SA Lockdown 3.0

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Post Reply
Message
Author
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5483
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Adelaide

SA Lockdown 3.0

#1 Post by crawf » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:59 pm

Lockdown, number 3.

Been pretty quiet on the forum this week. How's everyone going?
Last edited by crawf on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2802
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#2 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:02 am

Haven't run out of toot paper yet! :toilet:
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#3 Post by Nort » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:05 am

It's interesting this time how different things feel to the first lockdown last year. Back then there was a novelty and that real sense, cliched as it is, of how unprecedented it all was.

Now it's more just tedious, no sense of shock, and that feeling of "here we go again".

What I will say is that despite really not being a fan of the Liberals, I am super happy with how our State Government has handled this situation, mistakes have been made obviously, but they are being vrey practical about the realities of the situation. While NSW exploded in cases with Morrison and Gladys patting themselves on the back for not locking down "too early", it was very refreshing yesterday to hear Marshall reiterating that his governments view is that the best strategy is to lock down quick and hard, hopefully get on top of things and ultimately be able to have more freedom more quickly.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#4 Post by how good is he » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 am

I just feel sorry for the people waiting up to 8 or 9 hours to get tested...

User avatar
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4835
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:55 pm
Location: Adelaide
Contact:

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#5 Post by Howie » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:03 pm

14 hours for one of my mates :(

HiTouch
Legendary Member!
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#6 Post by HiTouch » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:25 am

I was 7 hours in the line and have to self isolate until thursday

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1984
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Kaurna Land.
Contact:

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#7 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:28 pm

Hindsight showing this lockdown probably wasn't completely necessary - at least not in its entirety.

Restrictions set for the week will continue to hamper hospitality and community sport, all of which has never been complicit in the spread. This is not a set of restrictions based on history or evidence, which is annoying.

However, it is good we haven't been as useless as Gladbag Binchicken and the Liberals in NSW. What a mess.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#8 Post by gnrc_louis » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:11 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:28 pm
Hindsight showing this lockdown probably wasn't completely necessary - at least not in its entirety.

Restrictions set for the week will continue to hamper hospitality and community sport, all of which has never been complicit in the spread. This is not a set of restrictions based on history or evidence, which is annoying.

However, it is good we haven't been as useless as Gladbag Binchicken and the Liberals in NSW. What a mess.
They possibly could've waited another 12 hours before making a decision I think. Have all the cases since the lockdown been people already in quarantine? I guess ultimately it's better to be cautious and jump the gun a bit, than end up with a NSW situation.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1898
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#9 Post by SBD » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:09 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:11 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:28 pm
Hindsight showing this lockdown probably wasn't completely necessary - at least not in its entirety.

Restrictions set for the week will continue to hamper hospitality and community sport, all of which has never been complicit in the spread. This is not a set of restrictions based on history or evidence, which is annoying.

However, it is good we haven't been as useless as Gladbag Binchicken and the Liberals in NSW. What a mess.
They possibly could've waited another 12 hours before making a decision I think. Have all the cases since the lockdown been people already in quarantine? I guess ultimately it's better to be cautious and jump the gun a bit, than end up with a NSW situation.
We now know which exposure sites did NOT result in any further virus spread. Imagine if every one of them had produced as many positive cases as two of them did!

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#10 Post by Nort » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:01 am

SBD wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:09 pm
gnrc_louis wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:11 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:28 pm
Hindsight showing this lockdown probably wasn't completely necessary - at least not in its entirety.

Restrictions set for the week will continue to hamper hospitality and community sport, all of which has never been complicit in the spread. This is not a set of restrictions based on history or evidence, which is annoying.

However, it is good we haven't been as useless as Gladbag Binchicken and the Liberals in NSW. What a mess.
They possibly could've waited another 12 hours before making a decision I think. Have all the cases since the lockdown been people already in quarantine? I guess ultimately it's better to be cautious and jump the gun a bit, than end up with a NSW situation.
We now know which exposure sites did NOT result in any further virus spread. Imagine if every one of them had produced as many positive cases as two of them did!
Exactly. Anyone who argues we didn't need as much of a lockdown because some sites didn't lead to cases is a bit like arguing after a fire that some parts of a building not burning means you didn't need to evacuate everyone.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3565
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#11 Post by Waewick » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:14 pm

I think the frustrating part about these lockdowns is mainly if we'd had the vaccines available they could have been avoided .


Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk


SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1898
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview

Re: SA Lockdown 3.0

#12 Post by SBD » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:36 am

Waewick wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:14 pm
I think the frustrating part about these lockdowns is mainly if we'd had the vaccines available they could have been avoided .


Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Maybe. I haven't heard how many (and which) of the infected carriers were vaccinated. I've had my vaccinations and tomorrow is the last day of my quarantine for having been in the wrong place when an infected person arrived. I know Dr Spurrier said she wanted to know vaccination status of people who were there and did not get infected, but I haven't seen the outcome.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests