SA State Election 2022

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.

Which political party will you vote for at the 2022 South Australian State Election?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:42 pm

Liberal
13%
Labor
50%
Greens
20%
Nationals
No votes
SA Best / Centre Alliance
No votes
One Nation
3%
United Australia Party
No votes
Independent / Other
13%

Total votes: 30

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

Re: SA State Election 2022

#16 Post by Jaymz » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:28 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:36 pm
From my experience with family living in Tokyo, most traffic issues are solved with good public transport and well-utilised regional centres. Neither of which we have. Elizabeth, Port Adelaide and Noarlunga are the most under-utlised spaces and neither party has a plan for them. In fact, unless Mali brings back the tram plan, I expect nothing worthwhile out of this election.

The difference between Tokyo and Adelaide is pretty obvious, one has a population of 13 million and the other has 1.3 million. As a city's population increases, so does their need for a well functioning public transport system. Adelaide has been the slowest growing major capital city for the past 30 years, so I guess the need for a better public transport system is not at the top of any Govt's agenda. We still get by pretty well in the good ol' automobile.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#17 Post by HiTouch » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:10 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:28 pm
HiTouch wrote:
From my experience with family living in Tokyo, most traffic issues are solved with good public transport and well-utilised regional centres. Neither of which we have. Elizabeth, Port Adelaide and Noarlunga are the most under-utlised spaces and neither party has a plan for them. In fact, unless Mali brings back the tram plan, I expect nothing worthwhile out of this election.

The difference between Tokyo and Adelaide is pretty obvious, one has a population of 13 million and the other has 1.3 million. As a city's population increases, so does their need for a well functioning public transport system. Adelaide has been the slowest growing major capital city for the past 30 years, so I guess the need for a better public transport system is not at the top of any Govt's agenda. We still get by pretty well in the good ol' automobile.
The size may be different, but the concept works in any region regardless of population. I emphasize in saying good public transport and well-utilised regional centres should go hand-in-hand. You wouldn't use an automobile as often with well utilised regional centres and good public transport reduces commute. It will solve most issues regarding traffic and spread investment and jobs into areas where they are needed. (A.k.a. places like Salisbury and Elizabeth).

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#18 Post by SBD » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:11 pm

There seem to be a number of electorates that Liberal call "marginal" and Labor call "safe Liberal". The key is that they are currently represented by independents (often but not always disaffected ex-liberals) or at risk of falling to them. Labor seems to think the "fix" is better ambulance services, especially in these areas. As far as I can tell, the ambulances are effectively getting patients to the hospital door - the "problem" is either too many patients or a bottleneck inside the hospital somewhere. Malinauskas is clearly trying to distance himself from "old Labor" so that the "Transforming Health" failures are not his.

Many of these same electorates are screaming for improved transport infratructure. Mount Barker seems to be confused about whether it is an outer suburb (so needs better commuter services to the Adelaide CBD) or a separate city (so needs better medical and other infrastructure separate from Adelaide). Nobody has yet mentioned the KPMG "Short South" option of a new freeway from south of Mount Barker to somewhere near Edwardstown. It could feed traffic from Murray Bridge and Melbourne into the North-South Motorway tunnels with a gentler downhill grade than the current South Eastern Freeway, and provide an alternate high-volume route from Mount Barker and the southern Adelaide Hills in bushfire evacuation emergencies. I now live far enough away that I don't know what the community attitudes would be towards this from any of the areas it would pass through.

It would be good to see a visionary plan for future energy supply. Increased use of electric vehicles requires increased availability of electricity, and Torrens Island power station is already in the process of shutting down at the end of its life. There have been statements about hydrogen as a future energy, and indeed making it is a good sink for excess renewable energy. Perhaps there need to be incentives for new investment in building an Australian-designed, built and owned hydrogen-powered vehicle industry - heavy vehicles, not just passenger cars. SA has high-tech and heavy-engineering companies, but they need some incentive, security and coordination to get together and do something new.

Nort

#19 Post by Nort » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:20 am

Jaymz wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:28 pm
HiTouch wrote:

Good Public Transport is notoriously difficult and expensive to retrofit into built up urban environments. The time to set aside space and build lines is as early as possible so that the urban development that builds around it can use it.

1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

#20 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:56 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:36 pm
What's with the fixation of trams in this forum? I like them as much as the next person, but it seems like a tram extension is all that's needed to win the vote for ppl in here.
It's a concrete policy that people understand. Saying "I'm going to build a tram to X" is more believable than "I'm going to fix the healthcare system".

Vasco
High Rise Poster!

