About Us...

Anything to do with the running of the website. (e.g. Suggestions, bugs, etc)
Maximus
Legendary Member!

About Us...

#1 Post by Maximus » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:18 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's any "About Us" (or similar) link on the site. I know it might be obvious to existing members, but when I first stumbled upon this site it did take me a few minutes to work out exactly what the whole point of it all was. Obviously we're a forum website about Adelaide, but that could probably mean many different things.

May I suggest an "About Us" link on the front page with a short spiel, something along the lines of: "Sensational Adelaide is a website dedicated to providing a forum for web users to discuss current developments and other happenings in Adelaide. Whilst our focus is usually on construction in the CBD area, members are free to give their opinions on almost any aspect of life in the capital of South Australia." Maybe add a few comments about general posting rules, we're a friendly community, etc, etc.
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: About Us...

#2 Post by monotonehell » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Click on User Control Panel above, then profile and edit profile - anything you fill in occupation and interests should then come up on your public profile.

EDIT: You know I read through your entire post, and completely failed to grasp even the slightest idea of what you meant :oops: I think I've been tech support of too many forums :lol:
Last edited by monotonehell on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by Howie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Good idea.. i might throw one up, after we get this submission out of the way.

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#4 Post by Maximus » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:14 am

I hadn't noticed you'd put this up already... Only one day after I suggested it. Top stuff, Howie.

EDIT: I just read through the entire ACC Submission thread and realised that Wayno et al were discussing an 'About Us' wording at almost exactly the same time as I proposed it here...! Great minds!
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5 Post by Wayno » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Maximus wrote:I hadn't noticed you'd put this up already... Only one day after I suggested it. Top stuff, Howie.

EDIT: I just read through the entire ACC Submission thread and realised that Wayno et al were discussing an 'About Us' wording at almost exactly the same time as I proposed it here...! Great minds!
yep, great minds. An About Us page is always a good introduction to new members, and excellent timing wrt the ACC submission document!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.