News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#3496 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:23 pm

Snorkie wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 pm
Patrick_27 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:42 pm
Announced today, a $25m revamp of City X arcade.

I think we all suspected this since Makris Group sold the arcade, and considering how tired the whole building looks.

The plans look really good, however I'd have expected a mixed use/residential building above... Also, I don't understand why they've once again opted to hide the heritage building behind the facade on the Rundle Mall end.

https://glamadelaide.com.au/sheike-and- ... CpbDWMQwEg
According to their website there is a stage 2 consisting of commercial/hotel/apartments. I take it won’t see more concrete plans until the arcade is redeveloped. The taller, commercial tower looks to be ~130m-140m (if render is accurate). There is a good render on the desktop website, that I can’t see on my phone.

https://www.revelop.com.au/property/cit ... elaide-sa/
Those are old renders commissioned by Makris Group during the failed sale attempt for the arcade maybe 5/6 years ago. But it's promising that the website mentions there is still a Stage two in the mix. Although, I find it strange they would do all this work internally only to have to rip bits of it up again to make way for high-rise footings a little further down the track.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3497 Post by AG » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:10 pm

Probably worth noting that the City Cross sale by Makris included a couple of adjacent office/retail buildings around Grenfell Street. It's likely that these will form part of Stage 2, but the details are quite vague.

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#3498 Post by A-Town » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:45 pm

Even if it was (somewhat) recently refurbished, there's absolutely nothing special nor anything that stands out about City Cross. This new refurb brings some class and character, which I fully welcome.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3499 Post by SRW » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:00 am

James Place façade included, but not Gawler.
Keep Adelaide Weird

notmichaeljfox
High Rise Poster!

#3500 Post by notmichaeljfox » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:41 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:23 pm
Snorkie wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 pm
Patrick_27 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:42 pm
Announced today, a $25m revamp of City X arcade.

I think we all suspected this since Makris Group sold the arcade, and considering how tired the whole building looks.

The plans look really good, however I'd have expected a mixed use/residential building above... Also, I don't understand why they've once again opted to hide the heritage building behind the facade on the Rundle Mall end.

https://glamadelaide.com.au/sheike-and- ... CpbDWMQwEg
According to their website there is a stage 2 consisting of commercial/hotel/apartments. I take it won’t see more concrete plans until the arcade is redeveloped. The taller, commercial tower looks to be ~130m-140m (if render is accurate). There is a good render on the desktop website, that I can’t see on my phone.

https://www.revelop.com.au/property/cit ... elaide-sa/
Those are old renders commissioned by Makris Group during the failed sale attempt for the arcade maybe 5/6 years ago. But it's promising that the website mentions there is still a Stage two in the mix. Although, I find it strange they would do all this work internally only to have to rip bits of it up again to make way for high-rise footings a little further down the track.
Footings were put in during the last renovation.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#3501 Post by rev » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:33 pm

AG wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:10 pm
Probably worth noting that the City Cross sale by Makris included a couple of adjacent office/retail buildings around Grenfell Street. It's likely that these will form part of Stage 2, but the details are quite vague.
The website mentions 30,000+ sqm of commercial, 500+ apartments and 300+ room hotel.

Hopefully if that eventuates they do 2 towers.

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#3502 Post by AndyWelsh » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:44 pm

New Footlocker on Rundle Mall next to the temporary one:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#3503 Post by Allkai » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:47 am

As per todays Advertiser, Uniqlo to open in Rundle Mall in the fourth quarter of 2022.

Going to be in the Ground floor area of the Myer Centre, beneath Rebel Sport.

I can't picture the space, but would it be the 1000 square metres that the story says the store will occupy?
Last edited by Allkai on Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#3504 Post by gnrc_louis » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:30 am

Finally! Uniqlo is head and shoulders above H&M, Zara etc, great that they’ll have an Adelaide presence.

Llessur2002

#3505 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:38 am

Allkai wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:47 am
As per todays Advertiser, Uniqlo to open in Rundle Mall in the fourth quarter of 2022.

I can't picture the space, but would it be the 1000 square metres that the story says the store will occupy?
Awesome news!

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#3506 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:57 am

Allkai wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:47 am

Hooray - though my wallet shudders that I don't have to order my stuff online once this store opens!

Nathan

#3507 Post by Nathan » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:09 am

FINALLY!!

No more having to order online, or picking up stuff whenever I'm in Tokyo.

Now we just need Muji to follow suit.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3508 Post by crawf » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:55 am

FINALLY!
Uniqlo to unveil first store in South Australia
http://www.ragtrader.com.au/news/uniqlo ... -australia

Uniqlo Australia is set to open its first store in South Australia at the Myer Centre in Adelaide.

The retailer will open the 1000sqm space in the last quarter of 2022, which will bring its store count to 26 across Australia.

South Australia will be the fifth state Uniqlo has entered into in Australia, joining Victoria, New South Wales, Western Australia and Queensland.

The store will house the brand's full line-up of LifeWear apparel for men, women and kids, seasonal collaborations with designers such as JW Anderson, Christophe Lemaire and Jil Sander, as well as its UT (Uniqlo graphic T-shirt) range.

Uniqlo Australia COO Kensuke Suwa said the store comes after significant customer demand for a location in SA.

"Our South Australian customers have shown tremendous support since we arrived in Australia.

"This opening is not only a special milestone for the shoppers in the Myer Centre Adelaide, it is also for everyone at Uniqlo.

"Whenever we open a new store, we want to deliver the best possible Uniqlo and LifeWear experience for local customers.

"We worked hard to find the perfect location, and the Myer Centre Adelaide is a wonderful place that sets us up perfectly to put our best foot forward in South Australia," he said.

A spokesperson for Myer Centre Adelaide welcomed the announcement of the new store.

"We are pleased to welcome Uniqlo to Myer Centre Adelaide, and are excited to be home to the first Uniqlo store in South Australia.

"The addition of Uniqlo will further enhance the overall vibrancy of Myer Centre Adelaide and contribute to creating an unparalleled shopping experience for our customers.

"This is the second time that Uniqlo is partnering with Starhill Global REIT, which owns Myer Centre Adelaide.

"In 2018, Uniqlo opened its first store in Perth, Western Australia, at Plaza Arcade, which is also owned by Starhill Global REIT," the spokesperson said.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3509 Post by SRW » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:11 pm

Great news! They must surely be taking the space above too? I wonder if this means Lush is moving?
Keep Adelaide Weird

The Scooter Guy

#3510 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:00 pm

SRW wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:11 pm
Great news! They must surely be taking the space above too? I wonder if this means Lush is moving?
Not sure whether it'll be Level 2 (where Shoe Shed was) or Level 1 (where Rebel Sport is still trading until the new store opens).
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/