roads.
If done correctly, traffic lights will save a lot of time. The way Britannia Roundabout is set up at the moment, only single vehicles can enter it, whereas traffic lights would be able to handle platoons.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

drsmith
Legendary Member!

Re: Brittania Roundabout proposed upgrade

#17 Post by drsmith » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:59 am

zap brannigan wrote:
drsmith wrote:
Straze wrote:The Liberal Party has pledged to start works at the five-way bottleneck within 12 months and to have the project finished by 2013.
That's a 2-year construction period. An overpass constructed via incremental launch can be completed in less time than that (all-be it more costly).
an overpass would be very unsightly since it is the leafy eastern suburbs where all the bananas in pyjamas live.
My point was directed more at the length of the construction time than the promotion of an overpass.

In WA it's estimated to take about 18 months to build this,

http://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/Building ... H-Roe.aspx

which from what I can tell includes the construction of 6 bridges (4 over Great Eastern Highway and duplication of two others).