#Video: Trilogy Tower (Brisbane)

Discussion on developments interstate and overseas.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#Video: Trilogy Tower (Brisbane)

#1 Post by Howie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:13 pm

I found this from Joely's signature.

Thought it was a pretty sleek ad for Trilogy Tower in Brisbane.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: #Video: Trilogy Tower (Brisbane)

#2 Post by monotonehell » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:43 am

What a tonne of wank. :wank: Seriously, the development might be a good idea but the video is so over the top it doesn't help their cause much. If they used less marketing wank and a more realistic presentation they might get more interest from investors.

They've used almost all the cliche`s:
  • It's totally done in black and white.
  • Stupidly grand audio track.
  • I don't know who wrote that copy but whenever I hear the words "...will change ... forever" all i can think of is a soap opera advert.
"Embedding disabled by request" you'll need to link to it if you want to watch it. Unless our protests on Youtube are listened to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2epMZwCf1cc
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by Joely » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:29 am

I somewhat agree with you how it's a little overthetop, but I really do think Trilogy will live up to everything that was said in that video. It will definitely be an iconic building for Brisbane and therefore I think big and grand marketing such as this is appropriate. There is another video similar to this one advertising Vision Tower, another massive tower which is under construction at the moment. I could understand the silliness of this kind of advertising if it was used for a small insignificant building pretending to be something it's not, but given the size and importance of Trilogy and Vision, they deserve big grand ads. Plus I guarantee if this building was approved for Adelaide you would be drooling at the mouth after viewing that video :wink:

Btw, Trilogy Tower is my future home! :mrgreen: Well we hope atleast.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by monotonehell » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:08 am

Joely wrote:...Plus I guarantee if this building was approved for Adelaide you would be drooling at the mouth after viewing that video :wink: ...
You fail to comprehend the girth of my cynicism ;) If something like that was planned for Adelaide AND had a wanky advert, I'd line up with the NIMBYs ;)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.