[U/C] 57-69 Wyatt St | ~32m | 8lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: #Approved: 57-69 Wyatt St - 64m, 17 lvl Mixed Use

#61 Post by skyliner » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Shuz wrote:Rentals are at 1.0%, less actually. 0.8% I think was the true average figure.

Office vacancies are at about 4-5%?
(The Australian Aug 7th - in article called 'Office Leasing Dives in Slowdown' on P25).
Office vacancy level at 3.7% - still very low for Adelaide. After all, this is our reference point - not so much other cities, although all were in the same article. The comment made with it was there was not very much construction looming in the near future in Adelaide - not sure why if office space is so low and the expected mine demand is there (stated also in the same article). It DID say Adelaide and Sydney CBD's have the best longer term outlooks, ours due to the mines - about 30 pro/approved u/c and/or soon to start.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: #PRO: 57-69 Wyatt St | ~32m | 8lvls | Office

#62 Post by Just build it » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:37 pm

I can see why our immediate outlook is great for established owners of office space but not exactly great for skyline fans. Little new construction keeps demand solid making it easy to re-sign leases in B and C grade space and also keeps rents sky high for A grade. That said, we still have a trickle of buildings going up that have a medium skyline impact and are good for our density.

The only positive I can think of about a slow in new construction is that more C and B buildings get converted to A grade and some ugly buildings get an external makeover. God knows Adelaide has enough ugly '50s-'70s buildings to last a lifetime of conversions. :mrgreen:

I hate being negative but I'm also so sick of hearing about our 'mining boom'. It doesn't exist and isn't about to exist any time soon. It may arrive in 10 years from now but I'll believe it when I see it.

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#63 Post by frank1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Just build it wrote:I can see why our immediate outlook is great for established owners of office space but not exactly great for skyline fans. Little new construction keeps demand solid making it easy to re-sign leases in B and C grade space and also keeps rents sky high for A grade. That said, we still have a trickle of buildings going up that have a medium skyline impact and are good for our density.

The only positive I can think of about a slow in new construction is that more C and B buildings get converted to A grade and some ugly buildings get an external makeover. God knows Adelaide has enough ugly '50s-'70s buildings to last a lifetime of conversions. :mrgreen:

I hate being negative but I'm also so sick of hearing about our 'mining boom'. It doesn't exist and isn't about to exist any time soon. It may arrive in 10 years from now but I'll believe it when I see it.

Take it from me, a soon to be geologist, SA is finding and starting new mines. Over the next few years there will be about 5-6 new mines in operation. If your expecting a perth/brisbane type boom, then your probably right. They are only donig so well because of the skyrocketing iron ore and coal prices. SA is home to uranium, which eventually will become quite important and the price will reflect this. It's not all doom and gloom, your just thinking like a typical SA due to the state bank collapse.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#64 Post by Just build it » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:18 pm

I know there's plenty of mines but that doesn't mean squat until they're producing and providing royalties worth anything. WA's mines have been making incredible money for a decade yet Perth is only now planning for a new stadium or getting a new tallest (thanks only to BHP). Adelaide's mining 'boom' could start tomorrow and you won't see anything to show for it for many years unless the Government borrow against it which they won't because it scares the shit out of them. Now that's the real State Bank thinking.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#65 Post by Will » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 pm

I was having a look at the ACC website, and I discovered that the previous application for the 17 level building has not been withdrawn. Maybe I'm being a little optimistic, but it could be possible that the develoeprs may be looking at having 2 options for this site. It would give them the flexibility to proceed with either one option or another, depending on the market conditions. :idea:

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#66 Post by Just build it » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:04 am

Good find. That would be great if it still went up at 17 levels. Get the damn US Election out of the way and the US stabilised a little and things may pick up a bit and go our way with these developments.

white_goodman
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#67 Post by white_goodman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Just build it wrote:Good find. That would be great if it still went up at 17 levels. Get the damn US Election out of the way and the US stabilised a little and things may pick up a bit and go our way with these developments.
yeh its bloody george bushs fault that adleaide CBD projects arent going up....

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#68 Post by Just build it » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:56 pm

Yeah, George Bush... :roll:

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#69 Post by Will » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Our worst fears have been realised. The develoeprs behind this proposal have indeed decided to remove the residential components of this proposal, leaving behind only the office components.

Thye new proposal is for a 8 level building rising to 33m.

The development will come before the ACC DAP next Monday where it is expected to receive planning SUPPORT. However as this development exceeds $10 million, and in accordance with the removal of the ACC's powers to assess such projects, the final say regarding this development will be made by the state governemnt DAC. The support from the ACC DAP will be taken into consideration by the state government DAC.

The new proposal looks nice, but it is nevertheless a wasted opportunity in that the proposal is more than 20m BELOW the maximum height limits, and barely above the minimum height limits.
Last edited by Will on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#70 Post by cruel_world00 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:19 pm

Will wrote:Our worst fears have been realised. The develoeprs behind this proposal have indeed decided to remove the residential components of this proposal, leaving behind only the office components.

Thye new proposal is for a 8 level building rising to 33m.

The development will come before the ACC DAP next Monday where it is expected to recieve planning APPROVAL

The new proposal looks nice, but it is nevertheless a wasted opportunity in that the proposal is more than 25m BELOW the maximum height limits, and barely above the minimum height limits.

National Wine Centre Mk II

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#71 Post by cruel_world00 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Is there really no demand for residential in our city?

And can I just add, when will SA get a break? We finally get into a position to prosper and their is an international economic down turn during our time to shine. *sighs*

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#72 Post by Will » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:29 pm

cruel_world00 wrote:Is there really no demand for residential in our city?

And can I just add, when will SA get a break? We finally get into a position to prosper and their is an international economic down turn during our time to shine. *sighs*
I agree, I would have thought that it was the other way around. Judging by the speed that apartments in some recent developments have sold, I would have thought that the 8 apartments featured in this development would have been sold without any hassles.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#73 Post by Shuz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:32 pm

I like it. Small, yes, but it looks like a quality architectural addition to the city.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#74 Post by Snorkie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:35 pm

^^^^ Is it possible Will that they build the office building now, and then make sure they have the foundations in place to put up the apartments in the future? Or would that all be lodged in the one DA? 8 apartments seriously could not be that difficult to sell, unless they have financing issues which I think would be the more likely of the two scenarios. Am i being too optimistic?

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#75 Post by Wayno » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:37 pm

Will wrote:....and barely above the minimum height limits.
We have minimum height limits? are they documented somewhere for all to see?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.