Who actually does their grocery shopping in Rundle Mall?

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

Re: Who actually does their grocery shopping in Rundle Mall?

#16 Post by peas_and_corn » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Coles has pushed really hard that the Rundle store is leaning more towards convenience items and quick grab stuff- so salad tubs, quick meals that can be zapped in the staff room for lunch, and the items people grab 'on the way home from work' so obvious stuff like milk and other quick consumable items. I haven't been in the store to verify if it actually lives up to this claim, but that's what they are saying about it.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#17 Post by monotonehell » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:21 am

peas_and_corn wrote:Coles has pushed really hard that the Rundle store is leaning more towards convenience items and quick grab stuff- so salad tubs, quick meals that can be zapped in the staff room for lunch, and the items people grab 'on the way home from work' so obvious stuff like milk and other quick consumable items. I haven't been in the store to verify if it actually lives up to this claim, but that's what they are saying about it.
I've shopped there a few times and there seems to be no more or less of those kind of lines than any other Coles. They also have all the regular items.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#18 Post by AtD » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:15 pm

It's amazing how much your shopping habits change when you work right next to a supermarket. My former job was right next to a major Westfield. When we run out of something, I'd pick it up the next day. What's for dinner? Anything you want. The 'weekly shop' with the car and trolley happens only when we're throwing a party. :P

I really think it was a very smart move by Coles to have an entrance directly off Grenfell Street. There'll be a lot of city workers who will impulse "pop in to Coles to grab that one extra thing" only because they're walking past anyway, and then walk out with 20 items.