Development Locations Map

Anything to do with the running of the website. (e.g. Suggestions, bugs, etc)
AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Development Locations Map

#1 Post by AG » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:57 pm

Although this may sound very difficult, it may be helpful for newer members who aren't familiar with developments to draw maps and dot out the locations where significant buildings or infrastructure projects are underway, number them and list them with their number on the side. There would be one for the CBD definetely, and maybe one of the metropolitan area later. It would have to be updated now and then. We used to have one of these on SSC, but it's been abandoned for a few years.

Finding a map would be the first thing.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2 Post by Howie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:02 pm

If there was a way we could automate some of it that would be great. I've been meaning to play with some geographical information systems, but haven't looked into what's available for the web. But i love the idea.. i reckon it'll be a major feature of the site. When i get a bit more free time i'll look into what's available.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by skyliner » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:15 pm

Working on one of these development maps now. I had not found one on this site. As stated by Howie, newer members and those who do not live in the city will have a much better isea of what is going on. It will also show developmental trends and shifts across the city.

I intend to delineate (for the CBD only),
A. Office development
B. Resi development.
C. Under construction at Jan. 2007
D. Proposed as at Jan 2007
E. Approved as at JAN 2007
F. Building heights.

Any assistance greatly appreciated as I live in Brisbane and rely on my knowledge of the city coupled with info from this site. Some accuracy errors may result due to these factors used together. My email is [email protected].

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Will » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:45 am

On Emporis, they have recently introduced a google earth style map under each building.

If people are unsure about the location of any of Adelaide's existing or new buildings, visiting Emporis is an alternative.