Vision : West Terrace

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Vision : West Terrace

#16 Post by Howie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm

dbl96 wrote:
[Shuz] wrote:
Waewick wrote:quite frankly one of the more unrealistic of all the dreamings we go through at the moment.

you do need roads in cities, West Terrace is always going to be that major arterial - it just needs to be improved a little (Goodwood Rd, ANZAC highway intergration - I'd even suggest making South Terrace a dead end or oneway off West terrace.
West Terrace is always going to be a busy road, however, it could easily do away with at least with four lanes - making it only 3x3 each direction if the Goodwood Road traffic were diverted into Morphett Street - they had the right idea in the MATS 1968 plan.
I would be interested to know where i might be able to read the MATS Plan in its entirity, not just the routes of the major freeways, but all the minor amendments such as this goodwood road one you just mentioned.

Thankyou
If you manage to find it, can you send me a copy? I wouldn't mind hosting it here at S-A for prosperity.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Vision : West Terrace

#17 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:56 pm

An electronic copy (PDF) isn't available, yet.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.