[CAN] [The Precinct] | 58m | 5 x 18lvls | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Scott
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[CAN]

#46 Post by Scott » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:59 am

[quote="AtD"]Scott: Yeah it does, they both have windows, are high-rises and are made using concrete, it's almost like it was the same person!

Sarcasm........it's a beautiful thing.

The point I was trying to make is that they are building 5 of these towers together in an area of predominant low rise buildings, and therefore they will stand out like dogs balls. Thats fine as long as the balls are not ugly. From what I have seen these 5 towers offer very little in terms of a quality architectural contrubution to the CBD. They are cheap, repetetitve and have little interest except for changing the colour of the panels.

Quantity not quality.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#47 Post by Pikey » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:56 pm

PROJECT NOW KNOWN AS "THE PRECINCT"

http://www.theprecinctcbd.com.au
Last edited by Pikey on Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

JAKJ
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#48 Post by JAKJ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:02 pm

Scott wrote:
AtD wrote:Scott: Yeah it does, they both have windows, are high-rises and are made using concrete, it's almost like it was the same person!

The point I was trying to make is that they are building 5 of these towers together in an area of predominant low rise buildings, and therefore they will stand out like dogs balls. Thats fine as long as the balls are not ugly. From what I have seen these 5 towers offer very little in terms of a quality architectural contrubution to the CBD. They are cheap, repetetitve and have little interest except for changing the colour of the panels.

Quantity not quality.

...Except that these are high quality buildings which look good... unlike the melbourne ones

Done
Gold-Member ;)

[CAN]

#49 Post by Done » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:10 pm

Scott wrote:
AtD wrote:Scott: Yeah it does, they both have windows, are high-rises and are made using concrete, it's almost like it was the same person!

Quantity not quality.
I agree with this... IMHO when I first saw the buildings they reminded me of modern commi blocks. They aren't ugly but there is 5 and they look the same.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#50 Post by Ben » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:53 pm

Pikey wrote:PROJECT NOW KNOWN AS "THE PRECINCT"

http://www.theprecinctcbd.com.au
You obviously went past the site today too lol. Just posted it on SSC.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#51 Post by Pikey » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:49 pm

No, last week. I figured someone would have already posted it.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Pistol
Legendary Member!

[CAN]

#52 Post by Pistol » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:23 pm

What is the actual height of the apartment buildings? I have heard 19 storeys and I have also heard 17? I'm confused. Any idea when the first sod is going to be turned on the first tower?

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#53 Post by Will » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:40 pm

Crawf, in regard to your question, yes that whole site will be dedicated for the new bus terminal.

And Pistol78, the apartment towers will be built atop 6 level podiums. The towers by themselves will be 17 levels, however when you add the podium heights the towers will be 23 levels. However the final design is still not concrete, and is subject to change. But what can be assured is that the towers will be between 19-23 levels. The towers will begin construction once the new bus terminal is open. The proposal for the towers is still not complete, due to the fact that the developers are yet to lodge an application for the towers to either the ACC or the state government.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#54 Post by Snorkie » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:51 pm

Will Posted

And Pistol78, the apartment towers will be built atop 6 level podiums. The towers by themselves will be 17 levels, however when you add the podium heights the towers will be 23 levels.

Hold on, hold on. This means that if the towers themselves are gonna be 17-19 levels that would make the actual tower 60m, but sitting ontop af a 6 level podium which would be like another 20m or so would mean that from ground level to top of tower would be like 80m? or am i wrong??? Cause that will look insane if it is!!! Im probably wrong though so correct me if i am (more wishful thinking than anything I think

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#55 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:24 pm

Snorkie wrote:Will Posted

And Pistol78, the apartment towers will be built atop 6 level podiums. The towers by themselves will be 17 levels, however when you add the podium heights the towers will be 23 levels.
I think the podiums are going to be 4 levels, not 6.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#56 Post by Will » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:21 pm

Snorkie wrote:Will Posted

Hold on, hold on. This means that if the towers themselves are gonna be 17-19 levels that would make the actual tower 60m, but sitting ontop af a 6 level podium which would be like another 20m or so would mean that from ground level to top of tower would be like 80m? or am i wrong??? Cause that will look insane if it is!!! Im probably wrong though so correct me if i am (more wishful thinking than anything I think
You have to take into account that in residential buildings each floor is almost always 2.7m tall. (2.7 x 23 = 62.1)

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#57 Post by Snorkie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:45 pm

You have to take into account that in residential buildings each floor is almost always 2.7m tall. (2.7 x 23 = 62.1)
Isnt 2.7m the standard floor to ceiling height? I measured them in my house and it was 2.7, and pretty sure we have a standard house. Im no architect, but isnt there also a concrete slab that would lie in between each floor, of im assuming around 30cm-50cm, which would then take a 17-19 level tower to about 60m. Of course I may be wrong yet again, so please correct me if you feel its neccessary will :D

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#58 Post by Will » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Snorkie wrote:
Isnt 2.7m the standard floor to ceiling height? I measured them in my house and it was 2.7, and pretty sure we have a standard house. Im no architect, but isnt there also a concrete slab that would lie in between each floor, of im assuming around 30cm-50cm, which would then take a 17-19 level tower to about 60m. Of course I may be wrong yet again, so please correct me if you feel its neccessary will :D
The height of each floor does indeed vary. For example on Eastwest apartments the height of each floor is a mere 2.6m, however in the Commonwealth Law courts some floors arearound the 5m mark. In regard to the West Central Towers we will just have to wait until the final plans are announced to see the final height of the towers.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#59 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:30 pm

Woops wrong thread :D
Last edited by UrbanSG on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN]

#60 Post by skyliner » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:57 pm

I'm late enering in on this one.

Can I say it looks impressive. (the wlole project).The west is in need of revitalising from the large provincial town look that is in decay. Top renders. Can't see any validity in the airport gripe about aispace with Santos there. It's good to see Adelaide doing something about the major transport entry points to the city. Left a VERY poor impression. Definitely was not the kind thing you want people to see first in Adelaide or remember it by when leaving. Should help much more with tourism - a flat spot with overseas visitors in particular.

When are they going to do something about that Keswick 'station'?