'FELIX THE CAT' on RUNDLE

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
kane
Sen-Rookie-Sational

'FELIX THE CAT' on RUNDLE

#1 Post by kane » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 pm

I've been on S.A. for years and loved this forum.

I am only 40, but remember well, down Rundle St, somewhere near where the NOVA now stands, across from the EXETER, a basketball court with FELIX THE CAT painted on the adjoining wall.

I know the word ICONIC is over used, but to me, this is.

Does anyone have any pics of Felix and the courts from the 80's and early 90's?

I love Rundle St, but would love to catch a glimpse of what I remember it was.

Please share, if you can..............

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: 'FELIX THE CAT' on RUNDLE

#2 Post by jk1237 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:14 am

aha, Im just old enough to remember the Rundle St basketball court when I was a youngster. It looked so cool with the graffiti, like something out of an American movie. It was quite artistic graffiti. I was in primary school we wanted to be like the people that hung out there :lol: Ive also tried to look for photos but can't find anything either. I also remember just nearby that old Turkish restaurant with the grumpy guy that used to do icecreams using a big stick. I think the current Jack London shop is where it used to be

arki
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by arki » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 am

jk1237 wrote:aha, Im just old enough to remember the Rundle St basketball court when I was a youngster. It looked so cool with the graffiti, like something out of an American movie. It was quite artistic graffiti. I was in primary school we wanted to be like the people that hung out there :lol: Ive also tried to look for photos but can't find anything either. I also remember just nearby that old Turkish restaurant with the grumpy guy that used to do icecreams using a big stick. I think the current Jack London shop is where it used to be
Do you mean Ottomans? Yes, it was where Jack London and Zimmerman now are (before they were 2 shops). Also the location of the Adelaide My Restaurant Rules restaurant. Fun fact; That Icecream guy now does the same thing on the main street of Broadbeach on the Gold Coast.

Just did a Google and this came up BTW:

seanslade
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#4 Post by seanslade » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:34 am

This is a few years lat but I painted those Felix murals plus the Cat in the Hat and another zTom & Jerry outside the Cargo Club... can’t seem to attach pics here tho. Glad you liked them.