Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

Re: Beer Garden

#631 Post by peas_and_corn » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:39 pm

jk1237 wrote:
peas_and_corn wrote:
AtD wrote: More store selling? This combined with massive REM cuts in stores (St Agnes having a cut of 50% with another 50% cut coming in a couple weeks) is a little concerning...
What are REM cuts, Mr peas and corn
Sorry, rem= remuneration budget. For some reason it's always capitalised whenever I see it (though that could be because a lot of regional managers are semi-illiterate- I remember one who would leave long strings of commas between sentences instead of an ellipsis). I would imagine equivalent cuts would happen once all the self-checkouts have been rolled out.

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

YouTube videos & Copyright (was Bangarang)

#632 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:15 am

'Bangarang', yet my 1st YouTube video deleted by Sony Pictures! :evil:
And my 100th comment! :mrgreen:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

The Scooter Guy

#633 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:15 pm

LEFT 4 DEAD 2 REFUSED CLASSIFICATION:

THE sequel to a popular video game has been banned in Australia after failing to receive a rating of MA15+.
Left 4 Dead 2 was refused classification by the Classifications Board this week, meaning it will be banned from sale.
In its report the board said the game, due to be released in November, contained "realistic, frenetic and unrelenting violence".
"The game contains violence that is high in impact and is therefore unsuitable for persons under 18 years to play," the report said.
There is no adult rating for video games in Australia but there is in North America by the ERSB called AO18+. Any game that fails to meet the criteria for MA15+ is refused classification.
Gametraders national marketing manager Chad Polley said the decision was "hugely disappointing".
"Left 4 Dead 2 was expected to be even bigger than the original version," he said.
"We had huge predictions of sales."
At least one member of the Classifications Board disagreed with the decision.
"A minority of the board is of the opinion that the violence is strong in playing impact and therefore warrants an MA15+ classification," the report said.
Such a classification would have allowed the game to be sold in Australia.
Mr Polley said the decision highlighted the need to reform the rating system for games.
"We would love to see an R18+ rating introduced for more transparency around games," he said.
Earlier today distributor Electronic Arts told gaming blog Kotaku it was in discussions with the Office of Film and Literature Classification.
"(We) are still working through the submission process with the OFLC and want to explore all opportunities before making any comment," the company said.
Left 4 Dead 2 is the fourth title to be banned in Australia this year after strip poker game Sexy Poker, shooter Necrovision and role-playing game Risen.
Edited versions of Sexy Poker and Necrovision were both rated M after resubmission.
The plot of the original Left 4 Dead followed four survivors of a medical pandemic as they battled zombie-like victims. It received several end-of-year awards from gaming publications.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#634 Post by aceman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:24 pm

It's official!!!! aceman (and the rest of the family) IS MOVING BACK TO ADELAIDE IN NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't bloody wait!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sorry I can't contain my excitement!

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#635 Post by Wayno » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:56 pm

aceman wrote:It's official!!!! aceman (and the rest of the family) IS MOVING BACK TO ADELAIDE IN NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't bloody wait!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sorry I can't contain my excitement!
we welcome you back aceman and family :-)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#636 Post by aceman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks wayno, I can just imagine walking through marion or the mall and saying to the mrs, hey that wasn't there before we left or that's changed or what used to be there where that vacant land is. I will get to walk along the beach at Brighton and enjoy a beer on the esplanade just as summer starts.

I can't seem to be able to wipe the smile off my face. :D :D :D

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#637 Post by Wayno » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 pm

aceman wrote:Thanks wayno, I can just imagine walking through marion or the mall and saying to the mrs, hey that wasn't there before we left or that's changed or what used to be there where that vacant land is. I will get to walk along the beach at Brighton and enjoy a beer on the esplanade just as summer starts.

when did you last live in South Oz?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

The Scooter Guy

#638 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:27 pm

Here, I found 2 ads of Dazzleland on YouTube!

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#639 Post by aceman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Wayno wrote:
aceman wrote:Thanks wayno, I can just imagine walking through marion or the mall and saying to the mrs, hey that wasn't there before we left or that's changed or what used to be there where that vacant land is. I will get to walk along the beach at Brighton and enjoy a beer on the esplanade just as summer starts.

when did you last live in South Oz?
We moved to Canberra at the end of 2007 and have been longing to return as soon as we got here. But now my days here are numbered finally. :D :D :D :D

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#640 Post by Queen Anne » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:12 am

Congrats on your move aceman. George and I (and family) won't be far behind you - we're going home in January :D I also keep imagining walking along the beach - any one will do!!

I hope we don't see too much vacant land where stuff used to be though. Unless it was bad stuff I guess, lol.

Good luck with your move!

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#641 Post by aceman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 am

Thanks anna. yeah it's gonna be a pain in the backside but worth it. Canberra is such a dump of a place. The novelty of being here wore out after the first month. Adelaide has so much more, it's just the right size. Here we are stuck on ADSL1, the TV programming is crap (mainly referring to sport) Adelaide has so much more choice.

Half the time here you forget whether your in Canberra or Sydney as some of the news services are Sydney's.

Anyway lots to do in preperation for the move, luckily we are being financially compensated for it and there is no cost to us which sweetens the deal!!!

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#642 Post by Shuz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:41 am

I hope we don't see too much vacant land where stuff used to be though. Unless it was bad stuff I guess, lol.
No, but you'll see a lot of stuff where vacant land used to be, and it's mostly bad stuff - the groan of low-rise endless suburbia making its way on our city fringes. Very much "little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky tacky"...

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#643 Post by Queen Anne » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:50 am

^ Shuz, that reminds me of a passage I just saw on the back of a book George is reading, (The Architecture of Happiness, by Alain de Botton),

"We owe it to the fields that our houses will not be the inferiors of the virgin land they have replaced" Amen to that!

What is the "little boxes on the hilllside" quotation from? George is guessing a Pete Seeger song..

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#644 Post by Queen Anne » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:58 am

aceman wrote:Thanks anna. yeah it's gonna be a pain in the backside but worth it. Canberra is such a dump of a place. The novelty of being here wore out after the first month. Adelaide has so much more, it's just the right size. Here we are stuck on ADSL1, the TV programming is crap (mainly referring to sport) Adelaide has so much more choice.

Half the time here you forget whether your in Canberra or Sydney as some of the news services are Sydney's.

Anyway lots to do in preperation for the move, luckily we are being financially compensated for it and there is no cost to us which sweetens the deal!!!
I'm glad for you that you're being compensated for your move. Wish we were! And you're right about it being a pain! But, yes, worth it :) Even though I like Seattle and the US, I can't wait to get home. They're right, there really is no place like home, not to me anyway.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#645 Post by Shuz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:10 pm

I don't know who its sung by, but it's the theme song to the TV series Weeds. It's a very beautiful song I think, as it accurately depicts the misguided illusion of an outer suburban lifestyle, and the monotony it brings to its environment and respective communities.