#21 Post by Vasco » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:51 am

1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Jaymz wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:36 pm
What's with the fixation of trams in this forum? I like them as much as the next person, but it seems like a tram extension is all that's needed to win the vote for ppl in here.
It's a concrete policy that people understand. Saying "I'm going to build a tram to X" is more believable than "I'm going to fix the healthcare system".
Much more tangible also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#22 Post by rev » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:21 pm

Here's the parties registered in SA for state elections. Thank God that Clive Palmers UAP is nowhere to be seen.
https://ecsa.sa.gov.au/parties-and-cand ... al-parties

I'll be putting the two majors, as well as the Greens and Nationals last.
The rest will be filled with the minors.
We need more independents and minor parties in both houses of parliament.

The Animal Justice Party.
https://sa.animaljusticeparty.org/our_campaigns

Family First Party
https://familyfirstparty.org.au/

SA Best
https://sabest.org.au/

One Nation
https://www.onenation.org.au/

Liberal Democrats
https://www.ldp.org.au/election_sa
Some of their policies align with some of the other small parties.

Hemp Party
https://australianhempparty.com/

Shooters, Fishers, Farmers Party
https://www.shootersfishersandfarmers.o ... membership

Real Change SA
https://realchangesa.com.au/policies/
This is our former DPP, and he has the backing of one of the wealthiest in the state, Theo Maras.

Not sure if the below are running? They're registered though.

Advance SA
https://advancesaparty.com.au
Website doesn't work.

Child Protection Party
https://childprotection.party/

Australian Family Party
https://australianfamilyparty.org.au/

Sustainable Australia Party
https://www.sustainableaustralia.org.au/sa2022

ghs

#23 Post by ghs » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:03 pm

Coming into the federal and state elections it's looking more and more likely that we will see a labor government at federal level and a liberal
government here in South Australia. Surely under this scenario, South Australia will get very little support from the federal government. Labor
doesn't like to spend on defence. Final nail in the coffin for SA.

[Shuz]

#24 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:29 pm

Way off. Labor at both levels, by a landslide.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nort

#25 Post by Nort » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:39 pm

ghs wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:03 pm
Coming into the federal and state elections it's looking more and more likely that we will see a labor government at federal level and a liberal
government here in South Australia. Surely under this scenario, South Australia will get very little support from the federal government. Labor
doesn't like to spend on defence. Final nail in the coffin for SA.
I think there's more chance of a Liberal win at the state election than people think, but Labor is definitely ahead in polling. What leads you to this conclusion?

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#26 Post by Jaymz » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:10 pm

I've been away from Adelaide for only a few days and I have to say i'm very disappointed to see some of the election placards placed around the city since then.... Steven Marshalls face imposed on a rat, or the name Marshall replacing a cigarette brand (Marlboro). Also very controversial for a party leader to put up posters of themselves in a seat they're not even contesting. Here's hoping the S.A public are smarter than these gutter politics.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#27 Post by Jaymz » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:27 pm

I'd also say that vandalising public property, i.e Ambulances is also illegal. I can't say i'd go and scribe my grievances on a wall or window on the property of my employer.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#28 Post by gnrc_louis » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:16 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:10 pm
I've been away from Adelaide for only a few days and I have to say i'm very disappointed to see some of the election placards placed around the city since then.... Steven Marshalls face imposed on a rat, or the name Marshall replacing a cigarette brand (Marlboro). Also very controversial for a party leader to put up posters of themselves in a seat they're not even contesting. Here's hoping the S.A public are smarter than these gutter politics.
Gutter politics? lol these corflutes are pretty beige in the scheme of things, nothing overly new and pretty placid compared to what's happening at a Federal level, where the Prime Minister and Defence Minister are currently making accusations about the Opposition being the "preferred choice" of the CCP.

Explain what is "controversial" about it exactly? It's just called running a presidential style campaign, that's been done plenty of times before in Australian politics - both State and Federally. Most recent example is Morrison at the 2019 Federal Election.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#29 Post by Jaymz » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:52 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:16 pm
Jaymz wrote:
Gutter politics? lol these corflutes are pretty beige in the scheme of things, nothing overly new and pretty placid compared to what's happening at a Federal level, where the Prime Minister and Defence Minister are currently making accusations about the Opposition being the "preferred choice" of the CCP.

Explain what is "controversial" about it exactly? It's just called running a presidential style campaign, that's been done plenty of times before in Australian politics - both State and Federally. Most recent example is Morrison at the 2019 Federal Election.

Haha, you lost me at "corflutes"

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#30 Post by gnrc_louis » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:15 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:52 pm
gnrc_louis wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:16 pm
Jaymz wrote:

Haha, you lost me at "corflutes"

They’re pretty much universally known as that, but as you wish.