SA Economy

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Jaymz
Legendary Member!

Re: SA Economy

#556 Post by Jaymz » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:23 pm

Norman wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:46 pm
Quoting population data changes proves nothing about stopping the brain drain. It just means more people migrated to Adelaide and SA than left interstate. It doesn't specify the actual people who moved. For all we know, the people going out could be highly educated individuals and the people coming in could be retirees. Of course, the reverse could be true as well. This topic needs more analysis than just quoting population statistics.
Loving your lack of positivity Norman, you really are one of us after all :P

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#557 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:56 am

Wow, 60 people. You could fill one pub with after work drinks on a Friday.

The economy is booming!
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#558 Post by Jaymz » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:16 am

[Shuz] wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:56 am
Wow, 60 people. You could fill one pub with after work drinks on a Friday.

The economy is booming!
I really think you're missing the point. The fact there's currently no overseas migration and our population is hanging steady is quite significant.

If it wasn't for overseas immigration, S.A's population would've actually been in decline for the past 20-30 years. We've lost
tens of thousands of people to interstate migration during that time.

[Shuz]

#559 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:31 am

I really think you're missing the point. I was being sarcastic.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Waewick

#560 Post by Waewick » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:57 pm

Norman wrote:Quoting population data changes proves nothing about stopping the brain drain. It just means more people migrated to Adelaide and SA than left interstate. It doesn't specify the actual people who moved. For all we know, the people going out could be highly educated individuals and the people coming in could be retirees. Of course, the reverse could be true as well. This topic needs more analysis than just quoting population statistics.
I guess it's more of a saying.

I mean I'm sure we all know plenty of people who moved to QLD that wouldn't qualify as a brain drain.

But their numbers still pad out the saying

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk