Favourite loonies/oddballs of Adelaide

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

Re: Favourite loonies/oddballs of Adelaide

#31 Post by bmw boy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 pm

Diamondov wrote:
Mants wrote:there is also a friendly looking man who sells the big issue outside the myer centre almost everyday.
Are u talking about the guy who wears different random hats? Such as the sailor kind of one, or the elf style hat? He also has longish hair, tall, has about 4 magazines on a long folder thingy, and looks like an amish person. :?:
LOL ... me and my brother call that guy Amish .... I love his german hat with the feather

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#32 Post by Diamond » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:34 pm

bmw boy wrote:
Diamondov wrote:
Mants wrote:there is also a friendly looking man who sells the big issue outside the myer centre almost everyday.
Are u talking about the guy who wears different random hats? Such as the sailor kind of one, or the elf style hat? He also has longish hair, tall, has about 4 magazines on a long folder thingy, and looks like an amish person. :?:
...I love his german hat with the feather
Hehehe, yeah that's the hat I was trying to describe as the elf hat :oops:
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#33 Post by Diamond » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:39 pm

duke wrote: Has anyone ever spoken to the guy on the bike that goes *beep beep* ?
Haha no i haven't, but once I was walking alone in cloisters at Adelaide Uni about 2 years ago and he came up right behind me with his *beep beep*. Scared the absolute SHIT out of me!! :x :(

I think the other people in the area started chuckling :oops:

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#34 Post by Diamond » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:50 pm

duke wrote:Has anyone seen that short dude who always wears black and in winter a long trench coat?
He can often be seen walking around town between 12:30pm and 2:30pm.

Oh thats me! :P
Oh, and also...do you have blonde hair, a pony tail, usually wears sunglasses, and looks like something out of the matrix? If you match that description then I think you were in some of my lectures at uni in 05. I was doing an engineering course, if that helps.
...and if not, I feel like an ass! :lol:

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#35 Post by bmw boy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:03 pm

Well atleast we dont need to guess when speculating who you might be in rundel mall lol diamondov :lol:

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#36 Post by Diamond » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:59 pm

Here's another that just sprang to mind (btw, I'm really enjoying this thread :lol: )...

That rather obese guy with grey curly hair (probably 50 or so years old), fairly tall, and has a light beard/moustache & goatee
- he always sits in the same position at West Tce Hungry Jacks for hours on end (at the window seating in the corner)
- has his belongings spread across much of the table, does not restrict his eating to HJ's food (eg. you may see him eating a block of chocolate)
- enjoys the free HJ coffee refill policy (until recently of course where they amended the sign by hand, reading 'maximum of 5'..or something like that. And due to his abuse of the system of course!)
- he is almost always reading a newspaper or a street directory
- has a massive backpack
- ? homeless

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#37 Post by Norman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:00 am

There's always some Japanese guy that is wearing a multi-coloured jacket that comes into Target in Unley.

duke
High Rise Poster!

#38 Post by duke » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:10 am

Diamondov wrote: Oh, and also...do you have blonde hair, a pony tail, usually wears sunglasses, and looks like something out of the matrix? If you match that description then I think you were in some of my lectures at uni in 05. I was doing an engineering course, if that helps.
...and if not, I feel like an ass! :lol:

Nope not me.
I have red/brown or black hair depending if I have it dyed. Also no ponytail :)
Diamondov wrote:Here's another that just sprang to mind (btw, I'm really enjoying this thread :lol: )...

That rather obese guy with grey curly hair (probably 50 or so years old), fairly tall, and has a light beard/moustache & goatee
- he always sits in the same position at West Tce Hungry Jacks for hours on end (at the window seating in the corner)
Not sure if he is the same one or not. But there is this guy thats always in HJ's especially late on Fri/Sat nights. The one I know of is a volunteer in a nursing home. So I doubt he is homeless.

Mants
Legendary Member!

#39 Post by Mants » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Diamondov wrote:
bmw boy wrote:
Diamondov wrote:Are u talking about the guy who wears different random hats? Such as the sailor kind of one, or the elf style hat? He also has longish hair, tall, has about 4 magazines on a long folder thingy, and looks like an amish person. :?:
...I love his german hat with the feather
Hehehe, yeah that's the hat I was trying to describe as the elf hat :oops:
thats the one.

i saw him again today! he was by the pigs.

there is also the war veteran(?) who often gives out free bibles outside woolworths on rundle mall.

and theres this middle eastern looking teenager that is ALWAYS in town, and i mean always. he seems to spend more time in town than at school! hes usually down the king willy end of the mall abd around starbucks.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#40 Post by crawf » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:51 pm

Mants wrote:thats the one.

i saw him again today! he was by the pigs.

I ALWAYS see him, when I go down the mall, anyone even buy "the big issue" lol

What about the old guy dressed in dark clothes with the croaked leg, I have seen a few times hanging around the maccas at citicentre. My dad had a interesting experience last year when he came to Adelaide, he was sitting on the benches at the KWS end of the mall where this idiot was dancing around like a monkey and then clonked him on head with his shopping bag, it didn't hurt and my dad told him to f off, the guy just walked off lol

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#41 Post by bmw boy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:23 pm

Mants wrote: and theres this middle eastern looking teenager that is ALWAYS in town, and i mean always. he seems to spend more time in town than at school! hes usually down the king willy end of the mall abd around starbucks.
lol theres alot of Middle Eastern Looking teens in rundle mall all the time, can't say im familiar with the one you seem to be reffering to tho

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#42 Post by Diamond » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:44 pm

bmw boy wrote:
Mants wrote: and theres this middle eastern looking teenager that is ALWAYS in town, and i mean always. he seems to spend more time in town than at school! hes usually down the king willy end of the mall abd around starbucks.
lol theres alot of Middle Eastern Looking teens in rundle mall all the time, can't say im familiar with the one you seem to be reffering to tho
LOL, exactly what I was thinking. That would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack...there are shitloads of arab teens in rundle mall

Mants
Legendary Member!

#43 Post by Mants » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:30 pm

@crawf:
i have a friend who always buys the big issue. the monies raised aid the Adelaide homeless.

@Diamondov/bmw boy:
LOL i wish i could describe him better...
i think he always wears a school jacket with P*HS on it...possibly Pasadena HS?
but yea. haha. there do seem to be a lot of arab teenagers in the mall.

there are also a lot of asian teenagers who seem to hang around in big groups, especially the entrances to the myer centre. they seem to dominate the mall now. there are more of them than all the scene kids around the balls, GJs and HJs. scene kids annoy me, they think theyre all cool and rebellious, meh.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#44 Post by Norman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:31 pm

Diamondov wrote:
bmw boy wrote:
LOL, exactly what I was thinking. That would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack...there are shitloads of arab teens in rundle mall
Must be a Dubai thing :lol:

kittylin
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#45 Post by kittylin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:10 pm

By the way the wonky legged guy with the bag is quite nice and friendly. I guess he has cerebal palsy (spelling guess) which seems to scare a few people. And also, I dont know where all the natives have gone
Here is my collection for fashion girls. You will find the latest fashion here:^_^
women fashion blog
dresses blog