Sensational-?

Anything to do with the running of the website. (e.g. Suggestions, bugs, etc)

What should the website be run under?

Sensational-Adelaide
95%
Sensational-SA
5%

Total votes: 21

Shuz
Banned
Banned

Sensational-?

#1 Post by Shuz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:46 am

I have noticed that this website has a greater focus on regional developments, and will do so with the mining boom in foresight. I feel that the Sensational-Adelaide name is a misleading interpretation of SA as a city-state, and that it should be promoted to emcompass the broader populace of SA and not just the citizens of Adelaide (who, yes do make up 1.2m of the states 1.5m population)

Thus I suggest the website should be renamed simply to Sensational-SA?

Thoughts?

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

Re: Sensational-?

#2 Post by muzzamo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:53 am

I love the name sensational adelaide... i say we keep it. It doesn't matter if there is also regional stuff on here too

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by Edgar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Our main focus is still the overall Adelaide developments itself, so I say we keep it, although there is a seperate section for regional developments.

Thanks for bringing that to our awareness though.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Howie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:52 pm

I hear what you're saying Shuz. The focus has primarily been on our capital in the past, and I think it will be for a long time as we need to keep the focus on creating a bigger and better capital city - a capital that people interstate will think hey I wouldn't mind moving down to Adelaide to work/live, and young people will say hey I'll stay in Adelaide as I reckon it has a bright future.

That's still the primary goal of our site, to highlight the best Adelaide has to offer people - whilst not trying to do too much else and diluting the message we're trying to get across.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by Will » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:24 pm

Sensational-SA does not roll off the tongue as nicely as Sensational-Adelaide, but additionally we primarily focus on the city, so with this in mind I think a change of name is not warranted.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#6 Post by Shuz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:36 pm

Personally, I prefer Sensational-Adelaide, I'm much more of a city-state advocate, but I was just curious to know how others would take to the response.

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

#7 Post by stelaras » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:57 pm

for me i vote for keeping it as is..Sensational-Adelaide

However, we can play on words or in this case characters and highlight the S in Sensational and the A in Adelaide. To many it wont be noticed but subliminally (if im using the right term) the SA will stand out. Therefore killing two birds with the one stone

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#8 Post by Shuz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:24 pm

stelaras wrote:for me i vote for keeping it as is..Sensational-Adelaide

However, we can play on words or in this case characters and highlight the S in Sensational and the A in Adelaide. To many it wont be noticed but subliminally (if im using the right term) the SA will stand out. Therefore killing two birds with the one stone
Subliminal techniques are a very effective way of promoting a marketable product, and this website could benefit greatly from that using the principle Steleras has mentioned. I favour his idea.

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by Paulns » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:44 am

stelaras wrote:However, we can play on words or in this case characters and highlight the S in Sensational and the A in Adelaide. To many it wont be noticed but subliminally (if im using the right term) the SA will stand out. Therefore killing two birds with the one stone
Hey that's a good idea, but I say still keep the name as Sensational Adelaide!!
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#10 Post by Wayno » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:09 am

so who's going to design the official S-A tshirt? should contain the Logo, web url, and an elevator pitch
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#11 Post by jk1237 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:58 am

I like the name Sensational-Adelaide, caus if you highlight and enlargen the letters S and A, it stands for South Australia also :)