Moving to Adelaide

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Davida
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Moving to Adelaide

#1 Post by Davida » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Hello friends, I'm a newbie from Germany, moving to Adelaide for further studies. To some friends around here it's kinda weird to see someone travel all the way to Australia for studies but to me it's a dream come through because I have really longed to have at least a semester (abroad) in Adelaide (my uncle studied in Australia and he keeps saying lots of good things about studying in Australia). I made up my mind to do this in one of the discussions I had with him while I was still in high school. Will be coming over in couple of weeks, although the school will arrange everything for me, I'll need to hang in a hostel/hotel for 5 to 7 days upon arrival. I will be landing in Sydney then switch to Adelaide after a night. I really need suggestions on budget hostels/hotels for young people in Adelaide; my uncle's friend recommended trivago but I truly need more options. I have also registered to other young people's forums in Adelaide to source for info. Really hoping to find something suitable soon. Thanks in advance :) .

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

Re: Moving to Adelaide

#2 Post by HeapsGood » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:59 am

Try YHA hostel in Adelaide, i hear it's good.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by Ben » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Hope you enjoy you stay in Adelaide. Most of us wouldn't have experinced a hostel in Adelaide as we live here and most of my mates from overseas have stayed with me so I can't help unfortunatly.

i would also suggest the YHA on Waymouth Stree as it looks pretty decent and is central to most things.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4 Post by claybro » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Willkommen in Adelaide David. :cheers: Just out of interest, how did you find this forum?

NOT HAPPY murdoch
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#5 Post by NOT HAPPY murdoch » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:24 am

Please remember if you move to Adelaide and think of having your newspaper delivered to your door, be aware that THE ADVERTISER/SUNDAY MAIL newspaper have hired a contractor 'CITY CIRCLE NEWSAGENCY ph:83713888' to deliver papers...and they deem it perfectly acceptable for their drivers TO CHOOSE WHOM THEY DELIVER TO, based on problems delivering your paper because they have to deliver in the dark, or drive a delivery vehicle which they can't operate in reverse gear and can not guarantee they can make it up and down a given driveway.
Rather than making your coffee and opening your door to NOT see paper...again .... just avoid all the trauma and give home delivery the big heave ho. For intelligent free news of what is happening in this world do what I have done and spend your reading time on SLASHDOT.ORG whilst sipping your freshly made coffee. THE ONION will have you starting the day with a smile.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#6 Post by wilkiebarkid » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:02 pm

NOT HAPPY murdoch wrote:Please remember if you move to Adelaide and think of having your newspaper delivered to your door, be aware that THE ADVERTISER/SUNDAY MAIL newspaper have hired a contractor 'CITY CIRCLE NEWSAGENCY ph:83713888' to deliver papers...and they deem it perfectly acceptable for their drivers TO CHOOSE WHOM THEY DELIVER TO, based on problems delivering your paper because they have to deliver in the dark, or drive a delivery vehicle which they can't operate in reverse gear and can not guarantee they can make it up and down a given driveway.
Rather than making your coffee and opening your door to NOT see paper...again .... just avoid all the trauma and give home delivery the big heave ho. For intelligent free news of what is happening in this world do what I have done and spend your reading time on SLASHDOT.ORG whilst sipping your freshly made coffee. THE ONION will have you starting the day with a smile.
Was this really necessary? It's an overseas student looking for accommodation. I'm sure they have no idea what you are on about!

serca
High Rise Poster!

#7 Post by serca » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:04 pm

wilkiebarkid wrote:
NOT HAPPY murdoch wrote:Please remember if you move to Adelaide and think of having your newspaper delivered to your door, be aware that THE ADVERTISER/SUNDAY MAIL newspaper have hired a contractor 'CITY CIRCLE NEWSAGENCY ph:83713888' to deliver papers...and they deem it perfectly acceptable for their drivers TO CHOOSE WHOM THEY DELIVER TO, based on problems delivering your paper because they have to deliver in the dark, or drive a delivery vehicle which they can't operate in reverse gear and can not guarantee they can make it up and down a given driveway.
Was this really necessary? It's an overseas student looking for accommodation. I'm sure they have no idea what you are on about!
Davida and NOTHAPPY murdoch may well be the same person, maybe even the only employee of SLASHDOT.ORG :sly:

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#8 Post by Waewick » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Or don't buy the newspaper no one else does here.