Adelaide Motorsport Festival

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
spiller
High Rise Poster!

Adelaide Motorsport Festival

#1 Post by spiller » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:01 pm

the adelaide motorsport festival has a full website up and running now and are accepting entries!

Day 1 is going to be a windy point hill climb and day two is a sprint format around the vic park clipsal section. Apparently 12 ex-F1 cars have been confirmed. I entered into the hill climb, hoping to have my application accepted!

http://www.adelaidemotorsportfestival.com.au/

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

Re: adelaide motorsport festival

#2 Post by Phantom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Oh hell yeah!

That''s brilliant! I'm glad this didn't end up as only a pipedream and nothing more!
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: adelaide motorsport festival

#3 Post by Howie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Good stuff i'm down.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Adelaide Motorsport Festival

#4 Post by Wayno » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:47 pm

http://www.adelaidemotorsportfestival.c ... -/mainPage

Tickets for the 2015 event are now on sale. Oct 17-18. Only $40
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

spiller
High Rise Poster!

#5 Post by spiller » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:20 pm

I took part in the Vic Park Sprint last year and have entered again for 2016. Moved to November this year. It was a huge event and very well run.

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by SouthAussie94 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 pm

The organiser's have released this video in the lead up to this years event..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU5W1gFApiQ[/youtube]
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#7 Post by rev » Mon May 27, 2019 7:18 pm

State Liberal government has pulled funding and cancelled this now.

Add that to the Fashion Festival.

How many more will they cut?

History repeating it self I sense.
It was Liberals who axed the GP, and Victoria took it over.
The past summer there was an article complaining that the vics are stealing mad march from us, because they called their march festival period as mad march too.
Now we have the liberals again cutting events.

Nice while it lasted I guess.
So when we vote Labor back in for another 15 years of government, what do you all think they'll be able to create or do to replace what the Liberals are destroying again?

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#8 Post by SBD » Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 pm

rev wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:18 pm
State Liberal government has pulled funding and cancelled this now.

Add that to the Fashion Festival.

How many more will they cut?

History repeating it self I sense.
It was Liberals who axed the GP, and Victoria took it over.
The past summer there was an article complaining that the vics are stealing mad march from us, because they called their march festival period as mad march too.
Now we have the liberals again cutting events.

Nice while it lasted I guess.
So when we vote Labor back in for another 15 years of government, what do you all think they'll be able to create or do to replace what the Liberals are destroying again?
The Advertiser says that the state government has pulled funding on the Victoria Park Sprint, but that two street parties and the Shannons Adelaide Rally are confirmed to still go ahead.

ghs

#9 Post by ghs » Wed May 29, 2019 1:20 pm

I agree with Marshall cutting the funding to the fashion and motorsport festivals. Neither of them are bring
in toursists from interstate. If they're not bring tourists in then why should the government support them ?

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#10 Post by SRW » Wed May 29, 2019 2:10 pm

ghs wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:20 pm
I agree with Marshall cutting the funding to the fashion and motorsport festivals. Neither of them are bring
in toursists from interstate. If they're not bring tourists in then why should the government support them ?
It's a pretty parsimonious view by this government with respect to the Adelaide Fashion Festival, which at least has an array of private sector sponsors and the positive effect of amplifying local industry nationally. Hopefully it'll be able to continue in some form.
Keep Adelaide Weird

ghs

#11 Post by ghs » Wed May 29, 2019 2:41 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:10 pm
ghs wrote:
It's a pretty parsimonious view by this government with respect to the Adelaide Fashion Festival, which at least has an array of private sector sponsors and the positive effect of amplifying local industry nationally. Hopefully it'll be able to continue in some form.
1) what the F is Parsimonious ????

2) If the Adelaide fashion festival as you say has so much going for it then it should be able to continue without government funding.

3) The state government already provides significant amount to the fringe festival and adelaide festival. The funding has to stop somewhere.

[Shuz]

#12 Post by [Shuz] » Wed May 29, 2019 3:23 pm

parsimonious
/ˌpɑːsɪˈməʊnɪəs/
adjective
very unwilling to spend money or use resources.
"even the parsimonious Joe paid for drinks all round"
synonyms: mean, miserly, niggardly, close-fisted, penny-pinching, cheese-paring, ungenerous, penurious, illiberal, close, grasping, scrooge-like, stinting, sparing, frugal;
Sounds a lot like you, ghs.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#13 Post by rev » Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 am

ghs wrote:
Now I know in your one dimensional brain it doesn't mean anything as there's no dirt and mud for you to roll around in, but it's a forum for local designers to showcase their designs and products and get national attention, heck even aspiring local models can be recognized and launch their careers. It can lead to job creation, it can lead to putting Adelaide on the map with regards to design and fashion.

These festivals and events, big or small, help support local jobs in a variety of industries as well.
But you would know even less about that.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#14 Post by HiTouch » Thu May 30, 2019 2:22 pm

rev wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 am
ghs wrote:
Now I know in your one dimensional brain it doesn't mean anything as there's no dirt and mud for you to roll around in, but it's a forum for local designers to showcase their designs and products and get national attention, heck even aspiring local models can be recognized and launch their careers. It can lead to job creation, it can lead to putting Adelaide on the map with regards to design and fashion.

These festivals and events, big or small, help support local jobs in a variety of industries as well.
Every time ghs posts something (no matter how much I disagree with it), I think it’s so interesting that 90% of the time, it’s followed by a bland opinion or insult from rev. It’s almost like you have a notification alert when ghs posts.
You are like a 12 year old girl who picks on a boy because they secretly like him.

Ho Really

#15 Post by Ho Really » Thu May 30, 2019 10:19 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:22 pm
rev wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 am
ghs wrote:

Every time ghs posts something (no matter how much I disagree with it), I think it’s so interesting that 90% of the time, it’s followed by a bland opinion or insult from rev. It’s almost like you have a notification alert when ghs posts.
You are like a 12 year old girl who picks on a boy because they secretly like him.
On this forum we need both ghs and rev to speak their minds. What kind of bland forum do you want?

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.