[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Matt
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#3796 Post by Matt » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Is that "Riverbank Stand" signage I also spy?

Matt
Legendary Member!

#3798 Post by Matt » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Excellent... great marketing tool.

justinpa1
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3799 Post by justinpa1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:39 pm

spiller wrote:I really like that theyve stuck with the red seat contrast all the way round. does anyone know if the red tier in the eastern stand will also be members only for cricket matches?
It better not be! The SMA have always said the Eastern stand will be for the people. The SACA Members get too much as it is. Itwas pathetic and embarrassing to see the red seats and the Western stand so empty for the last two strikers games, especially as the rest of the ground was sold out for each game.

bretthandorf
Gold-Member ;)

#3800 Post by bretthandorf » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:58 pm

justinpa1 wrote:
spiller wrote:I really like that theyve stuck with the red seat contrast all the way round. does anyone know if the red tier in the eastern stand will also be members only for cricket matches?
It better not be! The SMA have always said the Eastern stand will be for the people. The SACA Members get too much as it is. Itwas pathetic and embarrassing to see the red seats and the Western stand so empty for the last two strikers games, especially as the rest of the ground was sold out for each game.
Only some of the red seats will be available to the public. About half are for the stadium club and the other half I presume are available to buy

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#3801 Post by mattblack » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:51 am

justinpa1 wrote:
Itwas pathetic and embarrassing to see the red seats and the Western stand so empty for the last two strikers games, especially as the rest of the ground was sold out for each game.
Thats because the Stikers were pathetic and embarrassing in their last games and the members did not pre purchase tickets.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#3802 Post by Vee » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:25 am

mattblack wrote:
justinpa1 wrote:
Itwas pathetic and embarrassing to see the red seats and the Western stand so empty for the last two strikers games, especially as the rest of the ground was sold out for each game.
Thats because the Stikers were pathetic and embarrassing in their last games and the members did not pre purchase tickets.
Big Bash games are heavily marketed towards families (and a TV audience). The razzmatazz, free giveaways for the kids to dress up, cheer for their team etc and the relatively short duration of the game (with an end result!) all combine to make an exciting product.

Attendances at Adelaide Oval for BBL matches were good, despite the limitations to capacity and the Strikers form tailing off at the end.
Comparisons of attendances for all BBL games at all grounds can be made eg via Wikipedia. Interesting.

The Christmas/New Year holiday period and, in particular, the school holiday period is critical for the success of the BBL - attendance wise. Once people went back to work after their summer break and kids went back to school, it lost some momentum - mid week No!

The Melbourne Stars, unbeaten favourites for the BBL tournament, only attracted a miserly 12,506 for the home FINAL!
http://www.mcg.org.au/~/media/Files/Cri ... dances.pdf

spiller
High Rise Poster!

#3803 Post by spiller » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Geeze i'm sick of hearing people on here moan about poor SACA member attendance, and complaining about the SACA members' entitlements that sports fans of the general public miss out on. I've got news, that's the whole point of being a member of ANY organisation. You pay for certain rights that the general public is not entitled to. What's more annoying is, there isnt even a waiting list anymore, so any or all of these moaning people have the option to pay their $320 annual fee (or whatever is is now) to receive these VERY SAME entitlements.

"Oh, but I can't justify that much for a few days of cricket", they said.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#3804 Post by mattblack » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:36 pm

spiller wrote:Geeze i'm sick of hearing people on here moan about poor SACA member attendance, and complaining about the SACA members' entitlements that sports fans of the general public miss out on. I've got news, that's the whole point of being a member of ANY organisation. You pay for certain rights that the general public is not entitled to. What's more annoying is, there isnt even a waiting list anymore, so any or all of these moaning people have the option to pay their $320 annual fee (or whatever is is now) to receive these VERY SAME entitlements.

"Oh, but I can't justify that much for a few days of cricket", they said.
x1000

I've been a member for years and was going to UniSA at the time. Those who think that the members are some rich uper class snobs are sadly mistaken. Since the Western Stand was complete the demographics have completely changed. It's actually really good value for money even if you only go to the majority of days of the test match, the international 1 dayer and a few strikers matches.

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#3805 Post by Honey of a City » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:03 pm

The frame for the video screen in the south east corner is going up and the landscaping and paving of the Creswell Gardens (in front of the eastern stand) has commenced. Huge glass wall in the eastern stand is finished and the copper cladding on the stairwells is underway. All looking fan-bloody-tastic.

Laidback-Luke
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3806 Post by Laidback-Luke » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Image as you can see from this pic they have already put up the 'max basheer stand' sign on the eastern stand and from the scaffolding around I'd assume they're also putting the other four footballers names up. Thinking it will seem a bit cluttered though.
Hooligan wrote:They should've built a stadium there.

*runs away*

Matt
Legendary Member!

#3807 Post by Matt » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 am

"Gavin Wanganeen Stand" is going to be tight.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#3808 Post by ml69 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:11 am

Matt wrote:"Gavin Wanganeen Stand" is going to be tight.
"Wanga's Stand"??

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#3810 Post by Kasey771 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Most people will likely call it the Eastern Stand or the "Footy Stand" only using the names of the sections and the bars inside to organise meet-ups with friends.

Q: Where do you sit?
A: I'm in the Eastern Stand, middle tier of the Basheer stand.
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.