[COM] SA Water | 56m | 11lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #COM: SA Water | 56m | 12lvls | Office

#586 Post by UrbanSG » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 am

I'm not sure if my eyes were tricking me as I drove past this morning but it appears they have planted a whole lot of trees in the outdoor space being constructed to the north of the building. Looks great and green for now.

Not sure of the species of trees but they have only gone in very recently and right in the middle of a record breaking heatwave, what the hell???

I am guessing being associated with the SA Water building there will be recycled water used on this garden. However planting anything in the middle of an extreme heatwave just screams stupdity to me even if they are drought tolerant plants.

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

#587 Post by sam » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:01 am

I went on a tour of SA Water building yesterday.

Heap of photos here:
http://internect.net/SAWATERTOUR/

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#588 Post by Will » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 pm

This building keeps on winning awards.

From the Advertiser:
Big green house nets top award

Sarah Martin From: The Advertiser June 11, 2010 10:39AM

SA WATER House on Victoria Square was named the development of the year at last night's Property Council's annual award for innovation and excellence.
The six-green-star rated building received the Judge's Award for the South Australian development of the year in the Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation and Excellence Awards.

In announcing the winning development, Property Council SA executive director Nathan Paine praised the project team behind the building.

"To SA Water, Hassell Architects, Hansen Yuncken and the Catholic Church as landowner, this award is testament to commitment and a vision that survived the counter pressures of economic expediency to create a true long-term asset the whole state can enjoy and call their own," Mr Paine said.

This building has achieved a quality and functionality that continues to set a standard that epitomises Adelaide's energy and striving for excellence that does lead the nation.

The Conservatory on Hindmarsh Square development, developed by Hines Property, received a high commendation award.

A commendation award was given to Adelaide City Council for its Rundle Street integrated public art masterplan, which Mr Paine said would lead to a more vibrant and exciting East End.