Introduction Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Introduction Thread

#211 Post by Norman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:03 am

Welcome We hope you enjoy your stay in Adelaide, and look forward to hearing your insights and opinions.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#212 Post by HiTouch » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Harryleo wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:16 pm
Hi, Everyone, it's me, Myself Harry from the UK. I am a new member here and will like to increase my friend list with the help of this board. Joining communities these days becomes trends and people love to condensate with each other in free time. I have a joined this board for talking about travel. This is my passion and love to make my free time to memorize trough this always. Anyone like to say welcome me here?
Hi Harry!!
Welcome to the forum!! It's awesome to have you here. Here at sensational-adelaide, we are all about making sure you feel welcome and are informed of the local developments in Adelaide. Certain people are passionate about certain things and have certain quirks about them.

Pikey is the Einstein of developments, Ben is the detective in the CBD, Scooter Guy is a North East Metro Whizzz, Norman is Mr Railway, SBD is Auto McRoads, Rev is the dreamer, TimTam is the Raphael (the teenage mutant ninja turtles kind) and Shuz is the bandit who got out of jail, but everyone reports to Howie who is the king of all developments. To get to him, you need to go through crawf and Wayno who really are the 2ics.

CharlSx
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#213 Post by CharlSx » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster here.

A little about myself,

My name is Charl and I’ve been living in Adelaide since I was 8 years old. I’m originally from Pretoria, South Africa but my parents wanted a better life for me and my two brothers. We lived in Perth for around 8 months with some family and then my dad got a job here in Adelaide. I’ve been back home a couple of times but my home town is Adelaide and I love it here.

I’m currently in year 12, I’m heavily involved in my schools LGBTQ alliance program, I play tennis and I’m also a swimmer. I hope that when I leave school I can study architecture, city planning or cartography. I also love aviation and quite often you’ll find me plane spotting with a camera in hand ^__^

Please be gentle with me!

Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#214 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Welcome to the forum! :)

Neko Neko Peko Peko
Gold-Member ;)

#215 Post by Neko Neko Peko Peko » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

I wish to introduce myself. I have often been checking out this website over the past 6 years to keep a track of what has been happening in Adelaide and finally decided to join a few months ago to express my opinion over future and happening projects in this brilliant city.

I am a Graduate of Architecture, having lived in Adelaide my whole life and have a vision for the future of this city. I understand Adelaide has a special place in Australia as being a more laid back city, however I believe it has so much potential to become a competitive booming city with a greater skyline while retaining its charm. As a young professional, beginning his career, I am currently both excited over the major projects happening, and frustrated over the regulations and stinginess that seem to slow us down or replace an opportunity with something cheap and bland.

I look forward to seeing you around.

Kind regards,
NNPP.

Ho Really

#216 Post by Ho Really » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:24 am

Welcome to the forum Neko Neko Peko Peko. We'll be looking forward to your professional input as an architect (and of course, your love for this city).

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

TheCrown1
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#217 Post by TheCrown1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:59 am

G'day my name is Joe, I am an Urban Planner from Melbourne. Never been to Adelaide in my 28 year of living, but gonna make the trip over summer with the misso. I'm a mark for all things development Urban development thus why I am on this forum. I am hoping to start a property development venture in the next three years here in the Melbourne and Geelong market.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#218 Post by Ben » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:03 am

Welcome and thanks for taking an interest in our city. We hope you enjoy it during your visit.

BeckyTranh
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#219 Post by BeckyTranh » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi Forum

My name is Becky. I am currently studying Urban and Regional Planning at UNISA. I have interests in suburban design, transport infrastructure and shopping precincts. Before I start what forums would accommodate suburban design and shopping centres. Mainly discussion and speculation.

Thanks.

ChillyPhilly

#220 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:27 pm

Welcome, Becky!

I too did the degree.

There are various forums that can accommodate your planning interests. You'll find general suburban design in Metropolitan Development or General Development Discussion. Shopping centres, depending on where they are located, can be found in these forums as well.

Enjoy your time here!
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Curls
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#221 Post by Curls » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:45 pm

Hi everyone,

New forum member (and Victorian) here.

Over Easter my wife and I visited Adelaide for the first time and we absolutely loved it.

We currently live on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria but previously spent a few years living in Brisbane.. We have been planning a move back to Brisbane for a while now but we enjoyed our time in Adelaide so much that we are also considering it as a potential option.. Which is why I have joined the forum.

We explored the city and visited a few other places but I’d really like to learn more about the city and chat with people who live (or have lived) there for long periods of time.

I enjoyed our time in Adelaide a little more than my wife (she still has a soft spot for Brisbane) but we haven’t been in Brisbane for a few years now, we have some flights booked to visit there in a few months and I can’t wait to see how we feel about it after having had such a great time in Adelaide.

Thanks for reading!

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#222 Post by Howie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:18 pm

Great to hear mate! Hopefully you got to check out the wonderful wineries few minutes outside of the city.

It’s still an easy commute city - best way to explore is just to grab a car and drive 10-15 minutes in any direction.

Ho Really

#223 Post by Ho Really » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Curls wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:45 pm
Hi everyone,

Over Easter my wife and I visited Adelaide for the first time and we absolutely loved it.

We currently live on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria [...]
Welcome to the forum. Country Victorians are the best. They see things differently and appreciate Adelaide more. Good onya.
[...] we enjoyed our time in Adelaide so much that we are also considering it as a potential option. [...}
That's great. There's a lot of people out there that rubbish Adelaide. Some here (not exclusively on this forum) that leave because they think the place is boring, backward etc. There are many more interstate who think the same, but after they've visited and tallied all its positives, they find it isn't a bad place to settle down. Of course Adelaide is not perfect, no city in the world is, but it is slowly getting there with its infrastructure (which we here think is unfortunate). So it's good you're enquiring and giving Adelaide a go. Hope all turns out well for you and the other half. All the best.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#224 Post by HiTouch » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:46 pm
Curls wrote:
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the forum. Country Victorians are the best. They see things differently and appreciate Adelaide more. Good onya.
[...] we enjoyed our time in Adelaide so much that we are also considering it as a potential option. [...}
That's great. There's a lot of people out there that rubbish Adelaide. Some here (not exclusively on this forum) that leave because they think the place is boring, backward etc. There are many more interstate who think the same, but after they've visited and tallied all its positives, they find it isn't a bad place to settle down. Of course Adelaide is not perfect, no city in the world is, but it is slowly getting there with its infrastructure (which we here think is unfortunate). So it's good you're enquiring and giving Adelaide a go. Hope all turns out well for you and the other half. All the best.

Cheers
No Ho. It's not that we find this place boring or backward, we know Adelaide's potential and settling for rubbish developments are whats holding this awesome city back. Welcome Curls, I for one am glad you are on this forum. There are a few loose cannons on this forum, you'll figure out who.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#225 Post by HiTouch » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:37 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:46 pm
Curls wrote:
Hi everyone,

Cheers
No Ho. It's not that we find this place boring or backward, we know Adelaide's potential and settling for rubbish developments are whats holding this awesome city back. Welcome Curls, I for one am glad you are on this forum. There are a few loose cannons on this forum, you'll figure out who.