Building Aircraft Warning Lights - Synchronised, but how?

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
jimbly
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Building Aircraft Warning Lights - Synchronised, but how?

#1 Post by jimbly » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:01 pm

The knowledge of Sensational Adelaide members is pretty impressive so I'm sure someone will know the answer to this.

On Friday I was at the Palais on the Torrens with the amazing backdrop of (amongst others) the UniSA and Adelaide Uni Medical buildings on North Terrace and very impressive they are too.

And on top red aircraft warning lights...flashing...in synch...On separate buildings...

How does that work, some sort of radio signal? internet time server? - someone must know!

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

Re: Building Aircraft Warning Lights - Synchronised, but how?

#2 Post by HiTouch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:35 am

jimbly wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:01 pm
The knowledge of Sensational Adelaide members is pretty impressive so I'm sure someone will know the answer to this.

On Friday I was at the Palais on the Torrens with the amazing backdrop of (amongst others) the UniSA and Adelaide Uni Medical buildings on North Terrace and very impressive they are too.

And on top red aircraft warning lights...flashing...in synch...On separate buildings...

How does that work, some sort of radio signal? internet time server? - someone must know!
Hi Jimbly,
Being the wisest of them all, I can tell you that in regards to airspace and the like, the Adelaide City Council will request things for certain developments in conjunction with the Adelaide Airport Traffic Control. Therefore the aircraft warning lights in sync that you see on UniSA and Adelaide Uni Medical buildings are likely lights installed by the ACC with the system also being in sync with the Adelaide Airport Traffic Control. I can send you a link if you'd like to know more.

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by Tonsley213 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:09 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:35 am
jimbly wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi Jimbly,
Being the wisest of them all, I can tell you that in regards to airspace and the like, the Adelaide City Council will request things for certain developments in conjunction with the Adelaide Airport Traffic Control. Therefore the aircraft warning lights in sync that you see on UniSA and Adelaide Uni Medical buildings are likely lights installed by the ACC with the system also being in sync with the Adelaide Airport Traffic Control. I can send you a link if you'd like to know more.

I'd love a link

Deostarat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#4 Post by Deostarat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:18 pm

I love it so much If it is useful and knowledgeable, then this is my first place to come.