#VIS The Adelaide Carparklands

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: #VIS The Adelaide Carparklands

#16 Post by Nort » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Westside wrote:The worst part was that he actually got paid for those thoughts (and very well too may I add)!
Satire and parody can do a good job of shining light on things taken for granted.

So often drivers in Adelaide complain about the CBD traffic that it is taken for granted that more needs to be done for road users in the CBD, without it being considered that the reason for the problem is that it is so easy to drive into and park in the CBD.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#17 Post by HiTouch » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:40 am

Nort wrote:
Westside wrote:The worst part was that he actually got paid for those thoughts (and very well too may I add)!
Satire and parody can do a good job of shining light on things taken for granted.

So often drivers in Adelaide complain about the CBD traffic that it is taken for granted that more needs to be done for road users in the CBD, without it being considered that the reason for the problem is that it is so easy to drive into and park in the CBD.
Sorry I don't understand, do you mean that road users want more carparks in the city?

Do you think it's a good idea then?

Nort

#18 Post by Nort » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:51 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Nort wrote:

Sorry I don't understand, do you mean that road users want more carparks in the city?

Do you think it's a good idea then?
Not at all a good idea. CBD road traffic is about as perfect an example of induced demand you can get. The easier it is made to drive into and through the CBD the more people will do it.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#19 Post by HeapsGood » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:39 pm

What about if we could also have a double use for the carparklands, like the world's biggest drive in cinema? 8)
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Llessur2002

#20 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Nort wrote:Not at all a good idea. CBD road traffic is about as perfect an example of induced demand you can get. The easier it is made to drive into and through the CBD the more people will do it.
The easier it is, the harder it is. The harder it is, the easier it is.

Makes sense to me.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#21 Post by HiTouch » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:13 am

HeapsGood wrote:What about if we could also have a double use for the carparklands, like the world's biggest drive in cinema? 8)
Drive In Cinemas are so underrated. If done with the right marketting, they could honestly turn out fantastic. If they replaced that pesky Memorial Torrens Parade Ground with a Drive-in Cinema, big bucks would come.

[Shuz]

#22 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:06 am

How tacky. No.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#23 Post by Alyx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:12 pm

[Shuz] wrote:How tacky. No.
I thought the same, but then I realised which thread I was in...