I hope everyone is travelling well and getting through this.

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

I hope everyone is travelling well and getting through this.

#1 Post by Waewick » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:03 pm

I knowing times like this can be challenging, but I hope the forum is surviving.

If anything hopefully forums like this can provide an constructive outlet for all.

Good luck to all over the next 3 to 6 months.

Ho Really

Re: I hope everyone is travelling well and getting through this.

#2 Post by Ho Really » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Well, it will take more than a pesky virus to wipe S-A out. Together we will win and be stronger than before.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

ChillyPhilly

#3 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:26 pm

Hope the same for everyone.

Looking forward to a vaccine.

Here if anyone needs to vent or just talk.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#4 Post by rev » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Anyone feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms can now be tested for coronavirus over the next fortnight under an official COVID-19 testing “blitz” after South Australia recorded zero new cases.

The State Government announced on Wednesday a significant widening of SA’s world-leading testing regime.

Under new relaxed rules from Thursday, any person showing symptoms such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath can be tested.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... b07045b010

I suppose we should put everything in here instead of clogging up the Beer Garden..

I think we will see a spike in cases now.

SBD

#5 Post by SBD » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Anyone feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms can now be tested for coronavirus over the next fortnight under an official COVID-19 testing “blitz” after South Australia recorded zero new cases.

The State Government announced on Wednesday a significant widening of SA’s world-leading testing regime.

Under new relaxed rules from Thursday, any person showing symptoms such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath can be tested.

I suppose we should put everything in here instead of clogging up the Beer Garden..

We either get a spike in detected cases, presumably contacts of (asymptomatic or very mild) contacts of known cases, or we get a higher degree of confidence that the virus has been contained.

Hopefully, it is the latter, which is suggested by the fact that we are not getting a bunch of hospital cases that are not directly connected to existing known patients.

Nort

#6 Post by Nort » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:36 am

SBD wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:21 pm

We either get a spike in detected cases, presumably contacts of (asymptomatic or very mild) contacts of known cases, or we get a higher degree of confidence that the virus has been contained.

Hopefully, it is the latter, which is suggested by the fact that we are not getting a bunch of hospital cases that are not directly connected to existing known patients.
It's still very early days, but I have my fingers crossed on the chance that we have actually managed to contain it in SA. If we do manage to get to that point it would raise some really interesting options about tightly managing the state border and being able to open up more locally as a test case for the rest of the country.

rev

#7 Post by rev » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:47 am

Expect an announcement this week or next regarding the state border.

Philip_Green
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#8 Post by Philip_Green » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:35 pm

:D YA LIFE IS ALL ABOUT TRAVELLING
if we want or not but we have to travel
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by crawf » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Couple of days ago we didn't see this coming :o

Think this is the right move, go hard now. So what's everyone planning to do for next 6 days or more?

Ho Really

#10 Post by Ho Really » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:46 pm

Get pissed? :cheers:

Cheers

rev

#11 Post by rev » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:24 pm

crawf wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:33 pm
Couple of days ago we didn't see this coming :o

Think this is the right move, go hard now. So what's everyone planning to do for next 6 days or more?
If people paid attention and read between the lines of what the premier was saying, they would have realized this was a strong possibility of happening.

What do I plan on doing? Not a great deal.

Does anyone know if they will put everyone on the same $1500/weekly payments or whatever the amount was like they did with Melbourne? Especially if this drags on beyond 6 days.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#12 Post by jk1237 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:57 pm

not looking forward to this

however I still have to go into head office which I walk to, so Im wondering if the police will come past and ask where Im going?

Llessur2002

#13 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:08 pm

Nothing much changes for me really - have been WFH since March so that will continue. Won't be able to take the kids out but we're lucky to have a nice back garden with play equipment etc so they'll be good for six days. No childcare so that'll make things a bit busier on the days when that would normally be scheduled but that's about the worst of it really. Have got plenty of DIY to be getting on with if time allows but it generally doesn't at the best of times...

Ho Really

#14 Post by Ho Really » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:46 pm

You should be fine jk1237. Of course it depends what job you are doing if it is one of those deemed necessary. Anyhow, we're not a police state yet. So pray we don't get to that point and that these six days go with no more infections/transmissions.

Great you get to see your kids at home Llessur2002. Hopefully it is a blessing in disguise.

My remark about getting pissed was in sarcasm. I've got to be sober as I'm a carer. No time for partying even at best of times.

Cheers

rev

#15 Post by rev » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Wow, just wow. So it turns out people that we are in lockdown because a migrant worker lied about being a customer at the Woodville Pizza Bar, when the truth is he is a worker there. That small difference spiralled the situation, sent authorities into a state of emergency and panic, and they locked us down in less then 24 hours at midnight on Wednesday.

The pizza bar worker was working there off the books, being paid cash by the owner.
The worker was also security at the Peppers hotel where the outbreak originated, and is one of the 15 members of that family that sparked this all.

The police commissioner says that there wont be any penalty for the worker lying, or the employer a mr Soroush Norouzi who told him to lie, and causing untold economic damage to the state, and of course the untold toll on peoples mental health who may have already been struggling with mental health problems and were faced with a week long lockdown and the uncertainty of it perhaps being extended further like we saw in Melbourne.
Apparently it is not against the law to lie to the contact tracing teams from SA Health. I bet it will be soon now though.

Personally I think the state government should drag in the ATO and let the ATO butt fuck every single one of these clowns till they beg to be deported back to India. Any proceeds from the ATO's proceedings should go towards helping all the businesses that have lost tens of thousands of dollars in stock because of this, and there are many.

ps, his name/photo/etc are all information in the public domain on facebook and other social media that he chose to share.